Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered some crankshafts new from BMW today... Could have bought a very nice E30 for that kind of money

Comment

Nice. I installed some strut braces (Ireland Engineering front and rear) on the M and drove it around a little tonight just to keep the battery topped off and the fluids circulating through it... It amazes me every time I drive it just how good it feels to drive!

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
        Ordered some crankshafts new from BMW today... Could have bought a very nice E30 for that kind of money
        holy balls dude. I can't even imagine how much BMW charges for a brand new BMW crank...

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
          holy balls dude. I can't even imagine how much BMW charges for a brand new BMW crank...
          They're honestly not that bad, but when you buy more than just one, it starts to get expensive. :firehop:

+/- $700 for an M20 crank. Typically it's just cheaper to buy an entire refurbed bottom end from BMW.

Comment

Tee hee hee

no, it's not broken.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Not broken until they begin to separate from the hub, that's when you start to lose some performance...

Using a Nokia mobile phone camera, I took this short video of a Metroprop propellor, and because of the scanning of the camera it looks odd.

Comment

One of the worst type of failures you can have. When I flew the emb-120, we were haunted by prop control / separation accidents. Prop overspeed was one of the hardest emergencies to overcome in the sim.

One of the pax wrote a book about it, but I decided not read it until after I stopped flying the airplane.
                JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Man that's horrific. :(

Comment

Holy fuckin' shit...

Poor M5...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

anyone know where I can get some E28 axles? I need a set!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                        anyone know where I can get some E28 axles? I need a set!
                        Autozone or Napa? They have a warranty of some sort.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          Autozone or Napa? They have a warranty of some sort.
                          Yeah, but if you value your time at all, it's better just to buy new from BMW...

Sam, try IPW in Denver... their stuff is typically of higher quality than vatozone.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of junkyards, used, private party, etc, as in: anyone know anyone who is parting out an E28? There ain't crap on CL...

Comment

how much for that e30s52 exhaust? Can I rent it? lol

Comment

Can you add cats to your current exhaust? What is your setup now?
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X