No announcement yet.

Sanders or Biden? Where Do You Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dare say either of the folks in the thread title are/would be a darn sight better than the alternative. In any case the will of the populace was heard, just as it was last time, and I wish people could be dissatisfied while allowing the people in charge to rule while they are in instead of being completely obstructive.

Is Biden perfect? Heck no, plenty of missed opportunities and fumbles so far. But is that any different from any other new admin? Not really.

Comment

I just wish there was a 3rd alternative. It would really put a thorn in the plan of those "anybody but xxxxxx" voters
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        So Ummmm Hows this all working out for you guys???? seems to me this is a classic example of "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"
        It's working out fine for me. Currently working on the biggest project of my career. Everyone in my family is now vaccinated, and they finally opened up the Canadian border. My investments have continued to do well too.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          I dare say either of the folks in the thread title are/would be a darn sight better than the alternative. In any case the will of the populace was heard, just as it was last time, and I wish people could be dissatisfied while allowing the people in charge to rule while they are in instead of being completely obstructive.

Is Biden perfect? Heck no, plenty of missed opportunities and fumbles so far. But is that any different from any other new admin? Not really.
          The only difference this time, is that an entire side is not trying to obstruct EVERYTHING the other side is doing, such as was the case last presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post

The only difference this time, is that an entire side is not trying to obstruct EVERYTHING the other side is doing, such as was the case *EVERY* presidency.
            you must've forget all the "support" Obama was given
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

The only difference this time, is that an entire side is not trying to obstruct EVERYTHING the other side is doing, such as was the case last presidency.
              It has become completely typical for any side to oppose another for no reason beyond a party label. I believe this is completely un-American no matter who is doing it. Politics should be for the benefit of the people with a healthy back and forth with exchanges of power party to party over time.

Somewhat unrelated, but check out Bob Dole's op ed from some time before he died for a real view of Americanisim.

Comment

Maybe because the last president was trying to do everything he could to enrich and empower himself and his family/friends at the expense of the rest of the nation? Nahhh..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i wonder if a multi-party system would work for your guys. the bi-party system you have tends to exacerbate division pulling both sides farther and farther out to their extremes. you've lost all the middle ground where actual governance takes place and replaced it with inflammatory rhetoric and culture wars.

we have 5 parties. 3 produce electable policies, 2 are relevant, and at least 2 others vacuum up the fringe elements on either spectrum. you're trying to cram all that viewpoint into just 2. it's no wonder there's substantially more volume than accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                    i wonder if a multi-party system would work for your guys. the bi-party system you have tends to exacerbate division pulling both sides farther and farther out to their extremes. you've lost all the middle ground where actual governance takes place and replaced it with inflammatory rhetoric and culture wars.

we have 5 parties. 3 produce electable policies, 2 are relevant, and at least 2 others vacuum up the fringe elements on either spectrum. you're trying to cram all that viewpoint into just 2. it's no wonder there's substantially more volume than accomplishment.
                    We do have other parties, they're just more like the NDP or the Greens.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
                      I agree with this and have been trying to advocate for it. Currently Andrew Yang is trying to get a third party to be a legitimate option.

Theres been too much of this "anybody but (fill in the blank)" voting going on and we end up with sh!theads on both sides
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ndes3ex7qc1txhseao1_1280-768x433-1.png
Views:	109
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	10039160

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

We do have other parties, they're just more like the NDP or the Greens.
                          at least one of those parties is mainstream here lol.

the ndp currently holds the balance of power in our gov't. if they withdraw their support, the gov't falls. in order to remain in power the current governing party (liberal), has to adopt policies or even pass law, with the input of the lesser party. this is a forced compromise, and is generally a result of popular public opinion and want. because of the multi-party system, the politicians are forced to work together if they wanna get anywhere. you see this in europe as well, but it's much much different in the states.

no one gets too big for their britches in a multi-party circumstance.
                          Last edited by 82eye; 12-08-2021, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X