No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon, the E30 isn't really suited for the passel of kids that I have. Hence I will use the Sequoia during the weekends. I do however love to cruise the E30 with the GAS powered Sound system cranked ... recommended playlist includes Led Zeppelin, Marshal Tucker Band, and Skynrd.
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I have only owned mine for 4 years now, and maybe put just under a 1000 miles on it.

...but those are some HARD miles.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Speaking of GAS sound systems, I need to sell mine. Does anyone need an 10" lukebox with amp/amp rack?
        Last edited by OldDrunkenSailor; 09-02-2015, 01:55 PM.
        Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
        2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
        2010 Buell XB9SX
        2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
        1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
        1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
        1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
        2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
        2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Now that you make me think of it, I've had my current one for almost 10 years. I've had a few other e30's during that duration. Going to be looking for another one for a DD sometime soon.
          m106 1990 e30
          e36 daily
          e32 cruiser

Comment

i've got 15 months on my current car, and i think i've only put about 1000 miles on it. which is totally lame. not nearly enough. after not having a toy car for a few years, you think i'd keep my e30 on the road a bit more.

i need to finish projects quicker than i have. i seem to start something, put in a couple of enthusiastic stints of work and then it sits for a month in the garage. then i finally get motivated to finish the project and i totally enjoy driving it again for the next month. then i get interested in changing/fixing something, order/locate a slew of parts, and the process starts all over again.

working on it is fun and all. that's definitely part of why i got it. but driving it is more fun.
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone ever install a brand new set of injectors? The new ones I have here have a different pintle cap design, I think? Do I install them as is?

Part #62415 (bosch) or 0 280 156 346
              Last edited by kid325e; 09-05-2015, 08:33 AM.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

26 months and ~ 16k miles for me, love my e30. Popped the r3v limiter a few times yesterday, love that sound!

When we gonna have another dicks drive in meet or a cruise? Should have one before winter really kicks in!
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Hopefully soon, I'm down for one when the leaves start to fall
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Heard a weird clicking noise today from engine bay, sounded like it was coming from timing cover area. took distributor off and belt can move all over the place... M20s are ticking timebombs man.

Edit: Anyone have suggestions on what to do to prep my car for sitting for the next 9 months? besides draining the fluids? I just did a fresh oil change yesterday. Or maybe I can just do the job over thanksgiving break.
                    Last edited by Wschnitz; 09-05-2015, 10:22 AM.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Swapped those injectors in as is and the 02 fired right up!!!
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

:woowoo:
                        clutchCTRL!
                        Move with a purpose.
                        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                        - 2000 323i AT
                        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          Swapped those injectors in as is and the 02 fired right up!!!
                          Very cool. What pintle caps did you end up using and are those 4-hole injectors?

Comment

I just used the ones that came on the injectors out of the box. They are 4 hole injectors, I spent a little time researching this morning I think they are "Type III" style injectors? Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                              I just used the ones that came on the injectors out of the box. They are 4 hole injectors, I spent a little time researching this morning I think they are "Type III" style injectors? Someone correct me if i'm wrong.
                              Pretty sure they're bosch type III, mustang injectors.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                26 months and ~ 16k miles for me, love my e30. Popped the r3v limiter a few times yesterday, love that sound!

When we gonna have another dicks drive in meet or a cruise? Should have one before winter really kicks in!
                                I need to hit you up for welding that skid plate. Let me get moved to the new house and I'll shoot you a PM.
                                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                                X