OK Gun enthusiasts, I want an actual answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarpHunter View Post

Well bro, no need to be a dick. Wasn't attacking you. But ok.

For starters you state you had to think long and hard about how to build your ar. Which means you were never looking for the best home defense gun, you just wanted an ar and had to come up with bullshit to justify it over a more appropriate or better suited gun. All I stated was that it was a uneducated choice for the task at hand.

As I said, if you want it cause you think it's cool, or more likely in your case, makes your dick feel big, it's cool. Just say that. Don't use a bunch of bullshit to justify it. The only justification you need is I like it, it's legal, I bought one. Simple. And a better reason than the one you gave.
    I found a picture of his truck. Bro.

Broooooo!
    Attached Files
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Theres a big difference between a pellet gun, revolver, handgun, etc and an Assault Rifle with High Capacity magazines...
      Define High Capacity, because 10+ it is not.

Standard Capacity for my CZ SP01 is 19. Anything less is handicapped, because the gun was designed to fit 19 in the grip. And no, there is not a big difference between a revolver, handgun and auto or semi auto or bolt action rifle. They all are deadly. More deadly? Less deadly. Who cares, deadly, and that alone is the reason we are afforded them in our country to stop a threat to ones life and liberty, government, dictator, criminal or neighbor. The right precludes the 2nd amendment. 2A only solidified the right as it was already eroding away by an ever growing internal tyranny and power struggle instead of the fight to be representatives of the people.
      Last edited by R3Z3N; 08-10-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

What part of "well regulated militia" is confusing for you?

I didn't realize the retired guy across the street from me was part of a well-regulated militia. Gee what word is related to regulated, is it regulations? No, it couldn't be that. Sorry for think as such.
        Ah yes. Historically, the militia was any trained man, not requiring license, that was of voting age, religiously practicing with his tool, and having to carry a MINIMUM of ~21 (depending on state) rounds. This is why one of our California Judges let 1 week of gun owners buy any round count magazine, only shut down because the Left want nothing more but to remove your freedoms in the perception of security and safety.

Comment

Z31, anyway, heres a thought. The right to defend yourself with ANY tool was considered a God Given right. About a decade later, that right was enshrined in the 2A.

I find that many that don't understand this also desire to limit 1A. That moves on to supporting Red Flag laws, which are throughoughly infringing on almost every. single. right. you have as an American citizen. But you scream: My safety! My Feelings!

We don't care as the atypical gun owner. We will die protecting our own, our families, and even YOUR RIGHTs, because we believe freedom is most important, which is what our country was founded upon as we expanded westward without the protection of the government, and many times despite it cough cough trail of tears.

THought 2. All firearms are deadly. Why concentrate on one? Stop masquerading and look at violent deaths. With that, let's cut everyones wrists, far more deaths from those than firearms, that's not even looking outside the states. Don't concentrate on the tool used, concentrate on the heart. This came about moreso than ever in countries with fatherless homes, with the decline or lack of education, and with self-centeredness, and with welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Should you be able to own and use a rocket launcher? how about a tank?
            you can buy and use tanks, a german leopard costs about a 1/4 mil.

Comment

I am Australian and I can tell you from the perspective of a country who has gone through this, it doesn't work. People who want to kill people will always find a way. Plus you have several hundred million more guns than we did, and they won't all suddenly disappear if the big man signs the bit of paper.

There are other issues afoot as to why people are being driven to the point of wanting to murder as many as they can.

sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                I am Australian and I can tell you from the perspective of a country who has gone through this, it doesn't work. People who want to kill people will always find a way. Plus you have several hundred million more guns than we did, and they won't all suddenly disappear if the big man signs the bit of paper.

There are other issues afoot as to why people are being driven to the point of wanting to murder as many as they can.

Agreed. Your buy back was also a failure as to the ratio of guns turned in.

Point: even our founding fathers agreed the world would be a better place without guns, but until the last one is destroyed, and the KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY to forge another disappears, criminals will always skirt the law, as will law abididing citizens that wish to follow the law, but are only felonized by their fellow neighbors and politicians.

Comment

I found a picture of his truck. Bro.

Broooooo!

Carp is your cousin isn't he? Sometimes as family I feel the need to white knight for him too.

I assume mods can see the same green comments that have been flagged by our new overzealous spam filter that users can?

Comment

Originally posted by hkv View Post

you can buy and use tanks, a german leopard costs about a 1/4 mil.
                    Yes, you can buy them - but you can't use it without a special license. You can't get one at Walmart on your way to shoot up people at school.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes, you can buy them - but you can't use it without a special license. You can't get one at Walmart on your way to shoot up people at school.
                      Nothing prevents you from buying tanks on your way to school other than the zeros in your bank account. Are you suggesting that shooters should be required to get special licenses to shoot up a school?

Comment

nando, background checks (special license) have failed to suppress any shooting that has happened. That is as close as one can ever get to stop these atrocities from a lawful standpoint. As stated, take away the guns for a dreamy minute, tools are still out there. The government rarely is the one to suppress any such actions, especially when the person has not been involved with the courts before. First accept that, and realize that no law will reduce this.

The Dayton killer was involved with Antifa, but the media suppresses that info. An organization that by action actually supports fascist methodology: suppressing speech and ideals through violence.

Comment

Fixed the thread title to more properly reflect posters intent. “ I want an actual answer, that reaffirms my belief”

Gun laws do nothing to stop those who are already intent on breaking them. No more complicated than that really. Funny how in a lot of cases, not all to be sure, the same people who believe restrictive gun laws will be effective, argue how ineffective drug laws are and should be loosened.

The victim hood mentality is at core of these sick individuals. Many of them feel society is to blame for their misery. They feel they are victims not of their own doing and blame and hate everyone as a result. We as a whole have been brainwashed into blaming everything in society other than the truth. I mean hell were blamming guns for actions of individuals. Who blames an in-adamant object for the action of a sick individual. These young men have grown up in a society that is afraid to speak and seek the truth.
                          Last edited by naplesE30; 08-10-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                            Gun laws do nothing to stop those who are already intent on breaking them. No more complicated than that really. Funny how in a lot of cases, not all to be sure, the same people who believe restrictive gun laws will be effective, argue how ineffective drug laws are and should be loosened.
                            They do work if they strip the availability of that firearm from the young person with nefarious intent. The argument can be made that they'll just buy them illegally instead of through proper channels, but as someone who lives in a country with restricted firearms access it's not as simple as going to the bad part of town and buying a firearm with similar ease of buying a bit of coke. There's a reason the firearms often used in crime are rusty old pieces of shit, often the ones the Native's up here use are cobbled together .22's with handmade stocks. Granted your country has the unique situation of having millions in circulation, but as those owners grow older their likelihood of perpetrating these types of shootings also diminishes, and their practice of responsible ownership increases.

Comment

Thats not true. You can buy and use a tank as much as you want, no license. However if you want a tank that doesnt have a demilled main gun then you will likely have to register it and/or the shells with the atf as a destructive device.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post

They do work if they strip the availability of that firearm from the young person with nefarious intent. The argument can be made that they'll just buy them illegally instead of through proper channels, but as someone who lives in a country with restricted firearms access it's not as simple as going to the bad part of town and buying a firearm with similar ease of buying a bit of coke. There's a reason the firearms often used in crime are rusty old pieces of shit, often the ones the Native's up here use are cobbled together .22's with handmade stocks. Granted your country has the unique situation of having millions in circulation, but as those owners grow older their likelihood of perpetrating these types of shootings also diminishes, and their practice of responsible ownership increases.
                                That’s a big if isn’t it? I would say that’s an impossible task, especially in a country with an estimated 350mil+ and growing guns.

I think we can both agree America and Canada’s gun quantities and variety are vastly different. Many used in crimes hear are stolen as well. Sure a lot are what one would call P.O.S. but many are quality firearms as well. Outlawing them would only drive up costs and incentivize more theft.

I’m not sure what your point is by as the owners grow older? There are always going to be 16-30 year olds. Perhaps I am missing something in that line of thought. Are you implying further age restrictions?

In a hypothetical situation if all semi auto rifles were banned tomorrow, I as a law abiding citizen would never purchase one. I would not go through the black market for a firearm. However, one with criminal intent wouldn’t think twice about it. Who would that law in actuality really punish? It is the responsible citizen she respects the rule of law. It punished the very person you want to empower, and empowers and stacks the deck in favor of the people you wouldn’t want to.
                                Last edited by naplesE30; 08-10-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X