• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    Oh snap!
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up
    No problem gents. He installed a used tranny in which he was suppose to put new seals on it, the support brace on the trans unbolted after a couple of days, it started leaking within a couple of months, and they lost half of my front derlin shift carrier bushing. I hit him up to see if he'd put a new seal in since he installed them, said it was the seal that was faulty, that if it had been "workmanship" i would have noticed instantly. Well ok.... He bought the seal and installed it so it's on him. Said he'd do it for another 200$, I declined. So please just be careful. Vincent brick even has a Warning in his signature about him.

Comment

Ive seen the warning from Vincent also in his sig, so the dude clearly needs to be on blast, but when it comes to a crankshaft, not much he can do to be shady. I would offer him his asking price (assuming its not more than $300) after its polished and checked out by a machine shop. Then you know you are getting a good crank and it will be ready to go.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Ive seen the warning from Vincent also in his sig, so the dude clearly needs to be on blast, but when it comes to a crankshaft, not much he can do to be shady. I would offer him his asking price (assuming its not more than $300) after its polished and checked out by a machine shop. Then you know you are getting a good crank and it will be ready to go.
        He's asking 250$ for it. Honestly I don't really know how a crank can be messed up but it was just a heads up.

Comment

Not half bad.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Once I finish work, I'm going to start researching like a mf and get on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Here's what I have on research (doing the same stuff):

M52 crank pros: Pistons will have a normal oil ring setup which will seal up better, $200 ish cheaper initially, maybe 2 lbs lighter. Ireland Engineering sells a sweet Mahle Powerpak piston for it.

S52 crank pros: Extra torque, it's cool. Lowers the rpm range for a bit less stress on your top end components.

In my dyno research I'd say you're not giving up any power if you stick with the M52 crank. Forcedfirebird got 214 whp through a 2.8 with just a 272 cam and ITB's, stock I pistons and rods. I can't think of any 3.1's above the 220-240 whp range (yet), even with nicer pistons bigger cams etc. I think this applies to BMW sixers in general given the high numbers cammed M52B28s (like Simon's) are getting. It's just the torque difference.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
              Here's what I have on research (doing the same stuff):

M52 crank pros: Pistons will have a normal oil ring setup which will seal up better, $200 ish cheaper initially, maybe 2 lbs lighter. Ireland Engineering sells a sweet Mahle Powerpak piston for it.

S52 crank pros: Extra torque, it's cool. Lowers the rpm range for a bit less stress on your top end components.

In my dyno research I'd say you're not giving up any power if you stick with the M52 crank. Forcedfirebird got 214 whp through a 2.8 with just a 272 cam and ITB's, stock I pistons and rods. I can't think of any 3.1's above the 220-240 whp range (yet), even with nicer pistons bigger cams etc. I think this applies to BMW sixers in general given the high numbers cammed M52B28s (like Simon's) are getting. It's just the torque difference.

I'll definitely take a look into an m52 setup. I plan to make this car a super daily and the extra torque will be a lot of fun around town, that's why I've been leaning towards an s52. Hopefully I'll decide on one or the other soon, so I can get started. I've got that itch

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Wtb: a black sunroof panel (preferably )
                Looking for one that is not rusted or dented. Paint doesn't have to shine.pm me with a price and around Pasadena pls.

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
                  Wtb: camber plates!!

Bump

Comment

Buy my shit!

8 standard length wheel bolts: $15

Purchased these new in the last 6 months but ended up spacing out my wheels. Some light chipping from taking them on and off a few times, but otherwise good condition.

16 standard length (21mm head) wheel bolts: $10

These were on my car when I bought it, but I wanted correct 17mm lug bolts.

2x 3mm generic spacers: $10 or trade for a good 6 pack

Universal, non hub centric. Only ran these for a few months.

Fender liners: free

Front fender liners from my early coupe. They're both cut along the wheel well side from when my fenders were rolled, but I was still rubbing so I yanked em. Have some hardware but missing a few nuts.

Early lower valance (2-piece): $50

Baltic Blau lower valance off an 84 325e (the early-early 2-piece version). I do not have the upper part of the valance. Good condition.

Early 1 piece valance: $30

Alpine valance off an 86 325es (the late-early 1-piece version). Originally on my car, but I recently replaced it with a fresher one. As you can see it's pretty banged up, but it could be banged back into shape fairly easily I think. This part is normally completely covered by the ES air dam.

Wanted:

5mm extended lug bolts

Have 8-16 standard size bolts to trade!

Comment

lemme get those fender liners
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone got a tape deck? Dont care for condition. Need it for parts. Thnx!

Comment

Originally posted by unitt01 View Post
                          Got some parts if any OC local is interested..

HVAC Panel - $40
                          Early model battery cover - $10
                          Early model passenger tailight (has small crack but doesn't affect light or let water in) - $15
                          2 Tan sport seats (no headrests/driver seat has ripped left bolster/both in mechanically working conditions) - $125
                          3 1/2 metal 14" basketweave caps - $35
                          Early model diving board fog lights(one is cracked; these are the ones that bolt onto the metal bumper) - $25
                          BBS Wheel Cap Tool - $10
                          ETA Valve cover powder coated wrinkle matte black - $95
                          Window switches - $5 each
                          325i Fuel rail - $10
                          6 325i Fuel Injectors - $25 the set
                          6 Eta fuel injectors - $20 the set
                          Eta spark plug wires working conditions (unknown mileage) - $10

also have various knobs for HVAC panel and other small misc. interior trim pieces..

Willing to trade for parts as well..
                          Looking for:
                          Mtech 1 steering wheel no rips/okay leather
                          e30/e36/z3/stock steering rack in good condition/no leaks
                          Rearview mirror with map mights
                          FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
                          My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Comment

Originally , what car did that rack come out of ?

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

I have a SACHS's clutch set (pressure plate/clutch disc/throw out bearing) i got for doing my s50 swap,well that did happen and i have alot of parts i will be selling. Back to the clutch set new in box part # w0133-1597959 it is actually for a 1991 BMW M5 . Looking to get $380.00 OBO. Hit me up via text. 909-532-9173. Not looking to ship at this time,and if i do decide to ship is at buyers expense. My loss is you gain. Parts geek sells this same kit/same brand for $472.00. I paid $449.00 for this kit. So if you know someone that's doing a S50/S52 swap or has a 91 e34 m5 let them know i have it.
                              Last edited by QUKBMER; 03-10-2017, 01:30 PM.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Well , boys , the build begins soon. Just gets started.

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                                Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                                1967 2002 parts car
                                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Working...
                                X