This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure sex Eric.

Spent the entire day end put back together today. What a fucking pain in the ass. I looked like a coal miner from shit falling on my face. New muffler doughnut hangers were fucking ridiculous. FPITA! WTF!

DO YOU NEED BUMP STOPS ON THE REAR SHOCKS FOR BILSTIENS SPORTS? I have new ones, but I didn't install them. Item number 4 on this diagram:

Spent the evening removing my old steering rack. It exploded all over the place. I looked like I moved from the coal mine to the tar pit. Going to try to rally tomorrow and get new low pressure lines from NAPA (bad idea?), install the Z3 rack, mount the CAB's and CA's before I have to leave for work at 1:00pm!
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

balls, alex! That is alot of work!

So those technically aren't bump stops. they are rubber washers that hold the dust boot. Billy sports have internal bump stops.

Comment

Cool, that's what I thought...
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Roland, thought of you when I came across this...
          I know the RS's may not be your flavor however.

- Erik

Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

Meh, The RSes wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd keep them if someone gave me the car or sold it to me for cheap.

Comment

That 02 is yummy!

If I wanted to play around with auto cad, what program would you guys recommend I download? I'm a total noob at it, so it must be moderately user friendly!
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

google sketch is supposed to be good

Comment

AutoCAD sucks, unless you want to design 2D stuff, like subdivisions. What are you wanting AutoCAD for though?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    What are you wanting AutoCAD for though?
                    Agreed; Eric what are you wanting to do?
                    I use both AutoCAD 2011 and Solidworks 2011 actively.

- Erik
                    Pattern Draft Imaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."

Comment

build the uprights for my rear wing.

I talked to a machine shop today who said if I brought him a .dxf file, he'd cut them out pretty cheap, otherwise he said bring a template and he'd scan it, but that obviously would cost more.

I made a really rough template out of foam board yesterday, but I figure with a weekend playing in a cad program I could make somthing pretty nice.

My idea is to have the skeleton look something like this set of uprights:

with a general design (kinked forward) of this wing:

The difference between the two of these wings, is that I plan on having the uprights go through the flat license plate panel and bolt to the trunk floor.
                      Last edited by Eric; 04-22-2011, 09:16 PM.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I find autodesk Inventor the easiest among the powerful ones. Solidworks is good too.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

solidworks

Comment

AutoCAD will work if the uprights are purely 2D. If it is just a profile, then AutoCAD is the simpler way to go.

Comment

I wouldn't call autocad simpler for even 2D. I work with Autocad and inventor everyday at work and did solidworks for 5 years in college. Still prefer inventor for 2d and 3d.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                                I wouldn't call autocad simpler for even 2D. I work with Autocad and inventor everyday at work and did solidworks for 5 years in college. Still prefer inventor for 2d and 3d.
                                Yeah, I have no experience w/ Inventor, only w/ AutoCAD and SolidWorks, so that's the only comparison I can give. I also have AutoCAD 2005 for free if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X