Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

Looking at how fast he's heading the exit door, chances are that you might be disappointed... ;-)
    He's looking forward to either denying the legitimacy of any other president or a riding on the D for a bit longer. In the latter case, watch out for those golden showers.

But really, this is going to take a long time, and if it goes to the Senate it'll likely die. However, by some miracle if proceedings do close out successfully we can either look forward to the removal process being strongly tested, and likely some idiocy in the near term, or Mike Pence.

I'd place my bets on politicians mostly being pieces of shit and doing nothing except for creating drama, which is what they pay themselves to do.

Comment

If they want to just limit the Impeachment inquiry to his Ukraine dealings, it could be 10 years in prison for DJT. As old as he is, he could die in prison.

1. 18 U.S. Code § 872: "Extortion by officers or employees of the United States" Whoever, being an officer, or employee of the United States or any department or agency thereof, or representing himself to be or assuming to act as such, under color or pretense of office or employment commits or attempts an act of extortion, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

2. Trump has said that he will refuse to cooperate with lawful subpoenas, which violates 2 U.S. Code § 192, "Refusal of witness to testify or produce papers" punishable by a year in prison.

3. Coercing his (multiple, 2+) deputies into joining in cover-up also broke the law. 18 U.S. Code § 610 Coercion of political activity. "It shall be unlawful for any person to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, command, or coerce, any employee of the Federal Government to engage in any political activity." The sentence is three years.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

The really funny part is that he could be impeached, or likely resign if the vote is against him, get out of office, be charged and convicted of a crime, pardoned, and then just run for office again.

Let's be real, no US president will spend time in prison in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          The really funny part is that he could be impeached, or likely resign if the vote is against him, get out of office, be charged and convicted of a crime, pardoned, and then just run for office again.

Let's be real, no US president will spend time in prison in the foreseeable future.
          I could see Pence pardoning him the way that Ford pardoned Nixon.
          However, that would be for those crimes only, he can be charged with other crimes.
          I do things.

Comment

Absolutely correct, but even with a president as undignified as the current there is a fair amount of respect for the offoce, and seriously pursuing charges against one would diminish the office, both domestically, and internationally, in a way I suspect that few are willing to do.

Comment

300 essential troups removed from Northern Syria because "the US has no business in the Middle East. Not our war". Allowing Turks to start attacking Syria, allowing ISIS terrorists to flee.
              Yet Trump sends 1,800 troups to Saudi Arabia.

Stable genius.
              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^^ Pretty shitty synopsis.

But what I will tell you is that this President is terrible, likely the worst person we have ever seen, How can you F up everything? See the last few years. What a disgrace to the whole country.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                  ^^ Pretty shitty synopsis.

But what I will tell you is that this President is terrible, likely the worst person we have ever seen, How can you F up everything? See the last few years. What a disgrace to the whole country.
                  I've literally heard the same thing about the last three presidents. So is it the lowering of the bar for presidents or is the bar dropping when it comes to the intelligence of the voting public?

Comment

Well, apologies for the rant; the ineptitude in 'leadership' as well as policy is pretty mind-blowing, though. I think that's a fair, non-partisan assessment.

For your question - ha, both!- but maybe more is the mass invasion of money into politics, as well as 'news', eroding Democracy from everyday people. And we just become more and more discouraged & give up, making it all worse. Also, we're intensely Gerrymandered. We get a select minority making self-interest decisions that really don't reflect the majority.

Trump certainly isn't the cause, he's a just symptom of the country's Democracy falling apart.
                    Last edited by phillipj; 10-22-2019, 10:08 AM. Reason: clarity!

Comment

Down with the Electoral college, Mob rule wins, DEMOCRACY rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I get that about right????
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

No. And nobody said anything about the electoral college or mob rule.

Comment

Canada just voted yesterday. If anyone does want to talk about 'election reform' and seeking a truer Democracy, they have a rule I really like:

Under Canada's Elections Act, the minimum length of a campaign is 36 days and the maximum length of the campaign is 50 days.

Imagine that!!

Comment

If the Elections Act was actually followed I'd have been shocked. Not outside influence supported by the parties or overspending occurred either right? Of course not!

Comment

Guys... can we talk about what's really important here!!! I came back to check in and Sleeve's avatar is gone after the migration/update???!!! What's up man?
                              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                              -----------------------------------------
                              91 318is Turbo Sold
                              87 325 Daily driver Sold
                              06 4.8is X5
                              06 Mtec X3
                              05 4.4i X5 Sold
                              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                              90 325i Sold
                              97 328is Sold
                              01 323ci Sold
                              92 325i Sold
                              83 528e Totaled
                              98 328i Sold
                              93 325i Sold

Comment

its still there in my setting page, but its gone on the main forum now, Not much I can do about it, I think it has something to do with the migration and auto content filters on images .....
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X