This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like people have completely lost the ability to drive a car without freaking crashing it. I commute through carbon canyon and almost everyday some jackass has managed to crash. Is it really that hard to navigate a road without losing the ability to drive without crashing? I mean its just a two lane road, how hard can it be?
    The ability of basic driving skills has been lost with the creation of social media and the look at me now syndrome.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

whatup bitchez. Miss some of you guys. Not all because I don't know most of you. But for those of you I do know, I hope you're doing well and continue to elevate your lives.

Be good. Keep e30ing.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Cal Club Solo2 the weekend of Feb 10/11th

Info on www.solo2.com

Practice on Saturday the 10th at AAA Speedway in Fontana, bring a helmet and you can get a ride. There are lots of cars that if you are willing to ask will have you sit in for a lap.

I will have my "87 E30, resurrected NASA GT2 car running a NV M50 on site for the practice. My son will be driving his Formula Junior Kart with the kids if you ever wanted to see how we get them away from their phones.

David

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
          There's an 86 325 manual trans at LKQ in Ontario. It was there last weekend and everything was intact. Might still be there, its still on their website inventory.
          Good call. Got that driveshaft, thanks for the tip.
          sigpic

Comment

No problem man, glad it worked out for you!

Comment

I finally solved my insufficient heater issue, with the advice that my inlet/outlet hoses were switched when I installed it. I wouldn't have guessed that the solenoid value is a check valve; I figured its normal un-powered state would not interfere with flow, seeing as how it's normally open without power. So the direction of flow wouldn't matter. Wrong! How annoying. I now have a working heater, a first during my ownership of this car.

Next up, fix the instrument cluster, the seats, the front bearing, the fuel system, and buy new tires. Yay.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Glad you got it sorted Kevan. I told ya. I had the same thing happen to me.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Totally, thank you! Just took a while to get around to it :)

Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Sup people. A long time friend (40 years now) bought a ticket for me for the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona this weekend. So stoked !
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Thats awesome Terry! Dont forget your earplugs!! Its quite an experience
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have been going to drag racing events since i was about 4 or 5 (1974 / 1975) and have never used ear plugs and stand right down by the fence. :devil: :devil: :devil:
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                          I have been going to drag racing events since i was about 4 or 5 (1974 / 1975) and have never used ear plugs and stand right down by the fence. [emoji317] [emoji317] [emoji317]
                          That explains why you're so deaf [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Need your guys opinion.
                            Ok so I have a 91 325i with a g260 that I just re-sealed and swapped in but my headgasket just went out on my m20 so I'm going 24v. Now here's where I'm undecided. I have a whole e36 323i with a m52b25 and I believe a getrag 5 speed which neither seem ideal. I also have a complete m52b28 that is my first choice to put in. It was pulled from a junk yard and I have no idea if there is anything wrong with it. This didn't matter much to me because it was cheap and it was getting stroked anyways. For the stroke parts I purchased a complete m54b30 long block and planned on using the whole rotating assembly. Unfortunately I just finished the tear down of the m54 and piston #6 was damaged and the rod was bent.
                            My questions are

Can I still use the crank and exhaust cam as it still looks good? And can I buy just 1 good piston/rod set to replace the bad one?

Can I use the the m52b25 and stroke that because it only has about 70k miles and I know it's good. Will it be the same power output with m50 manifold, exhaust, cams, tune. It's basically the same engine I believe just choked up. Or should I use the m52.

Which transmission would be preferred the g260 or the e36 getrag tranny?

Also lastly any recommendations for machine shops in sgv?

I've done a lot of research but there seems to be a lot of different opinions on different forums. Any input helps thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything [emoji28]?

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Unfortunately since I didn't get a reply I did this

Also I vape now.

Comment

Working...
                                X