Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post

You are a moron because you don't believe the verified statistics. You are afraid and emotional...that explains everything. Your hysteria is what is truly frightening.
    Verified statistics? I am guessing you haven't had a loved one with covid complications yet.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      Straw man argument. Ho-hum.
      Not a straw man argument. I just refuse to let my fear be controlled by irrationality.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Because the claim that cops are murdering people is factually incorrect. It is statistically incorrect as well.

I am not calling for civil war, I am merely acknowledging that there are insurgents like yourself who are already waging the war. Only in your brain would that equate that I am inviting civil war. Unless you think that if I just let the tanks run over me, then the civil war wouldn't have to exist.
        ...do you really have no idea what started all this shit?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/us/ge...eak/index.html

there you go. cops murdering a dude because they suspected he used a fake $20. if it wasn't murder, why'd they all get fired and one of them *brought up on a murder charge*?

and you're the one who called for war, so don't gaslight me
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Verified statistics? I am guessing you haven't had a loved one with covid complications yet.
          I supplied him with articles which cite studies that 'Rona doesn't kill kids.

As above, I refuse to let irrationality drive me to fear.

Using your logic, I would never get in a car and drive anywhere because more people die by cars than they do by cops or black scary guns. This virus is deadly...to old people and those with severe health complications. It is not deadly to anyone else. The stats prove that. So why live in fear?

Death is part of life and I will fear things that statistically I should fear. Coronavirus is not one of them. And who gives a shit about if someone close to me died from it or not...that doesn't trump statistics.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

And who gives a shit about if someone close to me died from it or not...that doesn't trump statistics.
            but i'm the psychopath
            past:
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:

Comment

lol. He cites a study from Canada, which actually responded effectively, has had far, far fewer cases per capita, and has a much smaller population. Meanwhile, a bunch of idiots in Georgia sent their kids to camp and 260 kids and staff were infected. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6931e1.htm

Let's put it this way - all of BC has had 1/3rd of the cases of my little backwater county, despite having a population an order of magnitude bigger, and actually most of their economy is already opened - something we're far, far away from.

Also, yeah, kids didn't get it - because we closed the schools before they had a chance to. There have been several kids in the US who have died and many thousands have gotten sick, usually at camps (like the one in Georgia) and several on the very first day schools were opened.

Yeah, psychopath is right. I hope he doesn't have kids.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I supplied him with articles which cite studies that 'Rona doesn't kill kids.

As above, I refuse to let irrationality drive me to fear.

Using your logic, I would never get in a car and drive anywhere because more people die by cars than they do by cops or black scary guns. This virus is deadly...to old people and those with severe health complications. It is not deadly to anyone else. The stats prove that. So why live in fear?

Death is part of life and I will fear things that statistically I should fear. Coronavirus is not one of them. And who gives a shit about if someone close to me died from it or not...that doesn't trump statistics.
                I don't need statistics when it has affect my family, my friends etc. When it can be avoided, why not lessen the risk, though? You might not "give a shit" behind a keyboard on a car enthusiast forum, but you mean to say that if you found you gave it to that family member since you were asymptomatic, you wouldn't feel the least bit responsible?

I don't consider myself "old" being mid 40's, but a friend succumbed to it, my age and in excellent health. Handful of friends have gotten it, some had mild symptoms, others had to be on a ventilator. In the last few months, covid has become ~8% of all deaths for for my age bracket, and the year is only half over: So, while you can promote the auto accident thing, but last year 38,000 died in fatal car accidents, how many Americans died of covid in April alone? Oh yeah, 58k.

While coronavirus is obviously concerning and a very real threat to some people (namely, the elderly and immunocompromised), these data also show that the risk for the rest of the population is quite low.

While, sure, going crazy over it won't fix it, but neither will ignoring it.

john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

but i'm the psychopath
                  Cause you know...having irrational fear about the coronavirus and dismissing an emotional appeal to destroying what stats actually show means that I am a psychopath...but advocating for the murder of cops doesn't.

Ohhhhhkaaaayyyy!

You can accuse me of being cold, but that's quite alright. Being rational almost requires it. You would think your amazing Army training would have cemented that into your brain since that's how you ARE trained to deal with problems.

In fact, I am surprised you rely on any of that western/capitalist/racist training since its invalid morally to you.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I don't consider myself "old" being mid 40's, but a friend succumbed to it, my age and in excellent health. Handful of friends have gotten it, some had mild symptoms, others had to be on a ventilator.
                    i caught it. didn't have to be hospitalized but life sucked a lot for about 8 weeks and now i have respiratory issues that may be permanent. i used to work out by urban-hiking in the hills around my house, wearing my body armor and the duffel bag i use for laundry, and now i get out of breath coming back up the hill from a 300m trip to the corner store for essentials. i have sleep apnea now too, and i can't tell you how fucking great it is waking up short of breath and unable to fall back asleep every night.

yeah. the shit's real, and you don't want it, even if you do live.
                    past:
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:

Comment

I don't need statistics when it has affect my family, my friends etc. When it can be avoided, why not lessen the risk, though? You might not "give a shit" behind a keyboard on a car enthusiast forum, but you mean to say that if you found you gave it to that family member since you were asymptomatic, you wouldn't feel the least bit responsible?

I don't consider myself "old" being mid 40's, but a friend succumbed to it, my age and in excellent health. Handful of friends have gotten it, some had mild symptoms, others had to be on a ventilator. In the last few months, covid has become ~8% of all deaths for for my age bracket, and the year is only half over: So, while you can promote the auto accident thing, but last year 38,000 died in fatal car accidents, how many Americans died of covid in April alone? Oh yeah, 58k.

While coronavirus is obviously concerning and a very real threat to some people (namely, the elderly and immunocompromised), these data also show that the risk for the rest of the population is quite low.

While, sure, going crazy over it won't fix it, but neither will ignoring it.
                      I have never advocated that we should do nothing, but pretending that you can stop a virus like this from being transmitted is a fools errand.

Medical errors kill 250,000 people a year.

The point is, I am not able to stop transmitting a virus to someone else. If they get it and they get sick and they die...it would suck. But I couldn't ever be responsible for their death and neither would you. The problem is that this cannot be avoided and people seem to think that if you just hunker down in place forever, it will go away. That's simply not how it works.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        lol. He cites a study from Canada, which actually responded effectively, has had far, far fewer cases per capita, and has a much smaller population. Meanwhile, a bunch of idiots in Georgia sent their kids to camp and 260 kids and staff were infected. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6931e1.htm

Let's put it this way - all of BC has had 1/3rd of the cases of my little backwater county, despite having a population an order of magnitude bigger, and actually most of their economy is already opened - something we're far, far away from.

Also, yeah, kids didn't get it - because we closed the schools before they had a chance to. There have been several kids in the US who have died and many thousands have gotten sick, usually at camps (like the one in Georgia) and several on the very first day schools were opened.

Yeah, psychopath is right. I hope he doesn't have kids.
                        Being infected does not mean death, idiot. I never said kids don't get it, I said they don't die from it. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

Since we are talking about hoping someone doesn't have kids or not, your fatal ignorance puts your kids in danger. Someone call CPS on nando, please.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

i caught it. didn't have to be hospitalized but life sucked a lot for about 8 weeks and now i have respiratory issues that may be permanent. i used to work out by urban-hiking in the hills around my house, wearing my body armor and the duffel bag i use for laundry, and now i get out of breath coming back up the hill from a 300m trip to the corner store for essentials. i have sleep apnea now too, and i can't tell you how fucking great it is waking up short of breath and unable to fall back asleep every night.

yeah. the shit's real, and you don't want it, even if you do live.
                          Whatever dude. Correlation does not equal causation. Not exercising at all for 8 weeks will put you out of shape, you KNOW this. My guess is that being cooped up has merely gotten you out of shape. Sleep apnea is highly related to being overweight and age (even a little bit as fat in your throat closes up the airways). Assigning your personal maladies to Covid without a doctor specifically telling you it is related to Covid is just your brain being damaged.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Being infected does not mean death, idiot. I never said kids don't get it, I said they don't die from it. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

Since we are talking about hoping someone doesn't have kids or not, your fatal ignorance puts your kids in danger. Someone call CPS on nando, please.
                            lol. yes, children do, and have died. I could post links but what's the point? You can continue to live in your alternate reality if you want to, but please, stay far, far away from me and my family.

Oh look, more threats! Trust me, my kids are fine and will be far safer than yours, if you have any, which by the way you talk, I really doubt. Who wants to be around somebody who doesn't care if their friends or family get sick and die? "it is what it is" - Donald Trump, August 2020.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Whatever dude. Correlation does not equal causation. Not exercising at all for 8 weeks will put you out of shape, you KNOW this. My guess is that being cooped up has merely gotten you out of shape. Sleep apnea is highly related to being overweight and age (even a little bit as fat in your throat closes up the airways). Assigning your personal maladies to Covid without a doctor specifically telling you it is related to Covid is just your brain being damaged.
                              i said i wasn't hospitalized. i did not say i didn't see a doctor. god damn, explaining simple logic to you is really getting old.

you're not a doctor and i haven't told you of the rest of the symptoms i experienced. they're really not your business. do you think i can't PT myself in my apartment, idiot? there's plenty of room on the floor to do pushups and situps.

i'm 6'3", about 175. does that sound overweight to you? fucking seriously dude. you are so far out of your lane and couldn't be any better an example of an undereducated drumpf supporter thinking you're an epidemiologist because you watched some youtube videos and cherry-picked a couple news articles.

past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Children have definitely died from CV-19, although deaths and severity is relatively low. But it does happen.

My Mom was out recently for a walk in their Chicago-area neighborhood and stopped at the neighbor kids lemonade stand on their street. She got a lemonade and some cookies in an effort to be nice to the little girls. Now why on earth the neighbors thought their daughters running a lemonade stand during a pandemic was a good idea, I don't know. TLDR: My mom has been quarantining and just got tested because she got a call a day later from that girl's Mom that Jenny had come down with CV. Apparently got it from a Summer camp where she had just came back from.

So kids can get CV too and pass it along! And just because most do not get sick or die so easily doesn't mean they can't pass it along to my 72 year old mother or father or your parents that may be way more likely to get super sick or even die.
                                Last edited by phillipj; 08-06-2020, 04:29 PM.
                                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                                X