• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looky heeah, looky heea......
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Hehe. Hiiiii

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

I had a question for the track day crowd concerning brakes. For the last couple of years I've been autocrossing my e30 on a monthly basis, but wanted try a track day at Streets of Willow or Buttonwillow. Are the stock 4-lug brakes up to the task of a track day with an S52 swap? I would use PFC brake pads and add a ducting kit (essentially copy the Spec e30 recipe), unless the extra power over an m20 would overwhelm the brakes. I definitely need seat time and would be in a first-timer/amateur group, but don't want to go down the BBK or 5-lug rabbit hole before I have to.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts or experiences on the matter. If it's of any help, my car weighs around 2650 lb with nearly a full tank of gas, so around 28xx with me sitting in the car.

Comment

I tracked my M52B28 at Big Willow and Buttonwillow and didnt have an issue with the brakes at either track. Get some fresh fluid in there and have at it. If they cook, you're using them too much lol
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

My buddy use to track his s5x with stock calipers and Hawk pads (track use) and never had a problem braking.

Comment

Sup sup sup

Comment

not much.

I need a Car of the Month lol

Hows yours? Running Driving? Want to be COTM?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

sup

bout to head to yosemite for the weekend. My finally 5 days of my 20s

What's up with you dawg.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    not much.

Bwahahahaa, we'll talk soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Honestly man, is running even a requirement at this point?

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      sup

bout to head to yosemite for the weekend.
                      Because that went so well last time

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Shop recomendations, Someday when I have time I will do a Project thread on here but for now I will get to the point of this writing. Last Summer I picked up a 1991 318 Sedan , I call him Cisco. Its a track day car and I intended to use him for that and AX. Unfortunately after one AX and my first time using him I decided to change the oil and found Silver sludge in the oil and some small metal chips in the filter. I could go here about how pissed I am to pay too much for a supposed refreshed engine ( M50 block, S52 head, 1500 miles since refresh before I bought it). the reality is I love the car and the way it drives and I did not check the oil before I made the purchase. The skid plate blocks the oil pan drain.

I have a oil analysis kit but really what's the point when I know I need the bottom end redone. Here is what I have in mind. S50 or S52 block and rotating assembly with my S52 head and use the stock exhaust and smog equipment to eventually get a BAR sticker. It's Ciscos destiny to be a dual use car.

I am Inland empire.

Comment

Buy s50 or s52, rebuild/reseal it, then install and live HEA.
                          Our resident e30 buddy (Chilezen) up there, has done another frankenstein type 24v build and still isn't enjoying his swap to it's full potential because of hiccups.

Good luck on your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            Buy s50 or s52, rebuild/reseal it, then install and live HEA.
                            Our resident e30 buddy (Chilezen) up there, has done another frankenstein type 24v build and still isn't enjoying his swap to it's full potential because of hiccups.

Good luck on your choice.
                            It's running and driving and I do enjoy it. It has either a bad head gasket or a warped head. It's not problematic because it's a Frankenstein motor, it's problematic because of a bad part.

But yeah I am in Riverside/Moreno Valley too

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

It's running and driving and I do enjoy it. It has either a bad head gasket or a warped head. It's not problematic because it's a Frankenstein motor, it's problematic because of a bad part.

But yeah I am in Riverside/Moreno Valley too
                              Hiccups., I always liked the Frankenstein idea, but foreseen issues is why I straid away from that move. I'm sure you'll get to live HEA once you figure it out.

Comment

Neat show coming up in Orange County. Going to take my boys and a handful of Northrop interns....
                                BMW Takes Flight 2022 Event Hub | Lyon Air Museum

Comment

Working...
                                X