This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by decay View Post
    so it turns out, Vorshlag's E30-M42 mounts are strong enough that the aluminum mount arm will break before they do.

at least the arm is cheaper to replace :P
    why no skidplate bra
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      why no skidplate bra
      yeah, i should have had Robert @ e30motorwerks install one while he was doing everything else. i probably will when i head down to socal again to have him redo the timing chain and valvetrain.

i'm also at a loss to explain how my oil pan is intact. maybe it's stronger taking a hit from the bottom than the front?
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Steven pm me a pic of those wheels I might be your buyer

Comment

Dropped price to $900 for those interested.

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
            Supposedly the late late 05/06 e46 cars with 6 speed have a quick as hell rack also; Nate you want to swap your 46 rack into your whee30 and tell us about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
            Lol. Yeah it's got the quick "zhp" rack (came with late model 330s as well). The ratio is nice and quick for a BMW but really just like the z3 rack it's nothing to write home about. Both the z3 rack in the e30 and the e46 zhp rack are slow as balls when you compare them to a modern quick steering car like an Evo or a Mazda3. Even with a Z3 rack and a small mt2 wheel, this is one of those upgrades that takes you from "terrible" to "okay".
            Last edited by Wh33lhop; 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

my balls itch
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

do I need to drain oil to replace oil level sender? well just going to put new o-ring on it.
                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                  my balls itch
                  Get rid of those crabs...

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                    do I need to drain oil to replace oil level sender?
                    Yes

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      Lol. Yeah it's got the quick "zhp" rack (came with late model 330s as well). The ratio is nice and quick for a BMW but really just like the z3 rack it's nothing to write home about. Both the z3 rack in the e30 and the e46 zhp rack are slow as balls when you compare them to a modern quick steering car like an Evo or a Mazda3. Even with a Z3 rack and a small mt2 wheel, this is one of those upgrades that takes you from "terrible" to "okay".
                      Ya compared to an actual sports car like an rx7 or s2000 the bmw steering is nothing to really talk about.

36/46/36m/46m/z3/z4 are all close enough I just stopped caring.

OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

kinda.

the z3 is a lot better feeling than the e36m one i had in my mtech2. however the last time i drove that car was 6 months ago. and i've been DDing my eta and driving the m3.
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

where else should i post my rs up? i put em on stance works. If anyone wants to help me out a bit by posting a link to my thread on other forums I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
                            where else should i post my rs up? i put em on stance works. If anyone wants to help me out a bit by posting a link to my thread on other forums I'd greatly appreciate it :)
                            fill and drill. u need real wheels
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Ya compared to an actual sports car like an rx7 or s2000 the bmw steering is nothing to really talk about.

Werd. I was expecting something amazing given all the Z3 rack proponents. But after putting it on it was more like well... it's certainly improved... to normal standards.

It is a nice quick rack though feaux sheaux. Stock E30 rack is laughable.

Comment

Working...
                              X