New 15x8 wheel coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markseven View Post
    I'm surprised someone as articulate as you are was unaware of the implications the word deception carries.
    Mea culpa.

English is only my second language. Be assured that I didn't have the intention to even pretend that it was a fraude.
    That exact same word (déception), in French, simply means that the situation was below one's hopes. Certainly not carrying the same force as the english sense .
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
      Thanks GotCone for reminding me what I wrote. The initial context of my first comment was for people being impatient, two to three weeks before the announced schedule.

But according to the TR representant, the schedule has been moved a couple of month later, in mid track season, which means they become wheels for the 2009 season for many trackers. Nobody is being blamed. Just showing deception. I already have 4 brand new TOYOs awaiting rims. Rota already fucked up big time on two GBs on S14.net, then this one seems to be postponed to mid season. Remember I am not blaming anybody.
      forget a group buy. Just go buy some wheels.

pick up some spacers and the the 6UL's from 949racing.com Then you can have you your 15x8's and go racing on your Toyo's..

just my $0.02

don't ever put a track/race season on hold for 'prospective' wheels. But something/anything in the interim and get seat time.
      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Don't worry, GotCone. I am not postponing anything. I already had three track days this early season :pimp:.
        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Don't worry, GotCone. I am not postponing anything. I already had three track days this early season :pimp:.
          whew... glad to hear it. I've just see too many people put plans on holds due to prospective wheels.

I want a set of these too, but just went with some 16x8" rotas on some scrub tires to get us by.

Jon
          Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Mea culpa.

English is only my second language. Be assured that I didn't have the intention to even pretend that it was a fraude.
            That exact same word (déception), in French, simply means that the situation was below one's hopes. Certainly not carrying the same force as the english sense .
            I see. Cool.
            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Jack posted this on bimmerforums yesterday here is a link to the thread

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

I know many of you have been asking so here’s the lastest info I have on the new wheels….

1. Color of the first batch is carbon gray…other colors in subsequent shipments TBD.

2. In 5x120 the first shipment will ONLY be 8” wide, offset is 20, proper BMW center bore.

2. In 4x100 the first shipment will be 7, 7.5, and 8” widths. The 7” and 8” wheels will come in proper E30 non M3 center bore. Offsets will be 25 and 20 respectively. The 7.5” wheel will only come in the larger center bore, the offset will be 42. The 7” wheel will also be available in this sizing.

3. Pricing is $99/7”, $104/7.5”, and $109/8”, priced per wheel of course.

4. Current timing is mid July. The tools are in process now so this date should be more firm. The original date of late May/early June was based on what was known at the time which was not as firm since tooling had not been started.

That's the current info I have now, I will check on it periodically to see what progress is.

Oh, for BBK fitments....if you have a template email it to me, jack_AT_elephantmotorsports.com and I'll check fitment, can't release the wheel print, sorry.

Cheers.

Comment

I think I found my wheels =)
                1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

i am interested to! where will we be able to buy these?
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                    i am interested to! where will we be able to buy these?
                    www.tirerack.com
                    1973 Bavaria

Comment

I guess the wheel and design isn't new, just the sizing and fitment. I'm curious what these wheels would look like in carbon grey since I can't find any pictures in that color. But here are the pics from tire rack, only visual differences for the E30 version is the 5-bolt vs. 4-bolt.

Comment

I like the center portion of the ones that were initially pictured much more than these. I hope they stay the way they were as I think they look much better.

Are you sure these are the same with only the fitment being different?

Comment

Originally posted by Tirerack guy quoted by fressshhh View Post
                          The wheel you're referring to is called the TRM Motorsports C1. It will be coming in a carbon grey finish only (as far as I know).
                          A list of all the currently available TRM wheels, which does not include anything called the C1. So a picture of the F2 is probably not very helpful, or worth discussing.
                          Last edited by Brian D; 05-30-2008, 08:47 PM.
                          1973 Bavaria

Comment

very nice

they should get to work on 16x8et24 on those....

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post
                              A list of all the currently available TRM wheels, which does not include anything called the C1. So a picture of the F2 is probably not very helpful, or worth discussing.
                              Yes, that is where I got the picture that I posted. But don't you notice that the computer drawing posted by the O.P. looks identical to the F2? I mean, same design, same number of spokes, same curvature in the spokes, same lip, and on top of that, it's made by the same company that is supposed to make this 4 lug E30 wheel people are waiting for.

Honestly, I think it is pretty helpful and worthy of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
                                I like the center portion of the ones that were initially pictured much more than these. I hope they stay the way they were as I think they look much better.

Are you sure these are the same with only the fitment being different?
                                No, I am not sure of anything, just noting some similarities, and a theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X