Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about ls1 swaps or have done them in the past? I’m doing one right now and have some questions on the steering rack/column setup, can someone tell me the difference (with pics) of the e30 airbag steering column, and the non-airbag steering column?

Comment

Search through my build thread. I have photos of them side by side.

EDIT: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...3&postcount=92
      Last edited by jpod999; 02-18-2019, 09:26 AM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

ca you run e36 springs on an e30 rear end?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Anyone know a bodyshop in the bay that has experience with e30's? Need my bumper and valance fixed.

Comment

Anyone have a extra 325e getrag trans laying around?

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                Yo golde30, how old is that photo in your sig? 2009ish?
                yeah around then.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                  yeah around then.

We’ve been in this shit too long lol

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Believe it sold - nevermind.

Had a ton of trouble trying to get my CABs off with a three jaw puller a few days ago, any tips? Wish I had one of those fancy BMW control arm bushing pullers.
                    Last edited by mbonanni; 02-20-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a pair of front inner fender liners? Lazy, inconsiderate dude who “rolled” my fenders in the Fremont area cut them up without my consent. I shouldn’t have ended up paying him and stopped him, but I was multitasking and working off my laptop while waiting for him (dumb move on my behalf).

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                        Had a ton of trouble trying to get my CABs off with a three jaw puller a few days ago, any tips? Wish I had one of those fancy BMW control arm bushing pullers.
                        For solid bushings I lube up the shaft with sil-glyde, then use a pipe/pliers to rotate the bushing until i can eventually slide it off. It sucks. For the semi-soid bushings, I cut the supports, remove the lolipop, then hack off the inner part stuck on the CA. It always sucks.
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

That sounds horrible. Might just bite the bullet on this, the three jaw puller is a bit too much effort for me and I don’t want to cut my bushings up, they have low miles and I plan to reuse them.

Got something new in the works as well. I’m sure I’m overpaying a bit but seems like thats the trend nowadays anyways. [emoji83]

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                            That sounds horrible. Might just bite the bullet on this, the three jaw puller is a bit too much effort for me and I don’t want to cut my bushings up, they have low miles and I plan to reuse them.
                            Damn, that thing is expensive! (and looks like a PITA to use) 3-jaw pullers should work fine, just make sure to use a punch on the end of the control arm to keep the puller aligned. For installation, lube up the bushing and spindle with Sil-Glyde and push on by hand.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Anyone have a pair of front inner fender liners? Lazy, inconsiderate dude who “rolled” my fenders in the Fremont area cut them up without my consent. I shouldn’t have ended up paying him and stopped him, but I was multitasking and working off my laptop while waiting for him (dumb move on my behalf).
                              I have a pair. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                                For solid bushings I lube up the shaft with sil-glyde, then use a pipe/pliers to rotate the bushing until i can eventually slide it off. It sucks. For the semi-soid bushings, I cut the supports, remove the lolipop, then hack off the inner part stuck on the CA. It always sucks.
                                just use one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Shankly-Capac...omotive&sr=1-5

it has tons of other uses as well. I use mine for getting inner bearing races off E30 rear hubs, driveshaft CSBs, and a variety of random stuff.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X