Official SoCal PARTS For Sale Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
    I prefer to leave the eta cooling system as it tends to bleed easier than the late style.
    I saw something yesterday that cant be unseen. However, it was absolutely beautiful and will guarantee that I will be leaving my cooling system that the car came with, even after I proceed with my plans
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You can run your early model cooling system with a late engine. You just need the early model water pump. There are no provisions to mount the late model expansion tank in the early chassis (doable, but not clean imo). I prefer to leave the eta cooling system as it tends to bleed easier than the late style.

If you’ve already mounted a late water pump and just want to buy all the late model cooling stuff, then oh well. Just throwing an option out there.

It’s a late model engine so it already has the late model pump. My only obstacles are getting the expansion tank. Also since it’s the early model wiring harness does not reach the temp sensor. Also had to change the intake manifold to early style cause the 6 injector plugs had no where to go on the early injection rail. I don’t even know if it’s going to work :/ also I already have late model hoses. If it don’t work I’ll probably just do it that way because I do have all the early model stuff except the new hoses. Click image for larger version

Name:	57447710893__7B18C43D-73D0-4873-950C-88A13F7AD60C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	7201078

Comment

Did you replace the timing belt/water pump already?

You can NOT use the eta wire harness with the late engine. It sounds like the cooling system is the least of your worries.

Comment

You can NOT use the eta wire harness with the late engine. It sounds like the cooling system is the least of your worries.
          His is a 87-IS
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            His is a 87-IS

Ah okay. Still would have been easier to just swap to an early water pump

Comment

Thanks a lot for clearing up the wiring harness question. Yes like he said the water pump is late model it’s all hooked up now except for reservoir. That really shitty about the harness tho. I guess I’m in the market for a late model wiring harness :( like I said I swapped the manifold so the injector wires will match. I’ve had people say it should work but I trust NOT over should. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Ah okay. Still would have been easier to just swap to an early water pump

I may still do that. However I have some really nice Hoses for the late model.

Comment

I saw something yesterday that cant be unseen. However, it was absolutely beautiful and will guarantee that I will be leaving my cooling system that the car came with, even after I proceed with my plans
                  Please, do share.
                  @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    Please, do share.
                    I dont want to give away others secrets. haha
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I dont want to give away others secrets. haha
                      :hitler: FML!

Comment

And don't you there go sharing about a radiator set up made out of a fishbowl.

Comment

My M20, although not tired, just leaky, is coming close to its final days in my car. On the way in is an S52. I bought a long block that needs a rebuild, and after that, I'll be looking for M50/OBD-I stuff. So that's good if you have stuff to sell me!

For now, I'm selling two things.

1998 M3 S52 wiring harness and manifold. $240 I guess

And 12 stock M20 injectors (& the rail & FPR). $30

---

Aside from that, I have an extra M20 head that I planned on rebuilding. I even bought all the gaskets & seals and water pump & belt to complete the job (from Bimmerheads, thanks guys!). I disassembled that head, but now with the change of plans, I'm not sure if I should hold onto it, finish rebuilding it and put it on the M20 when it comes out, or... just sell it off to fund the new build now. I'll ponder, and suggestions welcome.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

anyone have a set of windshield wiper arms?

Comment

Originally posted by Deluxe 247 View Post

You have a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Deluxe 247 View Post
                                yes! after 5 years, the wipers will return haha
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X