No announcement yet.

Melon's Autocross Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops, I corrected, I seen you mention it in OP..

I updated and mentioned to try more aggressive rear pad.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Woops, I corrected, I seen you mention it in OP..

I updated and mentioned to try more aggressive rear pad.
      I've changed that up since I first made the thread, so that's fair.
      I'm fine with the braking and rotation now.

​​​​​​Looking at different suspension options now. Really didn't want to buy more parts, but I think there's better options out there.
      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

I've changed that up since I first made the thread, so that's fair.
        I'm fine with the braking and rotation now.

​​​​​​Looking at different suspension options now. Really didn't want to buy more parts, but I think there's better options out there.
        I would recomend doing more autocrosses with the current setup. Dont take this the wrong way but it sounds like you are trying to compensate time with new parts. Learn to compensate for the cars issues now and after a lot more seat time you can go to a new setup.
        Originally posted by blunttech
        Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
        :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post

I would recomend doing more autocrosses with the current setup. Dont take this the wrong way but it sounds like you are trying to compensate time with new parts. Learn to compensate for the cars issues now and after a lot more seat time you can go to a new setup.
          I do things.

Comment

Yeah... more mods is rarely the answer.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

What was the braking issue?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                What was the braking issue?
                Not enough bias to the rear.

Removed prop valve, installed Wilwood valve, with proportioning set to 0.
                Fixed.
                I do things.

Comment

Friend of mine captured some great videos of the car.

I installed the adjustable IE links before the event.
                  Set the front bar to full stiff, and left the rear on soft, it really helped the rear stay planted under heavy throttle and breaking, it can still rotate, but is much more planted.
                  Ran higher pressures in the tires too. 36 front, 34 rear, I'll keep playing around with this, but they did better than at 30psi.

Most importantly I began to get more comfortable with pushing the car, and really dropped time by being much more aggressive with my inputs.

Fast times were low 43s, FTD was 42.5s I was running mid 45's
                  I do things.

Comment

Man, the exhaust sounds mean! Glad to see you out enjoying the car
                    '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Finished up a 2-Day Event in New Orleans.

I picked up a set of 15x7 Kosei K1's and put 205/50/15 RE-71R's on them.
                      The allure of cheap tires was too good to pass up.

I'm finishing right in the middle of RAW times, and same general area in PAX.
                      I'm getting raw-dogged by a dude in a Mustang. SAD!

H&R Sports are too soft, as has been said many times before. The car is rolling around too much, I'm losing grip in the corners, coupled with the lack of raw power, it's not a good combo.
                      I'll keep running the car for the season, but over the summer break in 2020 I'll probably look to upgrade to coilovers.

Also, had a nasty gas leak at the overflow tank in the rear wheel well, crimp came loose, fortunately someone had a small hose clamp and I was able to get it fixed.

I picked up a GoPro so I'll start recording my runs, but for now all I got is trackside video.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                        Man, the exhaust sounds mean! Glad to see you out enjoying the car
                        It won't ever get FTD, but it's so much fun to thrash around.
                        I do things.

Comment

Melon, Love your E30. I have been AutoXing my E30 318is for probably 5 years now. I race with my local BMWCCA group and I am usually in the top 15 raw and top 5-7 BMW's at the event with easily half the hp. I have basically the same suspension setup as you except 2 years ago I switched the front springs to IE Coilover conversion with 450lb springs. It has made a huge difference! I consistently beat S52 e30's and I am really competitive against new M2's. Best 400-500 ever spent. I run 15X8 with RE71's.

This past weekends run. Top Video is me. Just sealed my 2nd overall championship in a row. You can be very competitive. Good luck!
                          (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan View Post
                            Melon, Love your E30. I have been AutoXing my E30 318is for probably 5 years now. I race with my local BMWCCA group and I am usually in the top 15 raw and top 5-7 BMW's at the event with easily half the hp. I have basically the same suspension setup as you except 2 years ago I switched the front springs to IE Coilover conversion with 450lb springs. It has made a huge difference! I consistently beat S52 e30's and I am really competitive against new M2's. Best 400-500 ever spent. I run 15X8 with RE71's.

This past weekends run. Top Video is me. Just sealed my 2nd overall championship in a row. You can be very competitive. Good luck!
                            The link isn't working :( says not available.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

So my battery decided to spill acid. I washed it down at the even with water, and cleaned it up, so, very little paint damage in the trunk, it's fixable.

Looking at getting one of these. If I'm correct a Type 48 fits out cars, even though it's not listed on the website.

Last edited by Melon; 11-25-2019, 06:42 AM.
                              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan View Post

Thanks man!

I've been looking into the GC kit, or going with the cheaper full coilover kit. BC Racing.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X