Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds good, i am pretty sure there is a pretty significant asking price difference in Chris's S52 and your (david's) S

Comment

I don't really want an E46 M3, too big and heavy.

I don't really want an E30 M3, I don't like the E30 interior. (save your flames, I don't care what you think.)

Not sure I want another E36. It would be easy, but it's hard to find a clean one.

If it's totalled, all the parts will be going onto another car, or I'll just half-ass fix mine and order some other spiffy parts. Sorry David.
      Chris
      97 M3
      01 325
      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post

I don't really want an E30 M3, I don't like the E30 interior. (save your flames, I don't care what you think.)

Not sure I want another E36. It would be easy, but it's hard to find a clean one.

If it's totalled, all the parts will be going onto another car, or I'll just half-ass fix mine and order some other spiffy parts. Sorry David.
        No worries. Good luck! I would just fix yours anyway, you know all of its issues and what condition it is in. If they do total it, buy it back, pay SVE to get it decent, and pocket some money. Nice ninja bbk edit btw..... do want!

If you don't want an E30 or E46, and unsure on an E36, what car are you thinking then? New subaru coupe?
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I might just steal Roland's car (he wouldn't miss it) and put all my parts in it. That would be a nice car.
          Chris
          97 M3
          01 325
          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

I might just steal Roland's car (he wouldn't miss it) and put all my parts in it. That would be a nice car.
            This must be done, he has an m5 now and doesn't drive the e36 anyway.

Roland?
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

I know you know ALOT more about this than I do, that's for sure, is the base model E46 alot lighter than the E46 M3?

Also, as far as serious thoughts and opinions, I would just look for a '92 E36 325is and start swapping stuff over. I hear they are decently light.

Comment

Well....You can still swap my Ti mirrors on your M3 if you do a parts/car swap, lol. Offer still stands.

I don't like the E30 interior either, boring and uncomfortable.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  I know you know ALOT more about this than I do, that's for sure, is the base model E46 alot lighter than the E46 M3?

Also, as far as serious thoughts and opinions, I would just look for a '92 E36 325is and start swapping stuff over. I hear they are decently light.
                  92 works, but has ugly side skirts and bumpers. 96+ 328is doesn't, nor does the 94 M-Technic 325....I'd hunt for one of those personally.

The weight difference is in parts, not in shell-- swapping parts eliminates the weight savings.
                  2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                  98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Oh yea, fiat 500 cabrio starts at 19,500. I am betting the Abarth starts below 25k.

Comment

Chris, I would suggest an E28 with your S52 drivetrain (which would be ridiculously badass), but I know you don't like the older BMWs

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                        Oh yea, fiat 500 cabrio starts at 19,500. I am betting the Abarth starts below 25k.
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Chris, I would suggest an E28 with your S52 drivetrain (which would be ridiculously badass), but I know you don't like the older BMWs

what would be the point? It wouldn't be able to put the power down and would require a ridiculous amount of custom fab for a car with the sportiness and rigidity of a wet noodle in mud.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post

oh stop. you know you like E28s. Don't deny it.

Comment

oh stop. you know you like E28s. Don't deny it.
                              I like cruising in them, yes, but I'm not oblivious to the fact that there are thousands of better, sportier, more reliable, and better looking cars.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Stancebro ruined E28s for me. That's all I think of now.

Comment

Working...
                                X