Official SoCal PARTS For Sale Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scallywagon View Post
    So this cat for sure stole my Megasquirt out of my Honda while his friend stalled for him when I went to meet him about the harness.

Caught me slippin but, fuck that theif.
    how can that be a good business practice, have you talked to the police?
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
      how can that be a good business practice, have you talked to the police?
      Nah, this is as policey as I care to get, he'll get his and hopefully R3v doesn't give him any more business in the mean time
      ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

How are you sure it was him?
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

For anyone looking to do a 24v swap with the right engine, there's a '97 2.8 Z3 at the Wilmington yard right now. If you've done your research, you know how special that is. I was there today, I considered pulling it, but I was deterred by the condition it's in: the upper radiator hose had exploded so it threw coolant everywhere. There's a chance this means the engine had overheated, but there's only one way to find out. But I did take pics for you!

The other reasons I didn't pull it are cuz I already have one that I'm rebuilding, and I have nowhere to store another one.

If you were interested in other Z3 parts, sorry those are gone. The diff and steering rack were pulled. I removed the radiator to give myself room to pull it, but that's where I stopped. The harness seems to have a few cuts as well, and the ECU is gone. The 5-speed trans is still there though.

If you do go pull that engine, in exchange for this wonderful news I'm sharing with you, I ask that you pull the shifter carrier linkage for me. I have the shift arm, but not the carrier. Message me if you do go!

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I was there yesterday, M54b30 hooked up to 5 speed zf in a 5 series. wish i had time to pull it during the 40% weekend.

Z4 5 speed in primo too
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

How have I not met you yet??
              The Z4's engine is barely in there. I popped off the trans to get the clutch. That engine is just teetering on the subframe... I'm guessing you were there in the morning, before I got there.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                How have I not met you yet??
                The Z4's engine is barely in there. I popped off the trans to get the clutch. That engine is just teetering on the subframe... I'm guessing you were there in the morning, before I got there.
                I was there Saturday afternoon grabbed the E pedal from the Z4 for my m54 swap. Send me a PM lets cruise the E30's while mine still running.
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Anyone have a decently priced e34 oil pan/dipstick/pickup? Struck out this weekend at the yards. Trying to get my swap going.

-NICK

Comment

I have a brand new in box Nissens M42/M44 with built in tank, radiator for sale. Can be used for swaps. $100 picked up.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
                      Anyone have a decently priced e34 oil pan/dipstick/pickup? Struck out this weekend at the yards. Trying to get my swap going.
                      Good luck, most of those are going north of $300 now. Which is why my car isn't on the road again! :(
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        Good luck, most of those are going north of $300 now. Which is why my car isn't on the road again! :(
                        did you bash your oil pan??
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          did you bash your oil pan??
                          That's why my car hasn't attended the meet, in 3 months dude.
                          After the last drive the guys had, going up through tujunga. I managed to get lost and just kept driving around the mountains with my daughter.
                          On the way back literally 4 miles from home, a gnarly dip that even a lifted car would have NOT missed, I lipped the oil pan and barely made it home (watching smoke from underneath the car & watching my oil temp). Got to my parking space, put cardboard and kitty litter wher I park to soak up the oil and the e30 has just been sitting there since.

Prices on oil pans are ridiculous, so I'm just going to save up and maybe buy one those low modified oil pans. I can't handle spending close to $600, every time this happens.

Oil pan, pump - $280 (Average pricing!)
                          Oil, filter, gasket $140 (Buy the good stuff)
                          Install - $100 - $200 (Don't have time to work on the car)
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                            That's why my car hasn't attended the meet, in 3 months dude.
                            After the last drive the guys had, going up through tujunga. I managed to get lost and just kept driving around the mountains with my daughter.
                            On the way back literally 4 miles from home, a gnarly dip that even a lifted car would have NOT missed, I lipped the oil pan and barely made it home (watching smoke from underneath the car & watching my oil temp). Got to my parking space, put cardboard and kitty litter wher I park to soak up the oil and the e30 has just been sitting there since.

Prices on oil pans are ridiculous, so I'm just going to save up and maybe buy one those low modified oil pans. I can't handle spending close to $600, every time this happens.

Oil pan, pump - $280 (Average pricing!)
                            Oil, filter, gasket $140 (Buy the good stuff)
                            Install - $100 - $200 (Don't have time to work on the car)

Yikes that's rough Edwin. I went out east (Monrovia, Fontana, Ontario) to hit yards this weekend and only found one 24v e34, of course with the pan pulled. The e30 hustler in me just isn't ok with paying $300 for an oil pan... crazy.

-NICK

Comment

Try Raymer Auto Parts in Van Nuys, they have one listed for $120
                              Byron
                              Leichtbau

Comment

I have a 220k mile M20 from a 91 auto 325i, all wiring and ecu available in san luis obispo if anyone is interested! New cap & rotor, basic maintenance, just blew 100% clean on smog.

I also have an s50 long block with a blown headgasket if anyone is looking.

in the next couple weeks i will be parting out the 91 as im using it for a shell swap on my 87 s50 swap. Both cars are 2 door. Shoot me a pm, im sure ill forget to check back on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X