Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
    Sadly :(
    I just hope that the owner is ok. I cant remember his name but he and I have chatted quite a few times at the Caffeine and Gasoline meets up at Griots garage. The car was beautiful. I hope he is able to find another!

1984 Hennarot 325i - Euro swapped /Built m20 -FOR SALE-
    1968 Mercury Cougar --Restored Garage queen-

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
      ^ I think miscommunication on all fronts was the main problem, if people had called and not heard a thing on their way, the thread on r3v could had been updated and the FB event cancelled. my 2 cents. I dont have a cell phone anymore
      It should have been obvious when they weren't answering, but I know a few of us were really excited to go out especially if it was a bit damp.

I think they should have an update on their website or answering machine with whether or not they're open that day. It shouldn't be that hard and when you run a weather-dependent business I'd think it would be a no brainer.
      sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Henna30 View Post
        One of the wheels was destroyed. Then engine and trans were both cracked from impact. It hit that hard. And the bad part is, if whoever purchased it based off the photos alone, they are going to be in for a big surprise. The photos show the car inside undercover with the top down. unfortunately the car has been left outside in the rain for the last 2 months so the interior was completely soaked.
        That was why we backed off on what we were willing to spend. Weren't sure what shape the interior was after being outside.

Really it was the rear body parts that had the most interest, and maybe the top.

The impact looked bad enough to have really tweaked the whole driveline position, so at most the head was all I was counting on saving. But, like you said, it's always what you don't see online that burns you.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I can post again!!!!

R3v stopped emailing me for some reason and I changed my email to a different one and it said it sent an activation email that I never got! :( Today it worked, finally!
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

okay heres some videos:

the second video shows the brick wall the car hit between 5 and 6000 (its hard to tell though)

the car has good power (and a very rusty muffler) as seen but not sure if that misfire noise is pinging???. the car has many new parts including:

-new bmw oe crank sensor
            -rebuilt head
            -180psi compression 1-4
            -new spark plugs ngkbkr6ek
            -new fuel filter
            -rebuilt fuel injectors - s52 pink tops
            -fuel pressure never dips below 3bar (gauge confirmed)
            -all new intake seals and intake boot
            -ICV bypassed with hole drilled in coin and unplugged
            -swapped old AFM for new unit from picknpull off e36 m42 - car runs better with new AFM but still shitty like this

DME throws code 1262 for ICV not plugged in.

did a plug chop and 1-4 are running lean.

the car WILL NOT IDLE on its own unless you rev it up, probably due to ICV being unplugged, I get that. but the artificial redline problem cant be related can it?

not sure if it is AFM related or faulty fuel injector from my guy. the car bucks very hard when on/off throttle (possibly due to broken gas pedal). misfires at small throttle inputs and up until 3500rpm till it clears up.

anything helps :) thinking about getting AFM rebuilt by bavrest and going from there.

Comment

^ good job getting it running.

Now to just get it moving.
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

cam sensor hoes
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  cam sensor hoes
                  Ive read on various parts of web a bad cam sensor just causes injectors to fire as 1 group, would it really cause running this bad? guess I need to bench test the AFMs or get a rebuilt one

does the engine sound like its pinging in the first vid? my only other thoughts are shitty spark plug wires, but I also didnt see a ground strap on any of the coil packs, should there be one?

Comment

im an idiot and have no idea about m42s good luck hoes
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Does your phone auto-correct toes to hoes?
                      Hank Ahrens
                      1984 Alpine Coupe
                      1978 911sc

Comment

will get a new sensor soon and go from there then Phil, I got nothing to lose.

Comment

ive called him hoes since forever....also the coil pack does have a ground so check that it is attached and also check your ground at the alternator etc
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

in my parts stash I just found a non vanos m50 camshaft sensor bnib. 5 minutes of some google images searching later and Im pretty convinced I can sub it into the place on the m42. the ground strap from the engine to chassis is in good condition and the coil pack ground I actually also looked up the parts diagrams and couldnt find the part #.

Comment

I don't think that sensor will work. Don't fuck it up and make it unusable on a NV motor. Just go buy the right one.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

they both use VR sensors and the ohm spec is the same so why not?

EDIT:

pulled the m42 cam sensor off and it is 98% identical in size, length of mounting to my sensor 12141726590 for m50nv. late night test drive going down in a sec

update: new cam sensor didnt help. thinking new AFM now.
                                Last edited by 5Toes; 11-12-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X