X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

maybe you should bolt it up

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    I finally investigated a wheel-rubbing sound my car makes when making a U-turn. Turns out, the tire is hitting the sway bar. Wtf?? These are stock 14" wheels/tires, I'm just lowered, not even that much. It's not a big deal because it's only low-speed, momentary contact. Solution: install thin spacers on the front wheels?

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

no. spacers.

Comment

I wanted to see if pulling it down would help. It didn't really.

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

anyone know if you have to go in person to the dmv to re-register my non op e30, its smogged. tried doing it online but the website is being a pain in the ass and keeps saying that they dont have my info for my car.

Comment

I need to replace my CSB
            sigpic

Comment

Too much torque eh??
              Originally posted by dvck
              I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                I need to replace my CSB

I have a feeling mine is on its way out. I’m hoping it will last until I do my 5 speed swap...
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I need to replace my CSB
                  Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I have a feeling mine is on its way out. I’m hoping it will last until I do my 5 speed swap...
                  I have a new oem csb, guibo & all the nuts & bolts for the driveshaft in my FS thread......

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

is there not plastics stops in the rack to prevent this? perhaps they have been taken out.

Comment

CSB install was ok. Getting the exhaust back together was not successful. It also seems like my shift linkage is rubbing on the giubo. Needs to be torn down again and corrected.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

CSB install was ok. Getting the exhaust back together was not successful. It also seems like my shift linkage is rubbing on the giubo. Needs to be torn down again and corrected
                        Got any pics of this?
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          Got any pics of this?
                          The exhaust bolts I have on my setup has the spring to keep the flanges under tension. The bolt/spring combo needs to be redone, I just need to double nut it so I can get a grip on the bolt. One of the nuts were stuck and I couldn't compress the spring enough to catch a thread. And maybe a vice to hold it while I put torque on it.

The linkage is my fault. I have the old shifter carrier with the sloppy rubber thing in the back. Mine is torn so I tried to Mickey mouse it with a bolt but its way too tight and pulling the linkage and carrier down on to the giubo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, makes sense now, I wasn't understanding the shifter part. You sorting it out soon, right?
                            I gotta get a couple of more drives in, before the end of the year with you guys. I know George wants to do a cheap track event, but I still feel like my brakes need more stopping power before I commit to going balls out on the track.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              Ahhh, makes sense now, I wasn't understanding the shifter part. You sorting it out soon, right?
                              I gotta get a couple of more drives in, before the end of the year with you guys. I know George wants to do a cheap track event, but I still feel like my brakes need more stopping power before I commit to going balls out on the track.
                              Trying to get it sorted asap but weekends are pretty busy.
                              That track is a go kart track. They host bike events and a lot of drift events.
                              Trips me out that they're letting him run a vert without a roll bar.

What's wrong with your brakes that makes you lack confidence in them?
                              sigpic

Comment

That track is a go kart track. They host bike events and a lot of drift events.
                                Trips me out that they're letting him run a vert without a roll bar.
                                Would the track you're referring to be Grange, out in Apple Valley?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X