Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody else work an 8 hour shift where the management sends you to your first 10min break literally in the first 30 or so minutes upon arriving to work?
    I think it's so silly. They try and get rid of breaks and lunches so fast in anticipation for a busy day.
    First break within the first hour of working and Lunch within the first 2 hours of working and then working the rest of the day with the last break thrown in there somewhere.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

When I was a bank supervisor, the breaks started at 10am. It sucked for the first person, because it was start at 8:30ish, first break at 10, lunch at 11, then second break around 2, then grind it out until 6. I rotated though so you only got screwed once
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Does anybody else work an 8 hour shift where the management sends you to your first 10min break literally in the first 30 or so minutes upon arriving to work?
        I think it's so silly. They try and get rid of breaks and lunches so fast in anticipation for a busy day.
        First break within the first hour of working and Lunch within the first 2 hours of working and then working the rest of the day with the last break thrown in there somewhere.

Nope. There is no general hard rule as to when you can take it, or be forced to take it. The only rules/laws that apply are how many breaks and rest periods you get depending on how many hours you work.
        Federal law doesnt even pay for breaks, CA does on a state level.

You can argue the fact that you cant anticipate regardless of your scheduling how many you are entitled to and take it according. ie, scheduled for 8hr shift, took 1 15min rest break before completion of 3.5hrs, left early. Or took 30min unpaid lunch break before completion of 5hr period, left early because of ailment.

Been there, know your pain.

Comment

I tried to race a new GT3 on the 10 last night haha He just laughed stayed next to me until I let off, then he gave me a thumbsup and continued on
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

haha sounds like fun, don't go breakin any motor mount arms
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
              depends a 525 e34 should have medium case which means you would only haft to swap flanges and the rear cover, if its an m5 or a 540 those are large cases and won't fit without serious fab work. very few e39s came with LSDs btw so the chance you you finding one with an LSD is pretty low
              But e34 and e39 diffs do not fit in e30's at all. So that's out of the question. Unless you want to swap out the guts which is a pain.

Comment

Hey guys another question. Does anybody know a good place to get bmw parts besides the dealer in the SGV maybe a bit farther if need be. I need a timing chain guide kit for a 2001 m54 330i. Dealer wants $300, Ebay wants $60 :) before i buy it i thought i would ask if anybody knows a place that might have something like this near buy since I really need it ASAP. Thanks

Comment

They're not in the SGV but, you can give BMA Auto Parts in Glendale a call to see if they can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    When I was a bank supervisor, the breaks started at 10am. It sucked for the first person, because it was start at 8:30ish, first break at 10, lunch at 11, then second break around 2, then grind it out until 6. I rotated though so you only got screwed once
                    That's whats lame because occasionally I have to close the bank, which means I start my shift at 10am instead - and they start breaks at 10:30am to get lunches started at 11am. So it blows for the person I'm closing with and myself going to our first 10min break right away. Why even call it a break?
                    Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                    Nope. There is no general hard rule as to when you can take it, or be forced to take it. The only rules/laws that apply are how many breaks and rest periods you get depending on how many hours you work.
                    Federal law doesnt even pay for breaks, CA does on a state level.

You can argue the fact that you cant anticipate regardless of your scheduling how many you are entitled to and take it according. ie, scheduled for 8hr shift, took 1 15min rest break before completion of 3.5hrs, left early. Or took 30min unpaid lunch break before completion of 5hr period, left early because of ailment.

Been there, know your pain.
                    Gah. Okay, well thank you. It's just frustrating.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

That's whats lame because occasionally I have to close the bank, which means I start my shift at 10am instead - and they start breaks at 10:30am to get lunches started at 11am. So it blows for the person I'm closing with and myself going to our first 10min break right away. Why even call it a break?

Gah. Okay, well thank you. It's just frustrating.
                      Just do what I did. You can have no breaks or a million brakes.
                      Right now I'm having a million brakes. It's so fun.
                      world renown Harry Potter expert
                      sigpic

Comment

Isn't it 15min for every 2 hours worked or something?
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

If you're union I think
                          sigpic

Comment

and every union has different stipulations

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                            Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              Isn't it 15min for every 2 hours worked or something?
                              i believe its suppose to be like that. when i was working at home depot it was after your first two hours then get lunch by your fifth hour and then in between your last three hours of work, but then again, at home depot you can take your break whenever you want because nobody keeps track of your breaks unless youre a cashier. which bank do you work at?
                              Originally posted by dvck
                              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rdannyr View Post
                                Hey guys another question. Does anybody know a good place to get bmw parts besides the stealer
                                I get stuff from Pelican Parts, an online store. They do have free next day shipping if you spend enough, and I did get my parts next day. They also do Will Call....but not so convenient if you're in the SFV. They're located down here in Harbor City. Much of their prices are juust reasonable enough.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X