Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I'm excited to go see it for myself. I'll be up there for 6 days starting the 1st.

Like I said, it's probably nice to be there if you don't challenge the cause or whatever. I've seen people who go in there and try to provoke people to go crazy and it's honestly crazy how little it takes. Like the guy who walked through with an american flag, and got swarmed or the jesus guy that got dragged out..

It's probably somewhere in between what is being said.

I doubt I'm going to get IDed by an armed guy, but I also doubt they tolerate everyone that wants to come through.

I'll be staying right outside the barricade at my friends house.
    Make sure to drop by Car Tender and say hi to Paolo. That shop is great and is walking distance if you're staying right outside the barricade

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      hilarious that the left is against guns, walls, photo id. and is for defunding the police
      and the first fucking thing they do is
      erect walls
      form an armed police force
      demand id's

honestly you can't make this up

this ain't going to end well. and is a prime example of why Trump will win
      pretty basic plan. has worked for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Make sure to drop by Car Tender and say hi to Paolo. That shop is great and is walking distance if you're staying right outside the barricade
        I'm going to swing by. Hopefully their shop isn't all tagged up with graffiti.

This is pure comedy at this point

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/protes...give-out-cash/ This video shows a speaker in CHAZ or CHOP or whatever the hell they call it now asking for white people to pay black people within the zone 10.... dollar.....

Come one guys, this is stupid

How little do you think of black americans when you feel like you need to give them 10 fucking dollars. The irony and hypocrisy is absolutely fucking insane.
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'm going to swing by. Hopefully their shop isn't all tagged up with graffiti.

This is pure comedy at this point

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/protes...give-out-cash/ This video shows a speaker in CHAZ or CHOP or whatever the hell they call it now asking for white people to pay black people within the zone 10.... dollar.....

Come one guys, this is stupid

How little do you think of black americans when you feel like you need to give them 10 fucking dollars. The irony and hypocrisy is absolutely fucking insane.
          Watched that clip, and it didn't sound like a demand, or a mandatory handout, but a thought exercise on freely & voluntarily giving away something of yours to a complete stranger who is visually different from yourself. It struck me as a fairly common theme/challenge, and is reminiscent of church youth group activities in the 90s.

Clearly giving such as this then should initiate thinking from the recipient, as that would also be a new experience on that end, and hopefully starts some deeper conversations down the road.

Comment

affirmative action, to me, is ultra racist and looks down on the women or black person that gets a free pass to the position they get
            placed in just so the place can say "look how diverse we are" like a seal at a zoo getting thrown treats.

or do i have that wrong?

Comment

I hate to say it but if you are in the area, please don't stop by my shop to just talk politics and what is going on down the road. I don't agree with much of what is going on in this thread. I just wanted to give my input.

While we don't agree with what is going on to a certain extent, we are not surprised by why it's happening. I've been fielding calls from media, press, and armchair activists all day (mainly conservatives that want to give us a "way to go" like it was a good fun, and rewarding experience" The country is in pain - that's the word I keep coming back to. Pain.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

How about you tell me where they go, since there's absolutely no information on how all these millions are being spent by BLM.

Lies? You say that as if you know where there money is being spent.

This is the best answer BLM could give

"“Right now, our programs are focused on civic engagement, expansion of chapters, Arts & Culture, organizing and digital advocacy resources and tools,” Scales explained during a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” session last week."

What a joke, but I mean are you surprised? BLM lacks structure, organization and leadership.

BLM says, "oh yeah we dont do that" then provide no information on where or how their money is actually spent.

Well you're the one that claimed ActBlue takes BLM donations and sends it to Democratic Presidential campaigns. Which is a lie, and makes no sense. And I personally don't care that you don't believe in systemic racism or institutional injustice for specifically Black people, that's your choice, but crowing about it and also lying on a public forum is in really bad taste. It seems like your path to validation or research on a subject is just looking things up on the internet. Fantastic; You'll be able to find justification and "evidence" for anything like that.

In March I physically went and met and listened to Patrisse Cullors here in LA. And I listened with respect and an open mind. Maybe go look that name up? I'd bet you don't even know who that is, even though you've been talking endless shit about BLM and making like you know all about it and what "a joke" it is (your words, repeatedly).

There are a plenty of opportunities for this, especially here in LA. It's not like you live in the middle of nowhere. Maybe listen to a differing viewpoint from your own sometime, from a major source or thought leader on the subject. This wasn't the particular event I went to, but this was a good talk here in LA in February and it's here in video:

John Legend and Patrisse Cullors speak about How to fix Criminal(In)Justice at the Writer's Guild Theatre, Downtown LA 02/15/20

Here's another more recent talk with Patrisse Cullors on Podcast about the idea of Defunding the Police. I think it's a very interesting and worthwhile listen given the conversation you were trying to have here. Maybe hear how the co-founder of BLM speaks and take some of these ideas seriously instead of seeking out internet cartoon caricatures of them:

Deconstructed Podcast Episode: Is it Time to Defund the Police? 06/11/20
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  I hate to say it but if you are in the area, please don't stop by my shop to just talk politics and what is going on down the road. I don't agree with much of what is going on in this thread. I just wanted to give my input.

While we don't agree with what is going on to a certain extent, we are not surprised by why it's happening. I've been fielding calls from media, press, and armchair activists all day (mainly conservatives that want to give us a "way to go" like it was a good fun, and rewarding experience" The country is in pain - that's the word I keep coming back to. Pain.
                  I'm not going to come into your shop and talk politics

I'm going to literally just walk by
                  Last edited by MrBurgundy; 06-18-2020, 06:03 PM.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Watched that clip, and it didn't sound like a demand, or a mandatory handout, but a thought exercise on freely & voluntarily giving away something of yours to a complete stranger who is visually different from yourself. It struck me as a fairly common theme/challenge, and is reminiscent of church youth group activities in the 90s.

Clearly giving such as this then should initiate thinking from the recipient, as that would also be a new experience on that end, and hopefully starts some deeper conversations down the road.
                    I think you should watch that video again.

“I want you to find by the time you leave this autonomous zone, I want you to … to give $10 to one African American person from this autonomous zone,” “I want you to find by the time you leave this autonomous zone, I want you to … to give $10 to one African American person from this autonomous zone,”

“If you have a hard time giving $10, you got to think are you really down with this struggle, are you really down with the movement,” he said. “If that is a challenge for you, I’m not sure you are in the right place.”

I mean who is he to demand that, but he is saying you should, which is INSANE.

Comment

[QUOTE=phillipj;n9933018]
                      to save space/QUOTE]

You don't think I know who that is?

Trust me, I'm more open minded than you.

As for the actblue statement, I will entertain that thought until maybe you or BLM can say where their money goes.

I am aware that actblue came out with a statement clearing that rumor up.

Really, anything presented to you -- you dismiss. I don't take anything you say seriously anymore because you completely lack merit of any kind.
                      You dismiss anything found on the internet that's presented to you yet you fucking POST TWO LINKS in your article. You're well spoken, but you're an idiot, like holy shit man. Typical insane white shaming SJW. Jesus christ.

I've had better, more riveting conversations about this subject with so many people, but you, it's like talking to an angry 6 yo that can't get what they want.

You always write out these long comments that you base on an assumption and they're always so wrong...

I'm not going to run in circles with you anymore lol, it was fun at first, but you're just terrible..

Keep believing all the lies. When they "abolish" the police, black men are still going to be dying by the thousands per year at the hands of black men and BLM WILL be silent about that, because that's not on their agenda. I've talked shit on BLM so much and all you can say is "meh youre so dumb and mean" and you cant even provide me one thing that redeems them.

You can send me 10 bucks and I can give it to a black person when I'm up there if it makes you feel like you're helping.

If you actually cared about black Americans, you'd know that non of what they're demanding isn't going to help save black lives or help their most vulnerable communities.

I'm a pragmatic person, so I can see thought the bullshit, because I understand numbers, a skill you lack.
                      Last edited by MrBurgundy; 06-18-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Also, sorry to put your business on the spotlight, but these guys need to know what these mobs are doing.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/cops-r...e-chaz-report/

God damn, some of you are just so blind. I wish one day you can open your eyes and see what's really happening here.

What do you guys have to say about that? property can be replaced?

Comment

I think you should watch that video again.

“I want you to find by the time you leave this autonomous zone, I want you to … to give $10 to one African American person from this autonomous zone,” “I want you to find by the time you leave this autonomous zone, I want you to … to give $10 to one African American person from this autonomous zone,”

“If you have a hard time giving $10, you got to think are you really down with this struggle, are you really down with the movement,” he said. “If that is a challenge for you, I’m not sure you are in the right place.”

I mean who is he to demand that, but he is saying you should, which is INSANE.
                          Let's replace it with buy someone a meal, “I want you to find by the time you leave this autonomous zone, I want you to … to buy a meal for (and presumably eat with) one African American person from this autonomous zone." Still insane, nah, but I think the intent is to cause a change in thought, not to give a token amount of money, Will people use it that way, who knows. Will someone subvert what could be used as a positive way to get people together and turn it in to another point of outrage, of course.

Genuinely this specific statement seems more kumbaya and less "give me your fucking wallet, you piece of white scum, how dare you have any money unless everyone else does too," especially as there is no demand for people to follow through, even if he said he sees the white people and remembers their faces. The rest, who knows, but really, this one seems okay.

I feel like this occupation on top of your local events for you has you a bit overheated, and I get it. This whole country has me really, really angry right now too, but all I can do is cool out, and try to see past what seems like insanity on the surface.

As an aside, I live in a rural area in MD, and in my tiny local town, Prince Frederick, the sheriffs department used tear gas and possibly rubber bullets to discourage demonstrators who were getting slightly rowdy, but were not being violent (although someone may have thrown a clod of dirt). That shit is crazy, and wrong. Our county 100% has a racism problem, and instead of doing anything meaningful to bring it to light and solve it, the default action seems to be to sweep it back under the rug. So, if people cannot be peacefully heard without force being used against them what are they legitimately expected to do? Yes, I know, violence from demonstrators plays right in to the hand of the entrenched side, and basically justifies all types of oppression in the name of keeping us safe, so I'm not advocating it, but I am certain that it will come if nothing changes.

IMO, we only solve this by getting people together, not by just digging in further, and I hope someone is willing to take a risk on compromise soon.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

watch the clip again. the speaker clearly threatens the whites present saying he sees them and he remembers faces if they don't give $10. at least that's how I see it.
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              affirmative action, to me, is ultra racist and looks down on the women or black person that gets a free pass to the position they get
                              placed in just so the place can say "look how diverse we are" like a seal at a zoo getting thrown treats.

or do i have that wrong?
                              This is a very real thing. I live in a working class neighborhood, near a school, and near a large apt complex. You can say my area is very colorful and we all actually get along very well - most are small business owners/contractors and the like. I often walk and/or take public transportation just because it's convenient, cheap etc - one less vehicle to have to myself when there's several licensed drivers at the house (I have 3 teenagers and a 21yr old). Last week, I was verbally attacked. It started with one man started preaching about racism, then went on to say something like "if you are white and don't agree with me, you are racist!!! IN FACT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!" I was reading when this went down, in my own world, and he progressively got louder - until it broke my concentration and realized he was behind me a few seats, talking "directly to (at) me". Glancing around, I was the only "white" person there - one other African American, and a few Latino(a). Now, here's a guy yelling at a white man with interracial marriages and mixed family members - but just bit my tongue for as long as possible - let him shout at me, then politely said as he drew a breath: "The man had something like 18 prior complaints" knowing it was gonna draw a reaction, and as soon as looked to to say something, I followed up with "the man didn't even deserve to be wearing a badge." and it was instant silence. I then asked him how he thinks my uncle feels being a city cop. Having people spit in his face at demonstrations - even though his record is impeccable, works with less fortunate children, volunteers at the schools etc. He was at the next stop, and he kept rambling that all white people are racists, and something needs to be done about it, I parted by saying "Yes, racism IS a problem, and NO ONE should have to be called out for color, we are ALL just people and we should act that way." Once off the rest of the people were looking at me, standing for the next stop, and they all shook their heads....
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post

watch the clip again. the speaker clearly threatens the whites present saying he sees them and he remembers faces if they don't give $10. at least that's how I see it.
                                Yeah, watched it again before my post above yours. What I can see of body language, facial expression, and tone does not indicate a threat. Is there passion, depth of emotion, yes, but to me the speaker is more trying to sell than coerce. Clearly much of how this would be percieved on the ground would be predicated by the experssions and actions of others in the vicinity, but as a white person, I would not personally feel threatened by a toothless statement itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X