This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
    Can anyone help me out? this is my fog light and I'm trying to get the bulb out but I don't understand how lol. Also are these aftermarket?

There's no bulb in there. ;)

Look for BMW logos or part numbers on the housing, if they aren't there, it's aftermarket.

Comment

Roland I believe it is aftermarket. I think that's why they wont work haha.
      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
      BMW

Comment

Does anyone know a place in the greater Denver area that has good prices on installing new catalytic converters? I'm trying to help my sister out with her Jeep, which is failing NOx and I need a cheap place as a last resort.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Most Midas/Meineke or other exhaust places can stick a universal cat in pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
            Does anyone know a place in the greater Denver area that has good prices on installing new catalytic converters? I'm trying to help my sister out with her Jeep, which is failing NOx and I need a cheap place as a last resort.
            Any old exhaust shop will do it. Find some Mexican mom and pop shop and they do a pretty dang good job for a very reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              Any old exhaust shop will do it. Find some Mexican mom and pop shop and they do a pretty dang good job for a very reasonable price.
              Yeah, I know any exhaust shop will do it. I wast just wondering if anyone had an honest, cheap, shop in mind. We will call around more. They are getting quoted around $400.

Comment

Yeah, I know any exhaust shop will do it. I wast just wondering if anyone had an honest, cheap, shop in mind. We will call around more. They are getting quoted around $400.
                does that quote include the purchase of an actual cat? If not, that is a huge amount of money. I would suggest looking in Denver then.

I know a buddy of mine had a complete cat-back side-exit exhaust fabbed up for $150 at a mom and pop muffler shop.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  does that quote include the purchase of an actual cat? If not, that is a huge amount of money. I would suggest looking in Denver then.

I know a buddy of mine had a complete cat-back side-exit exhaust fabbed up for $150 at a mom and pop muffler shop.
                  That is including a cat. I thought it sounded way expensive, I don't know where she got her quotes from but I think I need to start calling around for her :)

Comment

That is including a cat. I thought it sounded way expensive, I don't know where she got her quotes from but I think I need to start calling around for her :)
                    If that includes a brand new cat, I don't think you will get a much better price anywhere.

Comment

Brad, this is the best Mom & Pop exhaust shop I know, and the second best exhaust work I've ever had done (the best being AR Design, which is more of a fab shop):

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                        Brad, this is the best Mom & Pop exhaust shop I know, and the second best exhaust work I've ever had done (the best being AR Design, which is more of a fab shop):

http://www.lakewoodmufflerandbrake.com/
                        Thanks man! We will give them a call.

Also, thanks again for leading me to sasa for detailing. I got the E30 back yesterday from paint correction and opti-sealing. It looks better then the day I got it and it's fully protected now. I let him experiment with the opti-seal on single stage paint so I think he was able to learn something out of the deal too.

Anyone that needs a GOOD detail job definitely go to Exotic Image Detailing. The attention to detail is top notch and being able to work with my special (usually annoying) requests is something that is hard to find in a shop. /plug

Comment

Thanks man! We will give them a call.

Also, thanks again for leading me to sasa for detailing. I got the E30 back yesterday from paint correction and opti-sealing. It looks better then the day I got it and it's fully protected now. I let him experiment with the opti-seal on single stage paint so I think he was able to learn something out of the deal too.

Anyone that needs a GOOD detail job definitely go to Exotic Image Detailing. The attention to detail is top notch and being able to work with my special (usually annoying) requests is something that is hard to find in a shop. /plug
                          No problem. Glad to help two friends at one time. You realize that we're now going to need updated pictures of the E30 now, right?

Comment

You realize that we're now going to need updated pictures of the E30 now, right?
                            :hitler:
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

No problem. Glad to help two friends at one time. You realize that we're now going to need updated pictures of the E30 now, right?
                              If I can find a good location I will take some pictures when the weather clears up.

Comment

Brad - do you mind "detailing" what you had done and what it cost? I'm thinking about getting a detail for my M3. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X