This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    My buddy Jonny has been there with positive feedback. He has the red E30ix that had AYHSMB painted on the hood for a while.
    Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
    Both of the owners are really good guys. Mark Mauro Jr. and Nic Godebu - I've worked with and raced with both of them a lot in the past. I would trust them with any VW/Audi problem and most any other car as well.

Edit: Planning to make it to the Euro GTG in Oct. Hopefully with a few extra throttle bodies.
    Thanks guys. They are within walking distance from me at work, which is just too convenient for giving the R more power.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Anybody want a mann W719/15 oil filter? Fits M20 motors.
      Sure, I'll take it. But you'll probably run across someone else from here sooner.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Want me to bring it to the meet in golden on the 6th?
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Let me see if I have the 6th off first. I won't know until the 24th.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I can relay it, as I will likely be in attendance on the 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
              Both of the owners are really good guys. Mark Mauro Jr. and Nic Godebu - I've worked with and raced with both of them a lot in the past. I would trust them with any VW/Audi problem and most any other car as well.

Edit: Planning to make it to the Euro GTG in Oct. Hopefully with a few extra throttle bodies.
              Chris, I've been watching your TT lap of Pueblo for the past week or so. Beyond the corner configurations, are there any funny bumps or track irregularities that you don't see from the vid but do feel? I'll be driving it for the fist time this saturday in the E28.

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
              I can relay it, as I will likely be in attendance on the 6th.
              Sounds good, are you going to bring the E30 M3?

Comment

Sounds good, are you going to bring the E30 M3?
                If I can get my isht together in the next two weeks, maybe. Most likely will be in a Mini though.

Comment

If I can get my isht together in the next two weeks, maybe. Most likely will be in a Mini though.
                  :dot:

Comment

Mini huh???.....
                    sigpic
                    HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                    " enjoy the show "

Comment

It's complicated.

Comment

Chris, I've been watching your TT lap of Pueblo for the past week or so. Beyond the corner configurations, are there any funny bumps or track irregularities that you don't see from the vid but do feel? I'll be driving it for the fist time this saturday in the E28.
                        T10 (coming on to the dragstrip) is treacherous. If you're on line (I was) you drive right through the bleach box/burnout box. If it rains, you cannot go too slow through there. If it's dry, it's still unnerving.

T1 at the end of the dragstrip is awesome, so much fun. The apex is literally at the exit. T2 you turn into earlier than it feels natural to do, but make sure you get right down in next to (but not on) the curbing. Tons of camber at the apex. T3 and T4 are pretty straightforward. T5 transitions to uphill while bending right. Hit the curbing, then the compression will load the car up and 'catch.' Kinda like T10 at HPR. T6a-b is a constant, smooth arc and you should be able to just lift on entry then add gas as you go through it. At the exit of 6b you want to end up right on the left edge of the track as you hit the 'dip.' Then you brake hard as you come up across to track right before turning into T7. 7 is much bigger than it looks, so don't overslow or cut off the exit. T8 has some character. If you're going really fast through there you'll be turning in early and 'floating' once you're past the apex. It will feel like you're going to run out of track, but you never quite do. T9 - use all the curbing. Easy to turn in too early here - you will drive off the track if you do. It's more than 90 degrees so it feels slow/painful.

I'll upload a video that has more than 1 lap so you can see a little more of the track.
                        Chris
                        97 M3
                        01 325
                        Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

That seems like a really, really bad idea to have the burnout box on part of the road course.

Comment

It is the cause of every totalled car I have ever seen at that track.

That being said, if you respect it, you'll be fine.
                            Chris
                            97 M3
                            01 325
                            Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Good stuff Chris, thanks!

Do you think turn 10 is better or worse after the re-pave?

Edit: anybody want to go halvsies on this 6er? I want the trans, don't care about the rest. I have a truck to haul it up here.

Edit II: Link... http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/3277607311.html
                              Last edited by Eric; 09-20-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Edit: anybody want to go halvsies on this 6er? I want the trans, don't care about the rest. I have a truck to haul it up here.
                                What 6er? You after the G265? Looking for a backup for your G280?

Comment

Working...
                                X