OK Gun enthusiasts, I want an actual answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    So now that master Beto O'Rourke actually declared that he wants to take our guns unequivocally, what say you "reasonable restrictions" folks?
    A candidate on the verge of being an also ran, not-even-a-VP-contender says no more guns for you baddies. Oh noes, danger.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

A candidate on the verge of being an also ran, not-even-a-VP-contender says no more guns for you baddies. Oh noes, danger.
      Nice spin. Beta said what everyone WANTS to say on the left.

"Indeed, O’Rourke isn’t alone. None of the other nine candidates on the debate stage contradicted him on his proposal to require owners of the two popular styles of assault rifles to sell them to the government. Two candidates — New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker and California Sen. Kamala Harris — have also called for mandatory buybacks of assault weapons. Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, asked if she agreed with O’Rourke Thursday night, allowed only that she preferred a voluntary buyback to a mandatory one."

WASHINGTON (AP) — Beto O'Rourke's "hell yes" moment at the Democrats' presidential debate is scrambling his party's message on guns.

Don't be an idiot, please.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Bob is the only stupid enough to say out loud and proud what all the rest on that stage wet dream about when it come to 2a issues. They in general agree 100% with those things.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          So now that master Beto O'Rourke actually declared that he wants to take our guns unequivocally, what say you "reasonable restrictions" folks?
          The guy with multiple arrests on his record? He's a has been.

Even though Biden has plenty of racist statements/stances in his past, it will be Biden V Trump, and if the Dems continue to go full R on their issues, we are unfortunately going to end up with another 4 years of Orange Man.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Bob is the only stupid enough to say out loud and proud what all the rest on that stage wet dream about when it come to 2a issues. They in general agree 100% with those things.
            It really does not matter what someone says or even what they think at this stage, it's only what items will be realistically actionable during the next administration/Congress no matter who is in.

In any case, Pandora's box has already been opened for so long and to such a degree it doesn't seem likely that we can legislate our way out of this issue. However, I suspect that it will just naturally resolve itself over a multi-generational time scale as fewer and fewer young people are exposed to firearms, and so they naturally lose interest, the lobby loses power, the industry fades, and in whatever amount of time the country is pretty much disarmed. Don't believe that? Just look at how cars are regarded today.

Comment

It really does not matter what someone says or even what they think at this stage, it's only what items will be realistically actionable during the next administration/Congress no matter who is in.

In any case, Pandora's box has already been opened for so long and to such a degree it doesn't seem likely that we can legislate our way out of this issue. However, I suspect that it will just naturally resolve itself over a multi-generational time scale as fewer and fewer young people are exposed to firearms, and so they naturally lose interest, the lobby loses power, the industry fades, and in whatever amount of time the country is pretty much disarmed. Don't believe that? Just look at how cars are regarded today.
              Regarding the former: Actually no, its not that simple. Executive orders have made the executive branch a legislator too. Its not good but its what is.

Regarding the latter: I am not convinced guns will suffer that fate. Unless this transgender/gender identity crap continues and THAT becomes legislated, boys will still be boys and we will always play "Cowboys and First Nations People."
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Point one addressed candidates, not yet nominated, so their actual opinions are fairly pointless until they have power.

On the second point, not sure how gender politics really relates to firearms, but I suppose you are just grinding some other axe.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post

The guy with multiple arrests on his record? He's a has been.

Even though Biden has plenty of racist statements/stances in his past, it will be Biden V Trump, and if the Dems continue to go full R on their issues, we are unfortunately going to end up with another 4 years of Orange Man.
                  Oh God- any money it very much won't be Biden vs. Trump; Biden is a goner. I will say a lot of gun owners sure vote strong for Bernie in his own state of Vermont. I wonder why? Bernie on Gun Policy
                  1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

I will say a lot of gun owners sure vote strong for Bernie in his own state of Vermont. I wonder why? Bernie on Gun Policy
                    Which amazes me as better than half of his stance (while exponentially more reasonable than Francis' approach) is still completely out of touch. When people still try to peddle the gun show loophole, 10 rounds to kill a deeeah, or durr durr durr muskets talking points, they've already lost. While it might appeal to people who are already deathly afraid of guns, and maybe a few of the "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..." LL Bean fudds have grandpa's double barrel hidden away in the closet, anyone with half a mind of their own can see past the pandering. At least he's addressing the idea of mental health being an underlying issue.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                      I will say a lot of gun owners sure vote strong for Bernie in his own state of Vermont. I wonder why? Bernie on Gun Policy
                      Well Could it be the fact that in the last 30 years VT has flipped to be become staunchly blue with 60-70% of the population in VT yanking on the D lever in the voteing booth, and only about 28% of the population own firearms..... HMMMMM Coincidence

Disclaimer...... Yes I know Ol Bern is an "independent" but he rolls with the crazy faction of the D's and has since day one. Or more accurately the more recent additions to the crazy far left D's have more aligned themselves with Bern, but keeping the the D after their name, as to be able to be electable in a more main stream and populace states.....
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Well Could it be the fact that in the last 30 years VT has flipped to be become staunchly blue with 60-70% of the population in VT yanking on the D lever in the voteing booth, and only about 28% of the population own firearms..... HMMMMM Coincidence

Disclaimer...... Yes I know Ol Bern is an "independent" but he rolls with the crazy faction of the D's and has since day one. Or more accurately the more recent additions to the crazy far left D's have more aligned themselves with Bern, but keeping the the D after their name, as to be able to be electable in a more main stream and populace states.....
                        On the first point. Democrats like guns too you know. Your ignoring things like the decline of hunting, and drops in violent crime as factors for gun ownership. It's lazy opinion making. Ignoring things that don't support your preconceived opinion.

On the second, only in today's america would Bernie Sanders be considered far left. He's a centrist, about as in the middle as you can get. It's just the right as a whole has moved so far to the right that the center seems a mile away. And thus extreme.

Comment

Crazy faction of the D's(?) I don't really follow. What does 'crazy' mean? I think his beliefs actually reflect the majority of the country if you want to look into it.

Comment

Ol Bern is not a centrist, he is very left of scale as are most of the current crop of contenders for the D nomination. Just because the news says hes a centrist does not make it so.....

Yes there is a 50% Plus majority of the US that support far leftist ideals as evidenced by this map

William Pitt-

Comment

Things really aren't really only red or blue. True representation isn't calculated by acreage. Those colors on that map don't tell the story when it comes down to the actual real, breathing vast numbers of people supporting specific issues. If every vote was counted equally you'd see a lot of purple.

What I contend, is that -- may seem 'crazy' to you-- but someone like a Bernie actually aligns with the wants of the majority population, on most every issue, and, specific to this thread, the greater gun issue (which he's considered more moderate on).

Our country is not at all accurately represented, per the actual people. Oligarchy & gerrymandering is giving us minority rule.
                              Last edited by phillipj; 01-08-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

"Democracy" is always the oppression of the 49% by the 51%.

Comment

Working...
                                X