No announcement yet.

Democratic Primary Season 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rogan's recent endorsement of Bernie is supposedly 'controversial'. Some groups & politicians tell him to run away from it, but building a diverse base is a good thing. He should lean into it, not run away from it. It's going to take a coalition of all different sorts to actually win.

Rogan asks pretty good questions on his shows; all the shows with candidates were particularly insightful:

Andrew Yang.

Tulsi, too.

& The Bernie one.
    Last edited by phillipj; 01-25-2020, 03:49 PM.
    1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
      Wow, who knew, this became a comedy thread!
      I did when you started your attempt to get me to change my mind about bernie after I said I don't like him or his ideas lol.

Who cares?

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I think being a public servant for over 3 decades and doing next to nothing while generating a worth of 2.5 mil is pretty unattractive as a presidential candidate.

I never said he was profiting off corruption, or whatever you're initial response to me was. My whole point is Bernie IS a wealthy guy, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wealthier than the people he claims to stand for, and his wealth is due to his role as a public servant. He has literally done nothing significant in his 30 something years in the gov and now he wants to be president and everyone thinks he's some kind of angel, because he says tax the rich and cancel student debt.

I just don't buy it. Never do.
        I might be convinced by this if it weren't for the fact that the majority of his wealth had been generated within the last few years, long after the man turned 70. Does that mean he represented the people before he hit 7-figures, or is there another arbitrary goalpost you'd like to move? I'm not a fan of him, but I'm not a fan of bad arguments either.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

I might be convinced by this if it weren't for the fact that the majority of his wealth had been generated within the last few years, long after the man turned 70. Does that mean he represented the people before he hit 7-figures, or is there another arbitrary goalpost you'd like to move? I'm not a fan of him, but I'm not a fan of bad arguments either.
          Bad argument? Get out of here.

The man ran a campaign on bashing the rich in 2016, then buys a vacation home in cash a few weeks later.

Sanders is the one moving the goal posts, given that his current worth is just under the 45% tax on estates between 3.5-10 mil he proposed. Also, how can you say I'm arbitrarily moving goal posts when YOU are moving the goal posts by essentially saying, who cares if he's rich, he didn't get rich until he was in his 70s? Are you saying he shouldn't be considered a wealthy guy because of that fact, or are there another arbitrary goalpost you'd like to move?

He's a do nothing career politician that's racking up government pensions and making close to 200k a year. Plus, gov workers don't even have to disclose how much they've accumulated in their Thrift plans, so who knows how much more cash he's sitting on.

Just don't see the appeal in him, or see how you can think that's not a good argument.

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
          Q
          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

https://nationalfile.com/bernie-camp...-bernies-wife/

Bernies wife is the real breadwinner thanks to his campaign. It’s industry standard to take 10-15% commission for ad buys. That’s adds up to a pretty penny or two. Donations directly to Bernie happily accepted.

I’ll trust a private entrepreneur any day over any politician and for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I did when you started your attempt to get me to change my mind about bernie after I said I don't like him or his ideas lol.

Who cares?
              Oh, I'm not trying to change anybody's mind; everyone has an opinion. I don't see him as just another duplicitous politician, though. Pretty much everyone else, though!
              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
              X