X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Lol

It should be done by the end of the month.... ...hopefully

Here's a pic of the previous project my pops and I built. We decided to built a cnc plasma, so we can really take advantage of what we can do in house with our brake.

100% servo driven press brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude. This is seriously cool. Filed this info away for potential future needs [emoji14]

Is there a specific reason why you're building this stuff? Like particular projects planned? Or commercial?
    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
    Shadetree30

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
      Dude. This is seriously cool. Filed this info away for potential future needs [emoji14]

Is there a specific reason why you're building this stuff? Like particular projects planned? Or commercial?

Thanks! And absolutely, with the plasma and press we can make some seriously custom stuff ;)

Our company (which is just my dad and I lol) builds custom cnc machines for manufacturing companies, retrofits older cnc machines and converts manual setups to cnc.. So, in our spare time when we don't have big projects taking up space in the shop we build machines that we need, (or just want to have) which doubles as a prototype for machines that we will eventually sell commercially.

We do a bunch of other shit too, but I'd have to write a story to cover all of that haha.

Last edited by MrBurgundy; 02-28-2017, 08:19 PM.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Thanks! And absolutely, with the plasma and press we can make some seriously custom stuff ;)

Our company (which is just my dad and I lol) builds custom cnc machines for manufacturing companies, retrofits older cnc machines and converts manual setups to cnc.. So, in our spare time when we don't have big projects taking up space in the shop we build machines that we need, (or just want to have) which doubles as a prototype for machines that we will eventually sell commercially.

We do a bunch of other shit too, but I'd have to write a story to cover all of that haha.

That is just straight up badassery. You do this full time? Get yourself and the e30 up to the next meet/cruise. I'd love to hear more.
        Shadetree30

Comment

that's seriously cool man

1991 325i
          flickr
          @sambhaskins

Comment

That is just straight up badassery. You do this full time? Get yourself and the e30 up to the next meet/cruise. I'd love to hear more.

Well, my dad was a mechanic before he got into all that, so he kept his German auto shop open, which we run on the side. But yes, we do our whole cnc gig pretty much full time. The auto shop is very very small and mostly word to mouth, so we don't overwhelm ourselves haha. I actually had to convince him to keep it open for business, so he won't get rid of our lift to free up floor space for other things lol

I'll try my best to make it out to the next meet or cruise! I'd be happy to chat about it!

I'll snap some more pics at work of some of the machines tomorrow or just start a thread for all this haha.

5 axis milling machine we built not too long ago.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Personally I'd love it if you started a thread and posted some of this stuff. I'd love to see the assembly process for something like that machine there. I have so many questions. I love machines.
              Shadetree30

Comment

Personally I'd love it if you started a thread and posted some of this stuff. I'd love to see the assembly process for something like that machine there. I have so many questions. I love machines.

I have a new project that's hopefully going to go through this week, it will be a very interesting machine that will be used to simulate earthquake conditions on windows via positive and negative air pressures. I'll start a project thread to document the build from A to Z!

Comment

I have a new project that's hopefully going to go through this week, it will be a very interesting machine that will be used to simulate earthquake conditions on windows via positive and negative air pressures. I'll start a project thread to document the build from A to Z!

Please do. Sounds immensly interesting
                  Shadetree30

Comment

I'm looking for a good address to send some BMW CCA San Diego chapter information. I dug up a pristine volume 14 from San Diego chapter July 1992 that originally came with an M5 i had purchased.

i would like to send it to someone associated with the club firstly...and then any San Diegan secondly.

Any help?
                    Keith

"Die feine Art, schnell zu sein."
                    "I don't have a gambling problem, my gambling pays for my e30 addiction."

Comment

I know street parking can be tight in LA but come on dude

Comment

That's some bullshit right there...

Comment

Probably an example of "Just a shitty old car, they won't mind"

Comment

Is the mini pushing your diving board in?

Comment

Nah, my bumpers were already tucked.

Comment

SoCal General Chat

The beauty of diving boards and eta torque is that you can just punch it in reverse and nothing will happen to the E30, the mini on the other hand...
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X