Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning, TGIF!!!!! C&C in Irvine tomorrow.

Getting the M3 in shape for SoCal Vintage. Last weekend it was the brakes this weekend it full service , UUC shifter and some odds and ends. Next weekend we are going to install a new windshield. I am a little scared about putting in the windshield but it needs to be done.

Cheers,

Jim
    sigpic

Comment

Good morning e30 people:yawn:
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post

Getting the M3 in shape for SoCal Vintage. Last weekend it was the brakes this weekend it full service , UUC shifter and some odds and ends. Next weekend we are going to install a new windshield. I am a little scared about putting in the windshield but it needs to be done.

Cheers,

Jim
        You going to the CarBQ as well Jim?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Cheers,

Jim
          i should see you there. the gf wants to go in her 190e for the first time and i might as well bring out the inglorious from hiding.

1984 eta
          1964 1600 Roadster

Comment

mo'ninz people

Comment

Cheers,

Jim
              nice!! removing the windshield is easy. however putting the rubber insulation and the locks in are difficult and meticulous. just go buy those tools that i'm sure pep boys or whatnot sell and it'll make the job much easier.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                nice!! removing the windshield is easy. however putting the rubber insulation and the locks in are difficult and meticulous. just go buy those tools that i'm sure pep boys or whatnot sell and it'll make the job much easier.
                Have you done an M3 windshield? It's bonded in, not at all like a regular e30. It can be a DIY job but I wouldn't even risk it. Since the drains and cowl rust are a big issue with M3's, it's a job best left to the professionals. I don't mean any windshield shop but a shop that has done this before. That's one job you want to be sure is done right.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  Have you done an M3 windshield? It's bonded in, not at all like a regular e30. It can be a DIY job but I wouldn't even risk it. Since the drains and cowl rust are a big issue with M3's, it's a job best left to the professionals. I don't mean any windshield shop but a shop that has done this before. That's one job you want to be sure is done right.
                  I agree, Brian and I are removing it, which he as done on a few of the newer cars, and we are having a master tech that does all the windshields at the dealership come by the shop to help us with the install. The dealership is going to loan us all the special tools for the job. I ordered all new parts and the special sealant from BMW. I just hope I don't find any rust. When Dave painted the car he did not remove the windshield so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by turge View Post
                  You going to the CarBQ as well Jim?
                  Unfortunately we will not be able to make it there this year.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

I now have sad face Jim. :(
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Im excited to see a buttload of E30s tomorrow
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        I now have sad face Jim. :(
                        I am sad also my friend. Hopefully we will see you at SoCal Vintage.

Cheers,

Jim
                        sigpic

Comment

You will definitely see me this year
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                            Im excited to see a buttload of E30s tomorrow
                            And some e36s as well. :p

Comment

Originally posted by turge View Post
                              And some e36s as well. :p

I dont think anyone is exited to see e36s lol
                              sigpichttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Monke...58912484208638

Comment

speaking of e36s. Im dealing with this right now.

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Working...
                                X