X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that too, yeah
    cars beep boop

Comment

There was a really funny video of Jason Camissa on his brand new Alfa Guilia test. He got stuck in his driveway because of the Torsen diff
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone happen to have a driver's side US ellipsoid laying around? Or even just the low beam housing?

Mine broke when it fell off my car and I don't know how long the epoxy I used on it will last.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

machine shop needed

Anyone know of a machine shop that could shave or lighten a flywheel? Need the m20 flywheel clearanced to avoid the m50 oil pan. How much does this usually cost? Peninsula or Southbay preferred.

Comment

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
            Anyone know of a machine shop that could shave or lighten a flywheel? Need the m20 flywheel clearanced to avoid the m50 oil pan. How much does this usually cost? Peninsula or Southbay preferred.
            Cardelli Motorsport in San Mateo. He's done several m20 flywheels for friends and myself. About $120 bucks and pretty quick turnaround (a day or so if he doesn't have too much going on). He's a one man show, but pretty good about returning calls.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
              Cardelli Motorsport in San Mateo. He's done several m20 flywheels for friends and myself. About $120 bucks and pretty quick turnaround (a day or so if he doesn't have too much going on). He's a one man show, but pretty good about returning calls.
              Thanks, I'll give him a call.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, Does anyone know of a smog shop on the peninsula, that will smog a bar'd car?
                My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Any smog shop should do it. That's the point of BARing a swap right
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Any smog shop should do it. That's the point of BARing a swap right

Lol that's what I thought too but I got turned away from 3 shops today and the normal guy we go to made me wait for two hours and kept putting other cars in front of me so I really don't want to go back...
                    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                      Lol that's what I thought too but I got turned away from 3 shops today and the normal guy we go to made me wait for two hours and kept putting other cars in front of me so I really don't want to go back...
                      That's infuriating! I can't believe people are turning you away, that's ridiculous. Just another reason the whole "BAR" thing is stupid- we should just be able to hook up to the sniffer and if it passes it passes.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                        Might want to take a phone book and start calling down the list saying, I have a SMOG legal swap and see who bites. You could also go back to the Ref and do it, and I think its cheaper that way too...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I had a hell of a time finding a shop to smog the BAR'd S54 for the same reason. The vast majority of the smog shops had no idea what to do and no interest in finding out.

One shop offered to smog it for cash but since the whole point of doing the certification was to not do hot smog, I didn't go for that. I ended up finding an awesome shop who did it fully by the book and contacted BAR to research how to properly test the car.
                          Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 06-30-2017, 11:08 AM.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

yeah that shop rules
                            cars beep boop

Comment

What's the best spot to watch fireworks in the east bay on the 4th? Or is it really worth it to deal with getting into the city?

Side note, still can't get my m30 e30 to run clean enough to pass smog. I'm starting to get really pissed at it. I might have to weld in a new cat after all...
                              sigpic
                              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                                What's the best spot to watch fireworks in the east bay on the 4th? Or is it really worth it to deal with getting into the city?
                                emeryville peninsula.

take your lady to have a couple of mai tais at trader vic's, and then walk out to the park at the end for a panoramic view.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X