10:5 CR and CA pump gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10:5 CR and CA pump gas?

anyone running high cr on pump gas here in california and not having any problems with pinging or detonation or should i get a thick ass gasket and try to bring it down a little?

Depends on the engine and engine management. A stock E36 with an M52B28 runs at 10.5:1 on 91 gas.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

There is a pretty elevated brain trust operating here - please provide more info and I bet you will get some better feedback. What are you running? Engine type, fuel management, chip, induction, cam, and etc.

Comment

Honestly this would be better asked in the engine subforum, not the CA subforum. "California gas" isn't the issue here.

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

m52b28 crank 130mm rods 10:4 OEM bmw pistons with the I style quench zones

Comment

Yeah, this is an "m20" question, not a "California" question. Putting it in the correct location would get ForcedFirebird or Digger to give you an answer (or tell you to search).

M20 section: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...drivetrain/m20
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

The 2.1L M42 that Metric Mechanic built me has static compression of 11.5:1. I run it on 91 octane pump gas and have had zero pinging after years of revving it up to 7500RPM. This was the case both with a bone stock M42 tune, and a very much optimized custom tune from Sssquid. The compression ratio and gas are probably secondary factors after your ignition timing and fuel trims.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Forced Fire bird is the one building my engine

Comment

Working...
                X