No announcement yet.

2021 E30 Picnic - we're back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be driving up on thursday from Ashland OR if anyone wants to caravan.
    1989 325iX
    SF, CA

Comment

It's going to have to be 2022 for me. See you next year.

Comment

sweet!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	10022457

Comment

I'll be there!
          My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Made the event - travelled from Charlotte, NC. Great to see all the E30's and meet some new folks. Maybe I'll see some of you later this year at The Vintage!!
            Nitin G. Shanbhag
            BMWCCA #101510
            76 2002, 88 M3 Racecar, 88 M3 2.5, 95 M3 Slicktop, 96 E36 Trackbeater , 97 M3/4 Slicktop

Comment

it was... hot! Really great turnout considering everything, and normally we'd get a bunch of Canadians too, but the border is still closed... I'd say it was a success overall!

It was fun to reconnect with some people, even if it was really too hot to really mingle and meet others. I wish I could have talked to more people milling about, but damn, I'm not built for this... I'm basically a polar bear. :p

I actually had hoped to bring my kids, but they were going to be in Oregon, and it was way to hot to bring them anyway. Hopefully next year, I can make that happen, and maybe we won't have a historic heat wave happen the same day.

BTW, E30 people are awesome. Apparently there was a cars and coffee meet scheduled for the same site, which is why we ended up in the other grass field. Well, all those people bailed - a lot of them ended up coming to check out all the awesome E30s instead.

I didn't really take many pictures, but there were some younger guys with nice equipment, hopefully they'll share some of their hard work.

Thanks to the people who made this event happen! I think this year was probably one of the hardest, not only because of the weather, but because we're still bouncing back from Covid (and missing our Canadian friends).

The drive back up from Tacoma to Bellingham was brutal - not just the heat, actually that was ok, but I could not keep my pasty white skin out of the sun for anything. it felt like being blasted by x-rays for 150 grueling minutes; even my fingers felt like they were burning in the sunlight ! And true to BMW form, I tried not to use my turn signal because it was too hot to touch, lol.

I'm glad people drove up from other states, trust us, the PNW is usually a lot more comfortable in late June than this. hope to see you again!
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Totally agree nando -- the heat was oppressive but the turnout was great. I felt like most people (myself included) had to quickly see the cars and then leave. The conditions didn't really allow for any type of long social engagements.

I know I took a ton of pics -- my phone even overheated and I had to put it in my cooler for 20 mins to take pics again. Going to take pics again when I can. I will certainly be back next year, it was a great event. Thanks to the organizers, vendors, and the awesome BBQ food truck. Looking forward to a nice 70 degree overcast day next year.
                My 1991 318is Progression Thread

Comment

Waiting patiently for photos...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mike36 View Post
                    waiting impatiently for photos...
                    where are the damn photos!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Best place to find photos is to jump on Instagram and search for the hashtag #e30picnic or #e30picnic2021.

Sad I didnt get to meet nando!

Comment

No one wants to go to a forum and look for Instagram photos!

post em up!

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                          Best place to find photos is to jump on Instagram and search for the hashtag #e30picnic or #e30picnic2021.

Sad I didnt get to meet nando!
                          you were there? Damn! I did meet several people but it was just so stupidly hot, I just hid under my tent lol. Looking back at the few pics that have been posted (mostly on Facebook, lame), I think I missed out on a lot of cars too because we were trying to stay out of the sun.

My E30 made it home without issues, although it didn’t want to idle as the intake got pretty heat soaked above 110f ambient lol. Not bad considering I haven’t touched this tune in almost 10 years, and probably have never driven it on a day hotter than 90.

Having the pics all behind the Facebook/Instagram walled garden sucks, but at the same time I get it.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                          X