This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chevy2g3 View Post
    Id thought i should finally psot something since Im always on here learning from everyone. I'm jovan and I'm new (member for a couple months) to this site and e30's. Right nowim currently working on my '86 325ix. I plan on pulling the engine tomorrow. I'm interested in meeting people in the Colorado e30 community.
    Welcome! Post some pictures and come to some events, we tend to have weekly get togethers. Where in CO are you?

Originally posted by conway View Post
    It's my 21st birthday Thursday, getting an early start weds night, join me at the bars in boulder, drinks are on me for you bimmer geeks.
    -Greg
    Congrats!
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      '86 325ix? That can't be right. Didn't the euro-market get the ix in '87, and then the US in '88? If you have a euro-market ix that is super cool!
      The euro models started in '86. It is pretty cool cause the gauges are in german:p; but I can't read them:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
        Welcome! Post some pictures and come to some events, we tend to have weekly get togethers. Where in CO are you?
        I live in fountain

Comment

The euro models started in '86. It is pretty cool cause the gauges are in german:p; but I can't read them:-(
          Euros were actually '85.

Comment

I live in fountain
            Welcome, so does it have euro bumpers on it? Wanna trade for a 87' 325is?

Comment

Actually it came with metal, non diving board bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                Euros were actually '85.
                Oh ok. I'm learning these things as I go.

Comment

Btw has anyone pulled an engine on an ix before? The bentley manual doesn't talk about the ix. I've done all the prep as far as pulling an i engine is concerned. Im just wondering if I might be missing anything ix specific.

Comment

Btw has anyone pulled an engine on an ix before? The bentley manual doesn't talk about the ix. I've done all the prep as far as pulling an i engine is concerned. Im just wondering if I might be missing anything ix specific.
                    disconnect front driveshaft and tcase and you'll be set.

Comment

That's really cool, I love euro bumpers.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

hey, another ix, welcome. Your ix doesn't happen to have the 3.64 differentials does it?
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Can anyone recommend another rwd car that is going to be good on the track for a reasonable price? Preferably something Japanese, I have wanted something from over there for a long time, I just don't know much about how they drive. I know they have tons of aftermarket support.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                            Can anyone recommend another rwd car that is going to be good on the track for a reasonable price? Preferably something Japanese, I have wanted something from over there for a long time, I just don't know much about how they drive. I know they have tons of aftermarket support.
                            AE86 Corolla?

I hear they weigh like 2200 lbs and make 130 hp, and can be lightened to like 1500 lbs very easily, which gives you a great hp/lb ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                              hey, another ix, welcome. Your ix doesn't happen to have the 3.64 differentials does it?
                              Honestly I'm not sure. I'm still learning these things

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                                disconnect front driveshaft and tcase and you'll be set.
                                Thanks;)

Comment

Working...
                                X