X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bananapeel View Post
    Soooo where does everyone recommend an alignment in San Diego preferably north county?
    Oceanside Motorsports off the 76 did mine last summer.

Leave a comment:

• Bananapeel
    replied
    Soooo where does everyone recommend an alignment in San Diego preferably north county?

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Hahaha, freakin' Simon.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Complaining about how slow R3V is is so 2019... lol

Leave a comment:

• e30trooper
    replied
    Man! What happened to this forum? Its soooooo slooooooow now. Not liking this new look either. S U P ?

Leave a comment:

• e30trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by efficient View Post
    probably time to sell my trashy e30 for lots of monies
    I got 2 mil of sheb for ya. give it a few years and you'll be rich :)

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...igio_medio_is/

35 THOUSAND DOLLARS for a body kit, bags, and right hand drive conversion.
    BTW, that's the first POS that CaTuned tried to pass off as their *signature rocket bunny car build*. I remember seeing the Castro's deal with that car after the vintage show. That thing is a freaking cheap pig with lipstick on.

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied
    probably time to sell my trashy e30 for lots of monies

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...igio_medio_is/

35 THOUSAND DOLLARS for a body kit, bags, and right hand drive conversion.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Where's all you foos at?

Leave a comment:

• Curt2000
    replied
    Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Carl at La Jolla Independent can help, they like the 4 banger. Not affiliated, I do buy parts from them.

Good luck
    Thanks! I’ll give them a call Monday

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Curt2000 View Post
    Hey guys, new E30 ‘91 318is slick top owner in San Diego here, just failed SMOG trying to register, high HC’s in the 25MPH test.

Is there a good E30/older BMW/euro shop who you guys can recommend around Miramar area to help me figure put the issue?
    Carl at La Jolla Independent can help, they like the 4 banger. Not affiliated, I do buy parts from them.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Curt2000
    replied
    Hey guys, new E30 ‘91 318is slick top owner in San Diego here, just failed SMOG trying to register, high HC’s in the 25MPH test.

Is there a good E30/older BMW/euro shop who you guys can recommend around Miramar area to help me figure put the issue?

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Alright, my supervisor came in with me early in the morning and we put the trans in. Took 2 hours. I bought long (100mm) bolts for the subframe, so we could lower the engine but still keep it "in place". It worked; with the car on the lift on the lowest lock, and an engine hoist holding the engine tilted up, there was enough room to reach and torque all the bolts. I remembered to fill the trans before installing it this time, lol. I left the steering linkage installed, because I didn't want to fuck with lining it up again. The engine might have gone lower if I disconnected that, but this worked, so, yay.

At the moment, I don't know if the thing is lined up like it should be. I'll see later.
    So with that hurdle out of the way, I feel more comfortable towing it home and finishing as much as I can on jackstands. I think I can get away with calling AAA claiming my car doesn't start and needs a flatbed. *shrugs*
    The next biggest hurdle will be building the exhaust. I planned to cut and TIG a stainless setup from scratch, but because of how long that will take, I can't fathom only working on it for 2 hours every morning; that timeframe includes pushing it into and out of the shop every morning. No, I cannot work on it on the weekends, not without one of my bosses there. Only early morning is an option.
    More manageable tasks that I could use help with at home are bleeding the brakes & clutch. Then all that's left is installing the driveshaft, wiring, the freakin' external FPR and the charcoal canister, cooling system, adding a fan, and whatever else. Thanks for the offer Ed, I'll let you know as things develop.
    Once I figure out the exhaust, I think it'll be smooth sailing.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The joys of a swap ... hang in there bud you’ll get there. Super dick move from the shop owner, if you can’t stay late at night can you at least go in on a weekend just to get it to a point that you can move it elsewhere?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X