X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so whos going to the van nuys meet tonight
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
      so whos going to the van nuys meet tonight
      These nuts will.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

:yawn: Morning people.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Hey good morning y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by iron-e View Post
            deez nuts will.
            ftfy

Comment

Anyone got recommendations for a place that can service bilstein struts? Preferably in the inland empire area but whatever works
              Last edited by ky0u; 11-14-2015, 02:32 PM.
              Web Designer / Front End Developer
              My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

^They are cheap enough to toss and replace. Service even on my koni yellows costs more than the replace.

Comment

True, I think it's only worth it if you're getting them custom valved
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone have experience with diagnosing abs issues?
                    Light turns on at ignition, then turns off. Light turns on after driving 15ft and stays on. Tested resistance and read around 1k on all 4 corners.
                    Im stuck. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                      Anyone have experience with diagnosing abs issues?
                      Light turns on at ignition, then turns off. Light turns on after driving 15ft and stays on. Tested resistance and read around 1k on all 4 corners.
                      Im stuck. Help!
                      Next step is to test voltage. Is the sensor receiving power, and is the computer reading it?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                        Next step is to test voltage. Is the sensor receiving power, and is the computer reading it?

Umm, I didn't think they receive power. Its similar to temp sensors and such, resistance changes and that is what is read by the module. I may be wrong, I haven't found anything about voltage.

If there were issues with the module/relays or other electronics the light would stay on is what i read.

Comment

One of my sensors was f'd up and I grabbed one from the junkyard. Now my abs works good and I don't lock up the tires when I break hard. Can't believe I waited so long to fix it.

Comment

My light stays on too, so you dont have to replace the whole module just the sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                              My light stays on too, so you dont have to replace the whole module just the sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What i have read.

Originally Posted by jlevie

Troubleshooting the ABS system isn't very difficult. It is a standalone system
                              that only gets input data from the brake light switch, wheel sensors, and
                              system power. The parts of the system are the ABS module located next to the
                              steering column, the ABS relay mounted above the ABS module, the ABS unit in
                              the left front of the engine bay, and a speed sensor at each wheel.

If the ABS light comes on with ignition, but doesn't go out when the engine
                              starts, a wiring problem, bad module, or bad ABS relay are the likely
                              candidates. A failed or weak alternator will also cause this because the
                              system voltage won't rise enough. There is a fusible link inside the ABS relay
                              that can be blown. The relay can be repaired, or better yet, replaced. The
                              relays in the ABS unit can be replaced.

If the ABS light comes on when you turn on the ignition, goes out when the
                              engine starts, and then comes back on before the car is moving the cause could
                              be a bad module, a bad ABS unit, or a wiring fault.

If the light goes out after engine start and only comes on when the car is
                              moving, there's a problem with one (or more) of the sensors. The simple test
                              to find out which sensor(s) is the cause is to disconnect all but one of the
                              sensors and drive the car. If the light comes on, that sensor is sending a
                              speed signal to the ABS and is good. Repeat with each other sensor to find the one(s) that don't cause the light to come on. Since the ABS module has no
                              speed input besides the wheel sensors, if only a bad sensor is connected the
                              module can't tell the car is moving and thus doesn't fault on missing speed
                              signals from the other wheels. Once a bad speed sensor is found, if a new
                              sensor still doesn't work, there could be a wiring fault in that circuit or a
                              bad input channel in the ABS unit.

Comment

Good morning, this is a must read

Comment

Working...
                                X