Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Yes because people got to keep more throughout the year. Tax refunds are the savings accounts of fools

Yawn.......
    Actually Sleeve is giving sound advice. Take it as you want to, but you are much better off, if you could budget having the govt taking nothing out, using that money to earn money and cutting the IRS a fat check on April 14. If that's offensive to you, it's on you.

As for the question of difference from last year to this year; the cuts def helped our family. Last year I paid the IRS a few grand, and this year were even. Without any really life changing events.

Also, what kind of bulshit article is that? Making a news story out of one week's filings? It's not even worthy of print. It's like running a news story on the score of the first inning of a ballgame. Fuck the press is desperate. Run that story if it holds true after filling season is over. The press are literally relegating themselves into oblivion with this type of desperation.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 02-11-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      young kids discovering what their favorite sport coupe

*AHEM*
      I believe you mean God's Chariot. If our government had any clue, the E30 would be legal tender as a $1000 bill.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        you're talking to a guy who works 6-figure jobs while single with no kids and claims 8 exemptions and still gets a refund at the end of the year. i don't need your help with this game, dude, i know all the cheat codes for turbotax

it was a fair question- r3v is largely populated by middle-class dudes like us, and young kids discovering what their favorite sport coupe is- i want to know how the changes impacted us, since i am the former and used to be the latter
        Yes I am aware that to afford rent in your fair city a family of 4 bringing in something like 117k is considered below the poverty line...... So your point is just what that you live in a high rent district and earn a moderate enough salary to afford to do so with out too much strain on the pocket book. Congrats so do I, and I lost the ability to write off travel expense and necessary work expenditures this year. Not that it really mattered much with a 24k standard deduction for my self and the wife we just went 1040ez this year

If your single and claiming 8 and still getting a refund I really hope for you sake you never get audited.

Now all that said the article infers that Trumps tax plan is hurting people by decreasing their tax refund checks. So thats a bad thing the people had more of their own money in their own accounts and pockets is somehow a bad thing now?????

Or is it just an attempt to grab headlines with more never trump, its all trumps fault the govt is not giving people the same amount of free tax refund monies that they used get???
        Its a misleading article at the most generous interpretation and you know this.

As far as taxes go, I pay a lot more in as when I am out on a job, I pay at a very very high rate based on working a full 52 weeks, that is off set to some degree by my time off with out much income during those times. I paid less in taxes this year, I got more back from my home state due to working in states with high income tax rates and I get a credit for that with my home state. All in all my refunds (federal and 4 states) cover about 95% of the 1100 sq/ft of hard wood flooring I just had installed in my house, and I got to see average pay checks increase by 200-400 a week depending on hours billed, so no bitching here.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

To pile on with the generally Republican people here, of which I am definitely not, 'tax refunds' would not be the correct measure of the recent tax bill. It was kind of an egregious post. It is a popular news-story lately, though, that a lot of people seemed to be dismayed be this.

---

My refund back was greater last year, but so many things that play into that. The biggest of which is that I made a lot less this year, unfortunately.

I'm not a supporter of the recent tax bill -- it failed to close terrible loopholes and it created new ones. You have cases where pretty average people's taxes were actually raised this year. It favors the uber-rich with the estate tax changes and pass-through changes, inclusive of real estate companies, hedge funds, and private equity funds... I could go into more detail as I am def. an economics-nerd.

That being said, I expected worse. We do definitely have more significant things (than tax refunds) concerning this President to be angry about!
          Last edited by phillipj; 02-12-2019, 10:22 AM.
          1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

>>A good one of which is blatantly misleading the entire country in his televised State of the Union about El Paso.

Unsurprising and Pathetic.
            Last edited by phillipj; 02-12-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Refunds are smaller this year, because the withholding brackets changed and people got more on each paycheck. Basically last year the tax cut put enough extra money into each paycheck to add my girlfriend to my health insurance.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

As far as taxes go, I pay a lot more in as when I am out on a job, I pay at a very very high rate based on working a full 52 weeks, that is off set to some degree by my time off with out much income during those times. I paid less in taxes this year, I got more back from my home state due to working in states with high income tax rates and I get a credit for that with my home state. All in all my refunds (federal and 4 states) cover about 95% of the 1100 sq/ft of hard wood flooring I just had installed in my house, and I got to see average pay checks increase by 200-400 a week depending on hours billed, so no bitching here.
                you could just save all the bloviating about how every source that criticizes drumpf is "biased fake news" and answer the fucking question next time
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

And you could just ask a question and save all the implied moral outrage while over looking the obvious ;) by linking click bait biased article is biased and also over looks that same obvious shit.

But thats not how we do things around here :)
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I think that you guys are really dancing around the bigger underlying issue here: the general public is financially illiterate, to a dangerous degree. That so many people do not understand the relationship between net annual income and "but muh tax return is smaller!" is most alarming to me. I realize that a large percentage of the population has always had difficulty with personal financial management ("half of all people are of below median intelligence"), but we now seem to have our idiotic corporate media outlets and political parties taking maximum advantage of this. Stoking anger in stupid people has never, ever worked out well.

Comment

And you could just ask a question and save all the implied moral outrage while over looking the obvious ;) by linking click bait biased article is biased and also over looks that same obvious shit.

But thats not how we do things around here :)
                      then ignore the link that was only included as an example of people's sentiment and answer the fucking question

but you're right, that's not how you do things
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                        I think that you guys are really dancing around the bigger underlying issue here: the general public is financially illiterate, to a dangerous degree. That so many people do not understand the relationship between net annual income and "but muh tax return is smaller!" is most alarming to me. I realize that a large percentage of the population has always had difficulty with personal financial management ("half of all people are of below median intelligence"), but we now seem to have our idiotic corporate media outlets and political parties taking maximum advantage of this. Stoking anger in stupid people has never, ever worked out well.
                        You're right we are............... and it is a huge issue. I have very smart family memebers that are beyond stupid with their money.

For the record I agree with all you have said here.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
                          I think that you guys are really dancing around the bigger underlying issue here: the general public is financially illiterate, to a dangerous degree...
                          I agree too, and sure, 'people are stupid' -- but beyond being generally difficult, financial dealings are typically made even more difficult in order to confuse and ultimately steal from people (and/or benefit certain segments of others). Our taxes are no different-- a prime example, actually.

Imagine if we had a system where you didn't have to file at the end of the year at all, or, at least in the majority of the cases where you are a fairly typical employee. Major countries in the world operate like this today -- look to the UK, for example.

Comment

Here are some interesting financial numbers:

$3 Billion Damage done to the US economy due to Trump's 35-day shutdown. Measurable costs according to the CBO. Not to mention (unknown) indirect costs

$1.375 Billion Amount of yesterday's border wall deal. $500M less than the original deal that he rejected in December, triggering the 35-day shutdown.

"Great Job."

Comment

So if we are going to build the wall, are we going to hit Mexico with economic sanctions unless they agree to confiscate all the ladders down there?

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                                Here are some interesting financial numbers:

$3 Billion Damage done to the US economy due to Trump's 35-day shutdown. Measurable costs according to the CBO. Not to mention (unknown) indirect costs

$1.375 Billion Amount of yesterday's border wall deal. $500M less than the original deal that he rejected in December, triggering the 35-day shutdown.

"Great Job."
                                $3 Billion is a rounding error for the CBO in an $11 Trillion dollar economy. It's an estimate that's impossible to prove or disprove.
                                Did anyone notice?
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X