Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My M20 is a poor mans m50 duh.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

    Comment


      Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      My M20 is a poor mans m42 duh.

      Comment


        If you own a modded E30 you've been a poor man one time or another.
        Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Gerta View Post
          If you own a modded E30 you've been a poor man one time or another.
          Perfect starter/College mobile.
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          02' ///M Coupe 'Clownshoe'- TiAg/Black & Estoril- SOLD
          12' E70 X5 Diesel - Daily Driver
          19' Harley Davidson FXBB Street Bob


          Leave me Feedback!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=223522

          Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.
          Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

          Comment


            Originally posted by Gerta View Post
            If you own a modded E30 you've been a poor man one time or another.
            *facepalm* story of my friggen life right now!!!
            Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
            Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
            1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
            1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
            2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

            IG: mitsugal_jenni

            Comment


              PNW Chit Chat thread

              I don't hate vanos, I just don't see the point. It's more to maintain, it's more to tune, the power band is not consistent, and that bubble on the head looks retarded.

              Ok i do hate vanos, I would much rather have a 3.0 m50nv which I don't understand why anyone would call that a poor mans s50 swap. S50's have vanos don't they?

              S50 is really expensive, why not build a 3.0 liter m52 if it makes the same power as an s50 you would have to be retarded spend money on an s50.
              Last edited by Pdxseth; 04-14-2016, 12:35 PM.

              Comment


                What's wrong with the m54? My mom had a b25 for like 80k miles and it was a pretty decent motor. Ran good, good tq, pretty reliable.
                -Christian

                '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

                Comment


                  OBD2 swaps are so easy now a days

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    What's wrong with the m54? My mom had a b25 for like 80k miles and it was a pretty decent motor. Ran good, good tq, pretty reliable.


                    80k? What doesn't last 80k?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      80k? What doesn't last 80k?
                      Your driveshaft?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                        Your driveshaft?


                        Ouch

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                          Ouch
                          Haha couldn't resist!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                            80k? What doesn't last 80k?
                            I mean she owned in from like 36k miles to 138k, and it didn't have many issues by the time it was killed in an accident. She'd still have it I bet and it would have had like 200k by now

                            My M3 has 194k on it and it runs awesome
                            -Christian

                            '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                              I mean she owned in from like 36k miles to 138k, and it didn't have many issues by the time it was killed in an accident. She'd still have it I bet and it would have had like 200k by now



                              My M3 has 194k on it and it runs awesome


                              Maybe she just didn't know it had a blown head gasket.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                Maybe she just didn't know it had a blown head gasket.
                                hahaha it ran awesome
                                -Christian

                                '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X