No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said it before but I'll reiterate here, I give Trump credit for reducing the corporate tax rate. I'm not really in support of his other tax cuts because the deficit is ballooning because of them, but the corporate tax rate was much too high and was a hindrance to corporate investment in America.

However, how exactly is his foreign policy better? Or his trade policy? Iran and North Korea were not going to go to war with the US because they'd be opposed by nearly every other country in the world aside from a few inconsequential ones, they'd also lose resoundingly. The idea that Trump averted two wars is lunacy.

His foreign policy has revolved around insulting foreign leaders that were friends, encouraging dictators who oppose American values, and generally acting like a child when people don't do what he wants (see the most recent spat with Denmark over Greenland).

Border security hasn't been fixed in any grand sense, immigration is still just as fucked as its been for two decades.

I'm curious why people think that Trump has had such great successes in any of these areas?

Comment

« I am the chosen one. The king of Israel. »
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
        I've said it before but I'll reiterate here, I give Trump credit for reducing the corporate tax rate. I'm not really in support of his other tax cuts because the deficit is ballooning because of them, but the corporate tax rate was much too high and was a hindrance to corporate investment in America.

However, how exactly is his foreign policy better? Or his trade policy? Iran and North Korea were not going to go to war with the US because they'd be opposed by nearly every other country in the world aside from a few inconsequential ones, they'd also lose resoundingly. The idea that Trump averted two wars is lunacy.

His foreign policy has revolved around insulting foreign leaders that were friends, encouraging dictators who oppose American values, and generally acting like a child when people don't do what he wants (see the most recent spat with Denmark over Greenland).

Border security hasn't been fixed in any grand sense, immigration is still just as fucked as its been for two decades.

I'm curious why people think that Trump has had such great successes in any of these areas?
        I'm super curious as to why you are giving >Trump< the credit for reducing the Corporate Tax Rate? Wait, because he happened to be President during a Republican controlled House and Senate which formulated that? Anything would've been more coherent with any other Republican in office. You really do sound like some of the people here who crow about the Economy somehow booming under "Trump" ... truly the few cherry-picked gains are in spite of him.

Bottom line: Guy is a disaster for the country in every way shape and form.
        Last edited by phillipj; 08-22-2019, 09:42 PM.
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Economy doing well at steady rate since 2015.

'all trumps doing'

And I don't want to hear anything about unemployment gains being made, everyone knows, no matter which president is in office, they cherry pick numbers by only using people who were laid off or fired and are looking to a specific extent as 'unemployed'. Its a meaningless figure without including all the variables which no administration is going to do because they dont want a double digit number.

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Economy doing well at steady rate since 2015.

'all trumps doing'

And I don't want to hear anything about unemployment gains being made, everyone knows, no matter which president is in office, they cherry pick numbers by only using people who were laid off or fired and are looking to a specific extent as 'unemployed'. Its a meaningless figure without including all the variables which no administration is going to do because they dont want a double digit number.
            They don't "cherry pick" the numbers. Anyone here is capable of the most, basic amount or research to understand the difference between the U1 through U6 measures of unemployment.

The published number is typically the U3 metric (even though the U6 is a better number), but I can't find anything having to do with HOW you became unemployed only that:
            "...the U3 rate only includes people who are actively seeking employment but excludes those who only work part-time but want full-time work. It also excludes anyone who has become discouraged after not being able to secure a job."

Here is a quick overview for anyone who isn't familiar with all the different designations.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Basically the U3 number is the open and active Unemployment Insurance Claims for the month. If you exhaust claim benefits before you find a job then you fall off the count, if you get laid off and dont file and just look for a job then you are not counted. There is a reason the U3 also is "Seasonally adjusted" as in the winter time many construction workers that are eligible for UE get a lay off when work slows due to the weather for a couple of weeks to a couple of months, and then are recalled in the spring when work can resume.

There are more people working and quitting their jobs right now because the labor market is short and people are getting new jobs or have a lot of faith in finding a new one quickly when they deem the one they have is not suitable anymore. This means the economy is doing well and still going strong, as there is currently something like 7.6M positions going unfilled and less than 6.5m people seeking work currently.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

i've been helping other antifa occupy ICE HQ here in SF for the past two days

no mask, no violence

sorry for not living up to the demon you were hoping for
                Isn’t that special. Antifa is pure trash

Comment

The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) is the United States' primary source for criminal justice statistics that cover a wide range of topics.

Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

I'm super curious as to why you are giving >Trump< the credit for reducing the Corporate Tax Rate? Wait, because he happened to be President during a Republican controlled House and Senate which formulated that? Anything would've been more coherent with any other Republican in office. You really do sound like some of the people here who crow about the Economy somehow booming under "Trump" ... truly the few cherry-picked gains are in spite of him.

Bottom line: Guy is a disaster for the country in every way shape and form.
                    Why do I give him credit? Because it was a campaign promise he ran on and when he got to the White House he made good on it. Same as Obama having a Dem controlled Congress, running on Healthcare reform, and then getting it done when he got to office. I also believe that lowering the corporate tax rate to make it more in line with the rest of the developed world will help to stop corporations from moving headquarters and operations to foreign countries to save on paying taxes, this spurs investment in corporations that are located and taxed in America, which I think is a good thing.

What coherence are you speaking of? Not quite sure what you mean by that statement. I already said I didn't really agree with the rest of the tax reform because it has increased our yearly deficit to nearly $1 Trillion, which is the highest it's been in relation to GDP ever.

Did you read the rest of what I wrote? You seem to be attacking me when most of what I said clearly aligns with the way you think about Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                      Care to give any comment, insight, or point, to linking a 25 page BJS report?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        Basically the U3 number is the open and active Unemployment Insurance Claims for the month. If you exhaust claim benefits before you find a job then you fall off the count, if you get laid off and dont file and just look for a job then you are not counted. There is a reason the U3 also is "Seasonally adjusted" as in the winter time many construction workers that are eligible for UE get a lay off when work slows due to the weather for a couple of weeks to a couple of months, and then are recalled in the spring when work can resume.
                        It's almost like I posted what the U3 number is comprised of, and a link to what the different metrics mean.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

It's almost like I posted what the U3 number is comprised of, and a link to what the different metrics mean.
                          I didnt bother to click on on your link.....
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

I didnt bother to click on on your link.....
                            I get that reading is hard, I really do, but you'll notice in the post you first responded to, I pulled a direct quote from the article shared explaining what the U3 number is.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

I get that reading is hard, I really do, but you'll notice in the post you first responded to, I pulled a direct quote from the article shared explaining what the U3 number is.
                              your "direct quote" was very vague and not terribly informative on specifics of what you were trying to express.... So I added some details, of which you seem to not be contesting. Its not so much that reading is hard, I am just too lazy to be bothered with clicking an outside link that regurgitates information I already posses

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post

Why do I give him credit? Because it was a campaign promise he ran on and when he got to the White House he made good on it. Same as Obama having a Dem controlled Congress, running on Healthcare reform, and then getting it done when he got to office. I also believe that lowering the corporate tax rate to make it more in line with the rest of the developed world will help to stop corporations from moving headquarters and operations to foreign countries to save on paying taxes, this spurs investment in corporations that are located and taxed in America, which I think is a good thing.

What coherence are you speaking of? Not quite sure what you mean by that statement. I already said I didn't really agree with the rest of the tax reform because it has increased our yearly deficit to nearly $1 Trillion, which is the highest it's been in relation to GDP ever.

Did you read the rest of what I wrote? You seem to be attacking me when most of what I said clearly aligns with the way you think about Trump.
                                I did, and I am definitely not attacking you.

However, I very much take issue giving Trump credit in this specific case. The heaviest lifting he did there was picking up a pen to sign the Tax Act of 2017, although you could argue he often used his twitter account / bully pulpit to lobby to make it even worse legislation. I contend that under any other Republican President, or even under another term of President Obama, the Republican controlled House and Senate would have passed a Corporate Tax Rate Cut.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                                X