PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
    It does. I'm ok tho. Yeah, he did. We've got it worked out.
    That's good at least. Sucks about that motor going out though.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      That's good at least. Sucks about that motor going out though.
      There's always that risk with a 100K motor I guess. The fact that I had the old Ansa sport exhaust from the M52 might have helped it along. Anyway, now I'm researching what to do for exhaust...supersprint race too loud? ;D
      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

There's always that risk with a 100K motor I guess. The fact that I had the old Ansa sport exhaust from the M52 might have helped it along. Anyway, now I'm researching what to do for exhaust...supersprint race too loud? ;D
        What radiator are you running? Popped my HG @ 120k but I was running the POS 1 core M42 radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          What radiator are you running? Popped my HG @ 120k but I was running the POS 1 core M42 radiator.
          It's a behr E36 rad with an expansion tank. So, the proper one. I have a 78 degree stat in it too...runs b/n 1/4 and 1/2 on the temp gauge. Maybe go back to stock and let it run warmish?
          sigpic

Comment

It's a behr E36 rad with an expansion tank. So, the proper one. I have a 78 degree stat in it too...runs b/n 1/4 and 1/2 on the temp gauge. Maybe go back to stock and let it run warmish?
            Sounds perfect.. Must of got unlucky!

Comment

No. Leave a 75 deg t-stat in that engine. With a 2500 CFM fan, they NEVER go past 1/2 on the temp gauge, even in traffic on the hottest days. Hell, even a stock AC fan cools it amazingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                No. Leave a 75 deg t-stat in that engine. With a 2500 CFM fan, they NEVER go past 1/2 on the temp gauge, even in traffic on the hottest days. Hell, even a stock AC fan cools it amazingly well.
                K. Thanks Austin. You going to PIR this weekend? SCCA opening weekend!
                sigpic

Comment

Doubtful. I'll be working and going shooting Sunday. I'll have to make it out for PRO-3 opening weekend, though!

Comment

anybody got any experience with the revshift rear suspension bushings?

was thinking about just getting their entire kit for the rear. advice?
                    My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by moreoff View Post
                      anybody got any experience with the revshift rear suspension bushings?

was thinking about just getting their entire kit for the rear. advice?

I just bought the kit from ser1992, I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

who is selling this m50 swap?

My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          I just bought the kit from ser1992, I'll let you know how it goes.
                          ya i saw that. about to purchase the adjustable rear subframe tomorrow.

so i was going to replace all the bushings anyways. not sure which ones to go with.

not sure if i need the shorter ones since the subframe is adjustable.
                          My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Go with condor, I run there motor and tranny mounts, I like them a lot. I got redshift for the rear because they were cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              Go with condor, I run there motor and tranny mounts, I like them a lot. I got redshift for the rear because they were cheaper
                              these ones?

doesn't say how hard they are. and no options to choose soft/hard like revshift.

not sure if theyre +$60 better than the revshift ones?

and i still dont know if i should get stock height or -12mm subframe bushings..
                              My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've heard the revshift stuff isn't the greatest, not sure what harness they were referring to. Condor stuff is pretty hard. I'm sure you could shoot them an email and they'd give you all the info you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X