Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Gun enthusiasts, I want an actual answer

Not the BS I normally get, so here is a very specific question:

"How did the 1994 Assault Weapons ban prevent you from protecting your home, family, or property, or inhibit your ability to hunt?"

I will grant, that it did not lower the number of gun-related homicides, it did, however, lower the numbers of mass shootings.

If all you can do is "muh 2nd amendment" you've already proven my point.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Most people that are going to try to answer that, gun owner or not, don't even know what an assault rifle is. ALL anti gun idiots scream "BAN THE A-R ITS AN ASSAULT RIFLE"

Comment

Originally posted by turbski View Post
      Most people that are going to try to answer that, gun owner or not, don't even know what an assault rifle is. ALL anti gun idiots scream "BAN THE A-R ITS AN ASSAULT RIFLE"
      Yes, anyone with half a brain understands how the anti-2nd Amendment crew and the media have twisted that meaning.

Thanks for the non-contribution.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Not the BS I normally get, so here is a very specific question:

"How did the 1994 Assault Weapons ban prevent you from protecting your home, family, or property, or inhibit your ability to hunt?"

I will grant, that it did not lower the number of gun-related homicides, it did, however, lower the numbers of mass shootings.

If all you can do is "muh 2nd amendment" you've already proven my point.

What part of “Shall Not Be Infringed” is confusing for you?

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post

Should you be able to own and use a rocket launcher? how about a tank?
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Im also genuinely curious ...
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

Yes, anyone with half a brain understands how the anti-2nd Amendment crew and the media have twisted that meaning.

Thanks for the non-contribution.
                That's exactly the point, there are not enough people with half a brain left and its starting to show. I have my answers for the question posed but whats the point? Theres always going to be severe anti-2nd Amendment people that think my pellet gun is the devil and on the opposite side of the spectrum are the ones that can on mutter "muh, 2nd Amendment, Im gonna blast Bambi with my rocket launcher"

Comment

This made me laugh

Comment

Theres a big difference between a pellet gun, revolver, handgun, etc and an Assault Rifle with High Capacity magazines...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

When it’s already illegal to kill large numbers of people at random, why are the lemmings so fixated on “gun control” ?

The people that commit these atrocities demonstrate each and every time a total disregard for the law. The law is absolutely the least of their concerns. So what makes the lemmings think that a new law will stop an illegal shooting?

The fact is, for all these years, liberals have been say “Oh no, we’re not looking to take away your guns, we just want a few reasonable limitations, that’s all....”

Now we are seeing their true colors shine through. Yes, total confiscation is what they want. Fact.

Comment

When it’s already illegal to kill large numbers of people at random, why are the lemmings so fixated on “gun control” ?

The people that commit these atrocities demonstrate each and every time a total disregard for the law. The law is absolutely the least of their concerns. So what makes the lemmings think that a new law will stop an illegal shooting?

The fact is, for all these years, liberals have been say “Oh no, we’re not looking to take away your guns, we just want a few reasonable limitations, that’s all....”

Now we are seeing their true colors shine through. Yes, total confiscation is what they want. Fact.
                        +1 to that statement.
                        if they take all the guns and drop them to the bottom of the ocean, sick people will still find a way to commit crimes. After guns they take bow and arrows. Then rocks and sticks. Point is the 1994 ban did not really slow anything down. Imho as a parent to instill morales, values and an understanding of right in wrong goes further then sticking today's youth in front of a video game and letting that be what they see as right and wrong.

Comment

We all know the internet is a haven for rational political discussion, so I'll go out on a limb and make an effort.

I will readily admit an AR15 is more effective at killing multiple people quicker than a handgun or shotgun. It's easy and intuitive to use. As with most historical innovations, it was designed to be more effective than what was currently available, and still is relevant today. That is why I own one. Would you not concede that the best offensive firearm is not also going to be the most effective at defense? To me it's not about whether or not I can defend myself with a shotgun or pistol. The reality is that I will probably never have to defend my family/home/property with lethal force and for that I am grateful. For me it is about using the most effective tool. My wife has shot pistols numerous times, but is more proficient with my AR. It's easier for her to pick up and put accurate rounds down range quickly. She finds a shotgun to be too heavy and the recoil too stout, so she prefers the AR for that reason as well. There are several stories of children using an AR15 to fend off burglars and other ne'er-do-wells. I'm not advocating that we should be training children to use AR15s, only that it's the one of the best tools for defensive purposes.

I had a much longer response regarding the effectiveness of an AWB, but that is probably best left for an entirely different discussion. I'd rather try to stick to the question posed than going down that rabbit hole.

Comment

When was the last time someone had an A/R and stopped someone else with an A/R?

I think the biggest problem with this is that there is a HUGE area in between some type of regulation and complete confiscation, but most people like to jump the the extreme. I think there should be some more scrutiny before anyone and everyone can get an A/R. I dont want to take YOUR gun away, I want it to be a little more difficult for ANYONE to get one...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Own a gun, couldn't care less if the government banned them. Just depends on what hill you plant your metaphorical flag.
                              85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
                              X