Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

west side rentals seems like a scam to me, every time i called a place listed through that, it was bait and switch.

BUT i never actually had the service, I'd call them standing in front of a place with their sign on it, "that's no longer available, we have similar..." so i guess it just left a bad taste after several repeated instances.

tried padmapper? i found that better than CL, give it a try before WSR
    sigpic

Comment

I had a terrible experience with WSR about 5 years ago. I'd never recommend them to anyone. Driving around the area you want to move to looking for the "for rent" signs has been my best bet over the years.
      sigpic

Comment

WSR seems to cater to higher end rental properties. A friend of mine let me use his account and while they had some good stuff, it was WAY out of my price range.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

never heard of padmapper, I will try that. In addition to cruising around West LA on saturday
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I used their site (WSR) before I moved here from Arizona. I signed up for 60 bucks and everything was as advertised. The listings are better quality and you can find guest houses and things like that.

Free sites/apps I like are

Radpad - with the app it will show you listings in a radius of your location. Good if you just want to explore and dont have a list.

Hotpads - you can see all the listings that fit your criteria on a google map. This one is better to use on the computer or something with a large screen.

Another trick is to see if your listing is on rent.com. If it is, put them down as the referral on the rental application. Then if you sign the lease you can get a $100 gift card. Their site isn't bad either btw.

Sent from my SGH-T769
            Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
            LED Bulb Thread
            R6 LED Review

Comment

Simon; I've lived on the Westside for 80% of the time I've been in the states, hit me up and we'll hook to go look at certain areas you might want to entertain.
              I also know of a place called Realty Rentals and have a friend who manages properties in the Westside and OC., you take your pick.

And like you said earlier, yes the Westside is pricey.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                Maybe they saw the crack pipe and wanted a fix? And since you didn't have any substance ...or had it hidden very well... they took your radio so they could get some? lol

But seriously that sucks man. Ever thought about putting in an alarm?
                Alarm. YES! Just never really needed it, so I thought. But I have been parking the car at a park and ride area instead of my jobs offsite secured parking. My fault. :(

On that note any suggestions? How will I know if I can hook said alarm to my GE Keyless entry?

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                I have the parts if none of your Bros in LA have them. Seeing that the part were destroyed by ripoffs the parts are free but the drive is long.

Cheers,

Jim
                Thanks Jim, I don't think we have met in person nor really online. I'm happy you offered and are just that great a person. I wish I could make it down there but cant But I'm thankful for the offer!

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                I have what you need. I have two complete doors I have been using for parts.
                Sweet! Thanks Barry. I actually have little free time so I had someone come out and replace the glass just earlier today, I could drop by sometime and grab some of your spare door parts if you don't mind, I only need the plate on the b-pillar of the door as far as I can tell.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Got a fuckin flat on my way home. Fuck man.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                    Got a fuckin flat on my way home. Fuck man.
                    Hope you carry your spare!

Thanks everyone for the wishes.. I'm sick with a faucet for a nose and sandpaper for a throat. No getting drunk 'till the weekend. Got me some tea.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                      Thanks everyone for the wishes.. I'm sick with a faucet for a nose and sandpaper for a throat. No getting drunk 'till the weekend. Got me some tea.
                      Btw, if you're interested and your cold is gone by Friday afternoon., Rafael, myself and a couple other peeps will meet at the Cozymel's on Rosecrans (city of El Segundo) at 4pm for happy hour.

Your first beer is on me, if you're up to it. :drink:

Comment

Sup people.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Edwin, if you're still offering free beers i did just have a birthday a month ago :]

Chillizen, happy belated birthday man!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                            Edwin, if you're still offering free beers i did just have a birthday a month ago :]
                            Come through, I'll even do peepee touches.

Comment

Hey ed, um my bday is coming up on dec 9th ill accept an early beer gift or i have a parts list for my car. You can take your pick. :)
                              Originally posted by dvck
                              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I swear Ive worked harder this week than I have in a while... or maybe its just that I really want to be lazy and I cant.. Either way only about 5 days to go!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X