Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, in an interesting turn on events, I ended up with an f30. I saw this car a month or two ago and really liked it. But I didn't "need" a car, and it was missing a few things that would make me want a car I didn't need. Well, the crash happened, I needed a car, so I picked up this f30.

I've been using BimmerCode to make some changes. I'm trying to keep it stock, but also reading about JB4, so we'll se how that turns out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good tint shop?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Which motor is in that one? Shame the N52 didnt get more development and BMW turbocharged everything
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Which motor is in that one? Shame the N52 didnt get more development and BMW turbocharged everything
        2014 Sport Line 335i with a 6mt, so it has the n55b30M0 with the EWG. A tiny single twin-scroll turbo, but the boost comes on at like 2k, so you always have max torque. From what I've read, the engine adjusts parameters (boost & VANOS) to achieve a desired HP and TQ, versus adjusting boost to see that HP and TQ you get.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

A little late but sorry to hear about your e30 man, the f30 looks sweet though. Hope it holds you over well till you can get into another e30. I picked up a 6spd 2013 Mini Cooper s Last year for a commuter and even though it isnt thaaat much newer, driving a bit newer car can be nice.

Does anyone know when the auxiliary fan is supposed to turn on? After a new TB,WP, thermostat etc my car keeps overheating. I've bled the system, and it seems to run great and get up to temp, but once it gets there it will hangout at 1/2 for a bit, then slowly start to creep up and then Ill shut it off at 3/4. Once I get to 3/4 and crack the bleed screw it spray a bubbly/coolant mixture which i believe may be it boiling? While idling above 1/2 mark Increasing the throttle does not help bring it down, I've got no coolant/oil mixing so not a head gasket, all New o2, gaskets, intake and exhaust, all new rubber, rebuilt injectors, new fuel pump and filter. Any suggestions?

Comment

Dumb question, but does a coupe carpet fit in a sedan?

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            A little late but sorry to hear about your e30 man, the f30 looks sweet though.

Does anyone know when the auxiliary fan is supposed to turn on?
            Well, the f30 is fast and fun, but the speed comes on too easy and it just feels too refined, compared to my e30. It's a better car in every way and an awesome daily. It's also got the possibility to be a monster with a few bolt-ons and a tune. I hopped in my 325iA sedan tonight, and that's just a blast, but so different. I'll probably stick with DDing a newer car, but keep something old for fun.

Assuming you're asking about a late m20:
            Sounds like a bleeding issue. The fan should turn on when you hit the AC button. It also has two set points to turn on low and high, which is based on the switch you have on the passenger side of your radiator.
            sigpic

Comment

yes, a coupe carpet will fit a sedan, but the rear piece won't.
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                yes, a coupe carpet will fit a sedan, but the rear piece won't.
                Ahh, makes sense. I guess the white car isn't getting a black interior after all.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Ahh, makes sense. I guess the white car isn't getting a black interior after all.
                  With a little bit of elbow grease and a shampooer with a hose attachment you can get good results by dying your carpet. I used Rit liquid fabric dye on my tan sedan carpet. Came out amazing and does not rub off on your skin or clothing. Ive had it for a little over a year now with daily driving and have no fading issues. Scroll to the bottom of my cars thread to see the results. https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...8i-sedan-greta
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys! It's been awhile. Unfortunately had a minor accident:

I am looking to find an E30 BMW Convertible driver-side fender. Ideally, zinnorot/red color, but open to others. It is a late model, plastic bumper car, 1991 325i.
                    I am located in Santa Cruz, but can meet elsewhere in the Bay Area.
                    Please let me know you have anything or know of someone who does. Thanks!

Also, Is Oliver still around? Does he still do paint?
                    Last edited by CabbE30; 07-19-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Hello Gents; trying to find a late model 'Zender rear apron" if you guys have a lead for me I would appreciate it. Hopefully the person is willing to ship to SoCal.
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Hi guys, I used to live in Norcal up until a couple years ago when I moved to the PNW. The chat in that section is pretty dead so I'm wondering if anyone has some spare parts they may have somewhere in the garage. I'm looing for a late model side marker bulb housing (the white connector portion of it). I have the actual side markers but I just need the housing that the bulb fits into. There's no E30s in the local pick n pull so I thought I'd try here since the Norcal E30 scene was generally more active back when I was still living there. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joonsup View Post
                          ...I thought I'd try here since the Norcal E30 scene was generally more active back when I was still living there. Thanks
                          NorCal chat be like

PMing you though
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

NorCal chat be like

PMing you though
                            Yeah no kidding. Back when I was more active this chat thread used to have a lot of action. I responded to your PM. Just let me know. Much appreciated thanks!

Comment

Whose been crusin through Noe Valley?

I saw an alpine convertible with a blue top, then later in the day saw this 325is.
                              sigpic

Comment

I've seen that car in the Castro, I think. Awesome shape.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X