Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 has a much bigger bay. Talking to Fred again it sounds like the cats interfere with the passenger footwell, not just the subframe.

I want to see it done, it is just gonna be a royal pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodoni View Post
      Oh my god, you're still around too??! Sweet.

Wow I'm surprised Ryan does that, I'm sure he's not too far from a no smog county. It's not like he's getting rid of the car anytime soon.
      Hah yeah dude I moved on to an 02! He may have quit doing that but I know for the first few years at least he did. I haven't seen that guy in ages either...

-Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        E28 has a much bigger bay. Talking to Fred again it sounds like the cats interfere with the passenger footwell, not just the subframe.

I want to see it done, it is just gonna be a royal pain.
        Push the motor/firewall back to clear subframe...bc racecar.
        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

There's gotta be a way to relocate the cats and still have it be BAR'd, they must be in the factory position?

Comment

I believe there are provisions in the law to move emissions eauipment to fit, as long as they work as intended. I'd work with a BAR station. Make an appointment, and just go ask questions, then you won't make mistakes.
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              There's gotta be a way to relocate the cats and still have it be BAR'd, they must be in the factory position?
              They get REALLY picky. I failed once because the evap canister wasn't where they wanted it. I also know of someone who failed with cats that were chopped from the donor car but welded into a custom midsection. Some techs are more lenient but its a crapshot.

I believe this is the major hurdle in regards to the s54 and moving the cats:

"Catalytic Converter Equipped Vehicles

Headers for use on catalytic converter equipped vehicles require an Executive Order to be legal for street use."

Since the s54 isnt going to have any CARB legal headers, seems like you're SOL...
              Last edited by Uber E30; 04-30-2015, 11:48 AM.
              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
                They get REALLY picky. I failed once because the evap canister wasn't where they wanted it. I also know of someone who failed with cats that were chopped from the donor car but welded into a custom midsection. Some techs are more lenient but its a crapshot.

That's just silly lol.

Comment

smog should only care what comes out the pipe, thing else really matters.
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Hah yeah dude I moved on to an 02! He may have quit doing that but I know for the first few years at least he did. I haven't seen that guy in ages either...

Hey Alex, do you still have the Uber E30? I remember I used to see that thing in Berkeley off Telegraph Ave in High school...

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Bruh.. there are like 2 or 3 BAR'd S54 swapped E30's on the Socal E30 Lifestyle group.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                        smog should only care what comes out the pipe, thing else really matters.
                        I have always thought that too! If the end game is clean air, why do you give a fuck what intake my car has. As long as whats coming out of the end is clean enough by CA standards.

Whats really the worst about CARB is their turbo policy though. They are ok with people swapping in a 8cyl to replace a 4cyl which throws fuel efficiency and emissions out the window. However putting a turbo on a 4 banger to get he desired HP and use less gas while still having clean emissions is a no no?:rippedoff:
                        -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                          Bruh.. there are like 2 or 3 BAR'd S54 swapped E30's on the Socal E30 Lifestyle group.
                          Some techs are more lenient but its a crapshot
                          Take your chances, im sure you can find dozens of horror stories here on this forum alone.
                          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                            Hey Alex, do you still have the Uber E30? I remember I used to see that thing in Berkeley off Telegraph Ave in High school...
                            No I ended up selling that car a while ago to one of Ryan G who eventually sold it to his buddy. I know the car is in good hands but I still miss it. Got pics of your ride? :)
                            -Alex

Comment

etas on CL are ridiculously overpriced lol
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

e30s are overrated

Comment

Working...
                                X