Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

This is a very real thing. I live in a working class neighborhood, near a school, and near a large apt complex. You can say my area is very colorful and we all actually get along very well - most are small business owners/contractors and the like. I often walk and/or take public transportation just because it's convenient, cheap etc - one less vehicle to have to myself when there's several licensed drivers at the house (I have 3 teenagers and a 21yr old). Last week, I was verbally attacked. It started with one man started preaching about racism, then went on to say something like "if you are white and don't agree with me, you are racist!!! IN FACT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!" I was reading when this went down, in my own world, and he progressively got louder - until it broke my concentration and realized he was behind me a few seats, talking "directly to (at) me". Glancing around, I was the only "white" person there - one other African American, and a few Latino(a). Now, here's a guy yelling at a white man with interracial marriages and mixed family members - but just bit my tongue for as long as possible - let him shout at me, then politely said as he drew a breath: "The man had something like 18 prior complaints" knowing it was gonna draw a reaction, and as soon as looked to to say something, I followed up with "the man didn't even deserve to be wearing a badge." and it was instant silence. I then asked him how he thinks my uncle feels being a city cop. Having people spit in his face at demonstrations - even though his record is impeccable, works with less fortunate children, volunteers at the schools etc. He was at the next stop, and he kept rambling that all white people are racists, and something needs to be done about it, I parted by saying "Yes, racism IS a problem, and NO ONE should have to be called out for color, we are ALL just people and we should act that way." Once off the rest of the people were looking at me, standing for the next stop, and they all shook their heads....
    +1 Good way to go about it. I had something similar happen at my corner store about a week ago. But no need to stereotype everyone on that one angry person's actions, or looks, nor should he me. They don't know my story. I don't know theirs. I kept quiet and about my business. If it seemed worthwhile or possible, I'm open to interaction. Sure wasn't that day though!

People are so angry in the country -- for good reason! CV19 has just accelerated the awful, unbelievable inequality we have. And to bring it full circle, a Presidential "Leader" like Trump helps nothing in this regard, continually makes it worse. He's a symptom of a country breaking apart, and he's also become a cause in policy but significantly now in personally emboldening racism and the constant us vs. them mentality. This country needs major change on so many levels.
    Last edited by phillipj; 06-22-2020, 11:31 AM.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Watched that clip, and it didn't sound like a demand, or a mandatory handout, but a thought exercise on freely & voluntarily giving away something of yours to a complete stranger who is visually different from yourself. It struck me as a fairly common theme/challenge, and is reminiscent of church youth group activities in the 90s.

Clearly giving such as this then should initiate thinking from the recipient, as that would also be a new experience on that end, and hopefully starts some deeper conversations down the road.
      Agree with you completely. I don't see anything wrong with that. That guy has the freedom of speech to say that and he is doing it in a calm and reasonable way. People have their own freewill to stand there a moment and listen, or keep moving. What's the big deal when he says "he sees them" ? He's messaging that we acknowledge your presence and you can't hide, it's definitely not a physical threat.

The NYPost publishes so many things to exacerbate drama, make people angry. They're a Right paper owned by Rupert Murdoch that's basically a tabloid. They run that story is because they know their audience very well and they want to make them mad. Looks like they had a lot of success! Clicks clicks clicks clicks clicks... ads ads ads .... money money money
      Last edited by phillipj; 06-22-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

And the murdering has started wonder if it was the clueless kid that got the AR handed to him with out complying with WA states Universal background check for all firearms transfers, By Raz while streeming to the interwebs

Seattle police responded to a report of shots fired in Cal Anderson Park, near the intersection of 10th Ave. and E. Pine Street, at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday....

Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

An actual report from inside nirvana

SEATTLE — On June 8, Seattle police frantically loaded what they could from the East Precinct into trucks and cars. Within hours, they boarded up and abandoned the station. That night, left-wing pr…
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

This is a very real thing. I live in a working class neighborhood, near a school, and near a large apt complex. You can say my area is very colorful and we all actually get along very well - most are small business owners/contractors and the like. I often walk and/or take public transportation just because it's convenient, cheap etc - one less vehicle to have to myself when there's several licensed drivers at the house (I have 3 teenagers and a 21yr old). Last week, I was verbally attacked. It started with one man started preaching about racism, then went on to say something like "if you are white and don't agree with me, you are racist!!! IN FACT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!" I was reading when this went down, in my own world, and he progressively got louder - until it broke my concentration and realized he was behind me a few seats, talking "directly to (at) me". Glancing around, I was the only "white" person there - one other African American, and a few Latino(a). Now, here's a guy yelling at a white man with interracial marriages and mixed family members - but just bit my tongue for as long as possible - let him shout at me, then politely said as he drew a breath: "The man had something like 18 prior complaints" knowing it was gonna draw a reaction, and as soon as looked to to say something, I followed up with "the man didn't even deserve to be wearing a badge." and it was instant silence. I then asked him how he thinks my uncle feels being a city cop. Having people spit in his face at demonstrations - even though his record is impeccable, works with less fortunate children, volunteers at the schools etc. He was at the next stop, and he kept rambling that all white people are racists, and something needs to be done about it, I parted by saying "Yes, racism IS a problem, and NO ONE should have to be called out for color, we are ALL just people and we should act that way." Once off the rest of the people were looking at me, standing for the next stop, and they all shook their heads....
            Good on you for keeping your cool.
            I do things.

Comment

I want to stay away, but this is just oh-so-satisfying to watch
              https://twitter.com/i/status/1274772592746848256

As far as CHAZ, jeeze. Have you guys ever actually been to Seattle? A bunch of beatniks taking over a city block and having an impromptu block party wouldn't even make the news on a normal day. That's why the city isn't going to do anything about it - it will fizzle out on it's own, but hopefully protesters overall will keep the pressure on Trump and keep him scared, pissed off and sad.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                I want to stay away, but this is just oh-so-satisfying to watch
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1274772592746848256

As far as CHAZ, jeeze. Have you guys ever actually been to Seattle? A bunch of beatniks taking over a city block and having an impromptu block party wouldn't even make the news on a normal day. That's why the city isn't going to do anything about it - it will fizzle out on it's own, but hopefully protesters overall will keep the pressure on Trump and keep him scared, pissed off and sad.
                Yeah, a bunch.

I've never seen a barricaded block party where people get shot and killed in the park. Then, when cops and EMS try to respond they're blocked and turned away.

Maybe I just haven't spent enough time up there..

So much for the summer of love.

Mayor Durken is eating her own words now.

Faced with growing pressure to crack down on an “occupied” protest zone following two weekend shootings, Seattle’s mayor said Monday that officials will move to wind down the blocks-long span of city streets taken over two weeks ago that President Donald Trump asserted is run by “anarchists.”
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I lived in Seattle for 7 years and can echo what Nando is saying. Didn’t surprise me at all. 6 blocks or whatever it is, isn’t much of an occupation
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Yeah, a bunch.

I've never seen a barricaded block party where people get shot and killed in the park. Then, when cops and EMS try to respond they're blocked and turned away.

Maybe I just haven't spent enough time up there..

So much for the summer of love.

Mayor Durken is eating her own words now.

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/22/seattl...end-shootings/
                    Ok. Like all of the tent cities they've dismantled over the years, which are barely news here.

Look, Seattle ain't perfect. I can hardly stand going there longer than a Mariners game lasts. But if you're watching Faux News, you'd think it was Afghanistan or something. Preposterous.

You might think all of WA state is overrun by anarchists. Please, stay away in your conservative shitholes where you can be shot on the spot just for the way you look, or die because you are too poor to afford a doctor. It was getting too crowded here anyway without barely cloaked neo-nazis stinking up the place.

The police are overwhelmed trying to solve social problems, often with deadly force, that they aren't equipped or trained to deal with - naturally, things aren't going to end well, and for some reason people are tired of being killed. Instead of looking at the symptoms, how about giving thoughts to the causes of systemic oppression, racism and poverty that make us all poorer as a nation.

Also funny that suddenly "guns are bad" when it looks like the other side are using them - even though none of us have any idea what really happened or who was responsible.

​​​​​​I'm still smiling thinking about Trump's dejected look as he left his failed rally. Lying, hate and deception can only go so far, apparently.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Ok. Like all of the tent cities they've dismantled over the years, which are barely news here.

Look, Seattle ain't perfect. I can hardly stand going there longer than a Mariners game lasts. But if you're watching Faux News, you'd think it was Afghanistan or something. Preposterous.

You might think all of WA state is overrun by anarchists. Please, stay away in your conservative shitholes where you can be shot on the spot just for the way you look, or die because you are too poor to afford a doctor. It was getting too crowded here anyway without barely cloaked neo-nazis stinking up the place.

The police are overwhelmed trying to solve social problems, often with deadly force, that they aren't equipped or trained to deal with - naturally, things aren't going to end well, and for some reason people are tired of being killed. Instead of looking at the symptoms, how about giving thoughts to the causes of systemic oppression, racism and poverty that make us all poorer as a nation.

Also funny that suddenly "guns are bad" when it looks like the other side are using them - even though none of us have any idea what really happened or who was responsible.

​​​​​​I'm still smiling thinking about Trump's dejected look as he left his failed rally. Lying, hate and deception can only go so far, apparently.

Hey now, 'Burgundy will tell you exactly what Seattle's like without ever setting a foot there -- it's all on the internet if you look hard enough.

Crazy we have a recent wave of plain to see massive failure & corrupt shenanigans going on with Trump & Co., but what you get here on the R3V Trump thread is the bashing anyone and anything else on the other side of that-- namely rights or science.

Comment

I never said "guns were bad" I was pointing out how it seems that law enforcement/local govt leadership is overlooking the laws that were passed on "universal back ground checks " in WA state ( See: Revised Code of Wa. 9.41.113 ) that would get you, me or anyone else brought up on charges. If you, or I, or anyone else has to follow stupid arbitrary "common sense gun laws" in your state why dont the protesters in the chaz????

Also last time I checked block parties dont graffiti and destroy the private property with in said party area, put up traffic barriers and take over and hold the party area by force for an undetermined amount of time, deny public services to injured persons with in the area and so on and so forth. This is and NEVER was akin to a block party.

#orangemanbad. Some how this is all the trumpsters fault right???
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

Hey now, 'Burgundy will tell you exactly what Seattle's like without ever setting a foot there -- it's all on the internet if you look hard enough.

Crazy we have a recent wave of plain to see massive failure & corrupt shenanigans going on with Trump & Co., but what you get here on the R3V Trump thread is the bashing anyone and anything else on the other side of that-- namely rights or science.
                          Oh Philip. So, what are you saying? That what I just posted about didn't actually happen, or there's no way to know if that happened since I wasn't there?

Come on, man. Is the only acceptable information personal experience? Everything outside of that is fake?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ew-him-recall/

Should I be totally skeptical about everything I read? Even raw video?

Idk what you're trying to say by saying I've never set foot in Seattle. How would you even know that?

I spend a lot of time in Seattle. I'm actually leaving in 7 days to spend over a week up there.

What are you going to say when I come back and let you know that CHAZ or CHOP is a shit hole? That I'm just lying?

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Should I be totally skeptical about everything I read? Even raw video?

What are you going to say when I come back and let you know that CHAZ or CHOP is a shit hole? That I'm just lying?
                            Yes, question the motives of every single article, video, and post you see. Not that you shouldn't believe, but you should not trust something like that NY Post piece some posts back, it was clearly slanted and designed to cater to clicks from the perspective of this likely biased individual. IMO everything is biased, which is fine, and I even enjoy reading perspectives I don't agree with even one bit, as it often gives me a better understanding/appreciation of the situation.

When you are in the area stop by and just talk to people, try to get a broad range of opinions, don't agree or disagree no matter how strange their opinions, don't engage, remain as impartial as you can and just observe as much as you are able. I'd be interested to hear your take on thr scenario on the ground if you feel you are able to do so safely.

Comment

Yeah, the Seattle situation is quite interesting, and to be clear I don't mean that in a good way.
                              I do things.

Comment

Oh Philip. So, what are you saying? ...
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Yes, question the motives of every single article, video, and post you see. Not that you shouldn't believe, but you should not trust something like that NY Post piece some posts back, it was clearly slanted and designed to cater to clicks
                                I'm with Roguetoaster, more or less. Yes, I'd be skeptical especially of the NYPost and FoxNews crap you post, and surely, if you walk through that area, give us an unbiased report, firsthand. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X