New 15x8 wheel coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkodama View Post
    Yes, that is where I got the picture that I posted. But don't you notice that the computer drawing posted by the O.P. looks identical to the F2? I mean, same design, same number of spokes, same curvature in the spokes, same lip, and on top of that, it's made by the same company that is supposed to make this 4 lug E30 wheel people are waiting for.
    Honestly, I think it is pretty helpful and worthy of discussion.
    They do look similar. They have different model numbers though, which means they are probably not the same. You're just speculating, which is fine, except you said:
    I guess the wheel and design isn't new, just the sizing and fitment. I'm curious what these wheels would look like in carbon grey since I can't find any pictures in that color. But here are the pics from tire rack, only visual differences for the E30 version is the 5-bolt vs. 4-bolt.
    Which sounds like you know that for a fact.

Personally I'd like a 15 inch version of the MT1-R that sumyungguy showed. But we'll get what we get when we get it, right?
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by Q-ship View Post
      They do look similar. They have different model numbers though, which means they are probably not the same. You're just speculating, which is fine, except you said:

Which sounds like you know that for a fact.

Personally I'd like a 15 inch version of the MT1-R that sumyungguy showed. But we'll get what we get when we get it, right?
      Ahh, yeah, that's my fault. I should have stated that differently.

And I agree with you about the looks of the MT1-R, it's a pretty good looking wheel. That was a wheel option for me back when I had my E46 330i, and they are also crazy light for their size. They were about the same weight as my BBS RG-R wheels, which were forged, and the MT1-R's are only cast. It kinda made me skeptical of the quality, but either way, they were good looking and lightweight.
      Last edited by mkodama; 06-01-2008, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkodama View Post
        Ahh, yeah, that's my fault. I should have stated that differently.

And I agree with you about the looks of the MT1-R, it's a pretty good looking wheel. That was a wheel option for me back when I had my E46 330i, and they are also crazy light for their size. They were about the same weight as my BBS RG-R wheels, which were forged, and the MT1-R's are only cast. It kinda made me skeptical of the quality, but either way, they were good looking and lightweight.
        I really hope the new wheels are like the rendering, the F2 is my least favorite because of the details and finish. We just don't have too many direct fit options for a 15x8. And I have to admit, I'll take a reasonably priced cast wheel over a more expensive forged for track duty. I hope these are reasonably sturdy.

Waiting is difficult.
        1973 Bavaria

Comment

Any updates? I need wheels asap, I want to use the 15" tires I have lying around..

Comment

Alrighty guys and gals, got an update on the wheels today. Good news is I have real pictures of real wheels that are completed, both 4 lug and 5 lug. Now there is still some testing to do so let's not get too excited. I still don't have firm timing, in fact they were hesitant to offer much here. So that sorta sucks but well, there ya go.

I was very happy to see real pics though, they do look good. What I saw I believe is still a raw wheel, no paint/color so it was aluminum silverish, nothing of particular note unless you happen to like regular ol' silver aluminum. I don't have any confirmation of what colors will be coming or even if there will be more than one initially. So there's still a lot up in the air.

But know that wheels are made and are undergoing what should be final testing before release. I will pass along what I hear when I hear it.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this, I absolutely know how you feel, I've been waiting for more than 2 years. ; )

Cheers.
            Jack Money
            http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
            Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

Those look seriously badass.

Elephant, did you get my PM?

Comment

Are the prices going to change?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Where are the pics
                  sigpic
                  24v swapped

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                    Those look seriously badass.

Elephant, did you get my PM?
                    I gotcha! ; )
                    Jack Money

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                      Are the prices going to change?
                      No changes in prices, all is still in our favor...if you will.
                      Jack Money

Comment

Originally posted by e30love View Post
                        Where are the pics
                        Yeah, sorry. That's what I forgot to say in my previous post. I cannot post pics of them yet, not allowed to. Sorry about that. : (
                        Jack Money

Comment

wheels

Jack......

can you at least tell us if they look like your original pics????

.....thats the wheel I really want......!!!!!....??????

You made no mention.
                          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

This would be good. I could but a set of these as winter wheels, then put the bad boy summer rubber on my Works.

Subscribed.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

looking forward to these..
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523
                              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
                                Jack......

can you at least tell us if they look like your original pics????

.....thats the wheel I really want......!!!!!....??????

You made no mention.
                                Hi Joel,

Yes, the final product is pretty much the same design as the graphic picture I orginially posted. In fact I'll take one sec here to compare....<pause>.....

The only difference I can see between the rendering and the actual wheel is where the spokes meet the barrel of the wheel they seem to be set in slightly deeper on the actual wheel. Not too much but let's say in the rendering that depth is 0.5" then in the actual wheel it's probably 1". Not linearly twice as deep but you get my point.

Cheers.
                                Jack Money

Comment

Working...
                                X