This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
    Anyone have a bmw mech/shop to recommend me? I have no time lately, always at work, live in Mid-City at Pico & Hauser basically (between Fairfax & La Brea)

That weird gasket -- Throttle Body Coolant gasket -- blew last week. I fab'd my own, replaced it, and car seems fine, except I must have air in my coolant system and can't seem to get it out, car keeps climbing in temperature quickly. I can't really drive more than a few miles stop and go safely. I've been screwing around on my only day off today with that -- Keep bleeding it, to no avail. Could use some help and have no time. Looking for someone close. Anyone use or know about Mezian Motors on La Brea? Thanks-- Joe in Mid-City
    I'm off Cochran/Venice, got a buddy in L.A. I recommend. He doesn't come r3v anymore as he's busy with life & work, but he's my go to guy. I'll give you his number if you want.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post

I'm off Cochran/Venice, got a buddy in L.A. I recommend. He doesn't come r3v anymore as he's busy with life & work, but he's my go to guy. I'll give you his number if you want.
      For sure, PM me, also if you are still interested in the radios, say something anytime. Haven't had time to put an ad up.

To anyone else, looking for a reliable mechanic in the area to do what I don't have time for right now (troubleshoot my cooling system issue; probably my rear struts in the near future.) I left all my big tools back in Chicago while Im out here for work, unfortunately.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Anyone know a body shop that I can get my car appraised at? The shop that was supposed to appraise my car called me to say they "dont have a database" for a car as old as mine lol
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          "dont have a database" for a car as old as mine lol
          Definitely an LOL moment
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            who dis?

Busted by jet jones, on Flickr
            fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
            makes me want to get my v8 drifting even sooner
            We're in deep now boys
            1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
            1988 340iL - Track car
            My M60 V8 swap thread here
            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

the trd plate makes me think he has some sort of toyo engine in there.

Comment

anyone interested in an e23? $200 it's in highland park. unknown when it was last run, still has coolant, oil wasn't milky. good for the m30 at the very least.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

• yamikuro
                  yamikuro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just sent Pm
                  Last edited by yamikuro; 09-15-2019, 10:40 PM.

Originally posted by phillipj View Post

For sure, PM me, also if you are still interested in the radios, say something anytime. Haven't had time to put an ad up.

To anyone else, looking for a reliable mechanic in the area to do what I don't have time for right now (troubleshoot my cooling system issue; probably my rear struts in the near future.) I left all my big tools back in Chicago while Im out here for work, unfortunately.
                I kept creeping towards overheating and the problem wasn't apparent. Everything looked good. Took the smart route and rented a car so I didn't do any damage, and did the least expensive, easiest fix first: Thermostat. So crazy that was the issue. Mine went bad and wasn't opening. Thermostat costs ~$20 and it's about a 25 minute swap, most time spent cleaning the housing up nicely and being careful about catching coolant.

Sunday wrenching FTW.
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Anyone know someone who wraps near Oside for a decent price?I asked on facebook but everyone gave me dead ends.

Comment

#FUCKR3V can help you lol
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

A simple google search wasn't good enough? I wouldn't imagine many e30 owners are the prime clientele for wraps, so no surprise they're no help.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

anyone have a spare rear subframe kicking around?
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          anyone have a spare rear subframe kicking around?
                          My buddy will want to get rid of his spare soon. He needs an extra set of hands help installing the replacement one. Im sure if you helped pitch in the price would be stupid ... especially since part of the diff mount is MIA lol
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

My buddy will want to get rid of his spare soon. He needs an extra set of hands help installing the replacement one. Im sure if you helped pitch in the price would be stupid ... especially since part of the diff mount is MIA lol
                            hook me up. the sooner I get it the sooner I do more crazy chopping and welding and then post photos
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

I have a spare rear subframe! Needs bushings and junk but I replaced it with the garagistic adjustable one. Please get it out of my garage!

Comment

Working...
                              X