• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    1100hp m20 wat.

What the shit. Time to buy another e30
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Hey guys. Does anyone have an orbital / electric polisher i can borrow for the weekend? will pay $20 for use. LMK thank you (preferrably in the central LA area)

Comment

Harbor freight has a 10" orbital for $19.99
        sigpic

Comment

That means $16 with one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons!
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

90% of my tool collection consists of harbor freight, similarly priced tools from Amazon, and hand-me-downs (some of which are from harbor freight). Harbor Freight FTW, just wish the nearest store was a little closer.

Also don't forget to get something for free each time you go (4-in-1 screwdriver, multimeter, moving blanket, bungee cords, magnetic parts tray, etc)

Comment

awesome appreciate the quick response. getting one now

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty View Post
                .... moving blanket, bungee cords, magnetic parts tray, etc)

+ tape measures. My work goes through those so fast, not because they break, but cuz we get them so dirty and illegible. I love that those can be had for free. Metal fab is intense

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Does anyone local in Los Angeles area repair E30 Cluster's

My odometer goes on and off / Temp guage needs love tap to start / Speedometer works with love tap or sometimes doesnt move at all / Gas meter seems to glitch as well.

Definitely not skilled in soldering and electrical so would love to have someone do this for me.

THank you :D

Comment

the go-to spot is BavRest in NorCal, I think theres a few guys down here that do it too, but Im not sure who they are
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not quite local, but BavRest and e30Dad both rebuild clusters in NorCal if you're willing to send yours out. It's about 300 bucks for them to go through it, but at least its done once with a warranty and you don't have to figure out which odometer gears you need etc.

Last I checked it was 7-14 business day turnaround though.

Comment

Mm yeah I know that feeling. I scrapped together parts and pieces for my cluster over a couple years and recently reflowed the speedometer. Initially I thought, meh I'll save me the dollars and diy it but now in hindsight it would have been worth my time to just pay someone. But then again now I know how it all works.

Regarding the correct odometer gears I thought it was straight forward VDO or motometer? That is not a very difficult install at all and while you're in there you can tighten up the grounds for the gas and temp just to at least have those functioning since their vital for simply driving the car.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tonytones View Post
                          Does anyone local in Los Angeles area repair E30 Cluster's

My odometer goes on and off / Temp guage needs love tap to start / Speedometer works with love tap or sometimes doesnt move at all / Gas meter seems to glitch as well.

Definitely not skilled in soldering and electrical so would love to have someone do this for me.

THank you :D

I can help you. I'm in san pedro.
                          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Funny I spent my early years on gaffey now I live just outside pedro on PV drive. Too bad i've never seen any of your M3's in the area.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                              Pm’d

Thank you!

Comment

So, looks like I'm moving soon and I might not be able to take my car with me. It's still OR registered and I don't want to deal with smog/retitling it before selling. Is it worth it to post it up for sale here or should I save myself the headache and try to leave it with my family in OR to try and sell over the net? Obviously the market is bigger here, but I'm not sure about the legality/liability of selling an out of state registered car in CA.
                                91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

Working...
                                X