This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
    there is no car scene in the bay area. No one in this thread actually even owns a car
    Lol if anyone wants to hold my hand while I assemble my m30 I'll be able to get to the meets. First timer.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
      Anyone know where to get a nitrous bottle refilled... hopefully as close to mountain view as possible?
      It seems Pep Boys in San Carlos & Sunnyvale will refill them, otherwise Gotelli Speed Shop in South San Francisco is listed as being able to refill nitrous bottles.

Here's what I used, as there are several locations in the East Bay and San Jose as well:
      https://www.holley.com/nos_refill_locations/

Comment

Yeah I saw that link recently as well. Called PepBoys in Sunnyvale and they had no clue what I was talking about, so it doesn't seem particularly accurate. Just called Gotelli and they apparently have been out of supply for a while, with no idea when they'll have it back in stock... and when they do it's sounding like a $10+ per lb! Yikes!
        Last edited by dadsbmw; 09-11-2017, 01:59 PM.
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

back in an E30

what's up guys. just got a new-to-me E30. 1988 325 super eta

I've owned a 91 325i and a 87 325is in the past.

sold the 325is to a member here, and waited a couple years before I found another E30 I wanted.

Here are some pics!
          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like ACSchnitzel.
          JP
          WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
          88 325 super eta
          00 528i/5 (daily)
          02 530iA sport

Former
          04 525iA sport
          87 325is
          91 325i
          97 528i

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
            Yeah I saw that link recently as well. Called PepBoys in Sunnyvale and they had no clue what I was talking about, so it doesn't seem particularly accurate. Just called Gotelli and they apparently have been out of supply for a while, with no idea when they'll have it back in stock... and when they do it's sounding like a $10+ per lb! Yikes!
            Give Morgan's in Walnut Creek a call.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Anyone happen to have an extra M42 oil pan hanging around?

I'll gladly take it off of your hands ASAP.
              1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
              2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
              2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
              2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
              1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
              1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

upper or lower? i've got a lower one + the sump, somewhere. has some jb weld on it, but seems to hold ok.
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                  upper or lower? i've got a lower one + the sump, somewhere. has some jb weld on it, but seems to hold ok.
                  Lower. I may be able to JB weld mine... didn't even think of that. It rolled into a parking barricade after I didn't pull the ebrake enough. Oops. Lesson learned. Park in gear.
                  2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                  2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Went through all of my parts, turns out I have an extra oil pan without any cracks. However, it looks like the soonest I can get a gasket is Monday - anyone happen to have one?
                    2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                    2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

I do happen to have a lower oil pan gasket for an M42. Shoot me a text- 925-899-4678

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
                        what's up guys. just got a new-to-me E30. 1988 325 super eta

I've owned a 91 325i and a 87 325is in the past.

sold the 325is to a member here, and waited a couple years before I found another E30 I wanted.

Here are some pics!
                        http://imgur.com/a/AQmNi
                        I have a manual eta trans if you want it cheap, have a ped box, trans brace and a few other odds and ends.
                        i have several "I" intakes as well
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

So, this has been a rough week for me, not only did I crack my oil pan on my E30, I think my 1 year old water pump in my 135i is dead, as well as the battery - this leaves me without a car, as I'm having some issues with the E30 on replacing the oil pan.

The PO installed a E36 rack, which positions a piece over the last bolt on the valve cover. I can't get to the top nuts on the steering rack bolt to loosen it to move it. I must be doing something wrong, but I'm having no luck in removing my oil pan.

Anyone interested in making a few bucks to assist in Albany?
                          2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                          2011 BMW X5M [Daily]

Comment

Look at this... It's almost as if there is one for each of my twin boys...

New car is an '87 325ES with manual transmission.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody want a free m20 325i clutch kit and/or m42 fuel pump? They're just taking up space in the garage. Clutch kit was used for 3,000 miles, then I pulled the engine in the car. The fuel pump was functioning fine, but I replaced it to troubleshoot another issue. Maybe someone else has use for these things.

Comment

Ugh, If I was remotely close Id grab that clutch kit. My brother used to live in San Mateo too, but he's down here in SoCal now too...

I could use it as I collect my 5speed swap parts. Can I pay you to ship it?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X