This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    don't you have to have AWD to even enter?
    Yes.

Comment

I was up there last weekend. Bare rubber class seems cool except for the obvious dangers of large rutts and holes from the studded class the day before. I would like to see what I could do with some studs in the ix.
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Where do you guys go for your hazmat disposal? I've got 5 gal of brake fluid, 10 gal of coolant, plus another 6 gal of oil that needs proper disposal?
        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Some auto parts stores will take coolant and brake fluid, all should take oil.

Comment

Went there today. That place is rad. They took all my stuff (gallons) for free. They also have shelves of barely used household materials that you can have for free. Simple green, paint, acetone, brake parts cleaner, etc...

There is also an amphitheater on the premisses!
            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
              Went there today. That place is rad. They took all my stuff (gallons) for free. They also have shelves of barely used household materials that you can have for free. Simple green, paint, acetone, brake parts cleaner, etc...

There is also an amphitheater on the premisses!
              Right on dude, I've been there once. One of the few benefits of living in/near Boulder I guess!

Comment

Got a meeting in LA this week...thinking I might look at this? http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1938348

What would you pay? Looks clean, but high miles. I need something new, been almost 3 years since I bought something.

Comment

It's had the heavy hitters (brakes, clutch) done recently with the exception of the tires. I'd say no more than $16k, if he puts two new tires on the front for you. It's black though, are you sure you want a black car?

Comment

Originally posted by Iannfld View Post
                    Got a meeting in LA this week...thinking I might look at this? http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1938348

What would you pay? Looks clean, but high miles. I need something new, been almost 3 years since I bought something.
                    $15k, tops. 10k miles a year on a "garage queen?" It could use a couple front tires and a good detailing on the exterior. I would definitely put it in the air and check out the underside for leaks and the suspension items for wear. It has some nice upgrades and looks clean from the pictures, but he's not even getting bites at $17k.

Comment

I've always loved that color. Need Titan trim though. E39 m5 is an itch I need to scratch. I'd probably just use it for the summer and sell. Worried about resale with the miles. Was thinking 15k would be good, even if I lost a couple grand to have a go at it.

Comment

Then you'd have two cars with the same wheels. I'd be nervous about the miles too, but correct Mx is more important than miles for BMW's. I would do a thorough search of E39 M5 issues and look hard through his paper work. You going to drive it back?
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

After spending all day in an e30, I kinda want one.
                          Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

If you get the M5, ditch the 19s and get 18s. 19s are too big for an E39.

Didn't read the FS thread, but does he still have the original wheels/tires? If so, ask the seller how much those 19s are worth, and then knock that off the $15k price and tell him to keep the 19s.

Comment

Even M1 Procars are hipster trend-mobiles lol...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Mapleton Elk Memorial Fund To contribute, visit any FirstBank branch and donate to the Mapleton Elk Memorial Fund.The Boulder chapter of In Defense of Animals has raised $3,000 through a new a fund…
                                Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Working...
                                X