No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a m20b25 that was rebuilt back in 2010 that I'm trying to get rid of. I don't have all the details of the rebuild but, I'm sure I can get them. Also the engine is out of an iX so it'll need a different oil pan.

Comment

I got a pan if you need it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

My lovely German ladies yesterday.
        1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
          I have a m20b25 that was rebuilt back in 2010 that I'm trying to get rid of. I don't have all the details of the rebuild but, I'm sure I can get them. Also the engine is out of an iX so it'll need a different oil pan.
          I can vouch for that, Portland Engine Rebuilders did the build in late '09/early '10. That motor really ought to stay in an iX, considering that iX blocks are different and such. FWIW.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Fuck

Hahahahahahahahahah it works!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Fuck

Hahahahahahahahahah it works!!!!!
              You finally got laid using a roofie?
              1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                You finally got laid using a roofie?
                lol

Comment

ZING! You get one gold star.

Edit: Wait..... fuck?

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  I can vouch for that, Portland Engine Rebuilders did the build in late '09/early '10. That motor really ought to stay in an iX, considering that iX blocks are different and such. FWIW.
                  True but, on the other hand it'd be nice to see someone make use of the engine. I was planning on build 3.1L with it but, plans changed.

Comment

I'm finally getting close to finishing all the work on my e30 before the picnic.

I had to re-wire some of the stereo after the RCAs behind the deck started to come apart at the connectors. I also found a bunch of old wiring in there from the 1st version the the stereo that was never removed... (Luke) ;)

I also replaced a bunch of little plastic parts that were getting worn out. Parts of the toneau cover, antenna grommet, etc.

I removed the front bumper and Mtech skirt so I could re-hang it more better. It always drooped down more than I wanted. A bit of work with the heat gun and the ABS plastic moved nicely around the mount points. That should help it sit more flush and less sit less sag-y.

Repainted the Guten splitter too and got to work on deep cleaning the leather with magic erasers. It's surprising how much grime white leather collects even when you clean it religiously 3x a week and only sit in it for 4 months out of the year. It's a bitch of a job and takes forever, but it'll look amazing.

Oh and I had the 16" glasspack in the center of the exhaust replaced with a Vibrant resonator, which should help cut down on droning on the highway.

Now it just needs a good wax and engine bay spray-down and she'll be ready to transport kegs up to Tacoma for the party!

Comment

I fucking hate tire shops...

Comment

Good news, the super rich running was from miller, my engine is fine no more smoke and I can drive it tomorrow!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                        sigpic

Comment

Installing headers in a swap car with the motor in the car can suck my balmy nut sack.
                          -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            I'm finally getting close to finishing all the work on my e30 before the picnic.

I had to re-wire some of the stereo after the RCAs behind the deck started to come apart at the connectors. I also found a bunch of old wiring in there from the 1st version the the stereo that was never removed... (Luke) ;)

I also replaced a bunch of little plastic parts that were getting worn out. Parts of the toneau cover, antenna grommet, etc.

I removed the front bumper and Mtech skirt so I could re-hang it more better. It always drooped down more than I wanted. A bit of work with the heat gun and the ABS plastic moved nicely around the mount points. That should help it sit more flush and less sit less sag-y.

Repainted the Guten splitter too and got to work on deep cleaning the leather with magic erasers. It's surprising how much grime white leather collects even when you clean it religiously 3x a week and only sit in it for 4 months out of the year. It's a bitch of a job and takes forever, but it'll look amazing.

Oh and I had the 16" glasspack in the center of the exhaust replaced with a Vibrant resonator, which should help cut down on droning on the highway.

Now it just needs a good wax and engine bay spray-down and she'll be ready to transport kegs up to Tacoma for the party!
                            Damn dude, you got a lot done!

Did my front brakes today. WOW. What a difference. Never realized how bad they really were til I got in there. Going to do my M3 rack tomorrow with new tie rods, then work on the rest of the interior stuff. Might respray my is trunk spoiler and lip if I get a chance. We'll see.

I need someone that can stitch up my driver seat and my rear seat. The stitching came undone. Anyone have a grandma who likes this kinda stuff?

Comment

Yay! I can say fuck now!
                              ;)
                              sigpic
                              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Got er done fuckers
                                -Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X