PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
    I'm probably older than the rest of you, and therefore don't quite get it. I thought it was hipsters that went to old-school barber shops. Do hipsters not have big beards? Or is that "lumbersexual?"

Hipsters do go to old school Barbur shops and have big beards...... I'm issually hungover when I get my hair cut and they do everything with a straight razor and scissors no buzzing, I also don't like to shave due to being hungover, I'm really just a drunk using the hipster card to not look like a drunk bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      Ole Ole is the shit, my dad and the owner have been good friends for over 30 years.

I love that place

Comment

I'm probably older than the rest of you, and therefore don't quite get it. I thought it was hipsters that went to old-school barber shops. Do hipsters not have big beards? Or is that "lumbersexual?"
        I'm entering my fourth decade spinning around on this big rock, I don't usually call it a barber. I just go wherever it's convenient, and doesn't charge a lot. Unfortunately, I live deep in hipster county (Alberta Arts District) so my choices are limited, unless I want to wait until my wife goes to get her hair did..

All that being said, it is nice being handed a beer while you wait. And there is a taco joint next door..

I did go once to a REALLY hipster barber, where they served whisky and many of the barbers (all male) had beards and mustaches that they waxed in to little points for added street cred.

It felt weird - don't like man hands on my head.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

They give you whiskey so the man hands aren't akward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to get barber shop cuts about 20 years ago, before it was hip to do so. Real deal, by guys who served in WWII. Hunting trophies on the walls, and Playboy magazines while you wait. It was no gimmick, no big deal.

Nowadays, I cut my own hair with clippers, once a year. Usually around now in time for race season, so hair doesn't get in my eyes when putting on helmets.
            '91 325i

Comment

I used to get barber shop cuts about 20 years ago, before it was hip to do so. Real deal, by guys who served in WWII. Hunting trophies on the walls, and Playboy magazines while you wait. It was no gimmick, no big deal.

Nowadays, I cut my own hair with clippers, once a year. Usually around now in time for race season, so hair doesn't get in my eyes when putting on helmets.
              I learned to shave my own head, with clippers, back in my army days. I have not consistently been to a barber since 2004.
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Yo, looking for late model plate filler, passenger rear OEM brake caliber, IS lower lip, coilovers or race springs, and sunroof weather seal. I got cash and willing to drive. Let me know
                F80 M3 Alpine
                E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                E28 Blackish 535i
                E21 Silver 320i
                Disco1 98 4.6
                ~~~~~~
                E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                E30 325i SOLD
                E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't been to a barber shop in a couple years. A #2 on the clippers is all that's necessary.
                  Hank Ahrens
                  1984 Alpine Coupe
                  1978 911sc

Comment

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                      Yo, looking for late model plate filler, passenger rear OEM brake caliber, IS lower lip, coilovers or race springs, and sunroof weather seal. I got cash and willing to drive. Let me know
                      I have a rear caliper sonnnnnnn.
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

lol i didn't think the question would bring so many replies
                        Originally posted by Vokuhila
                        I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Where around Bothell can I get a beer and a hair cut for a decent price? (not the place on beardslee $$$)
                          m106 1990 e30
                          e36 daily
                          e32 cruiser

Comment

All this talk of barber shops and beards makes me glad my girly hair requires next to zero maintenance aside from washing. That shits all too complicated lol
                            Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                            Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                            1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                            1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                            2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
                              lol i didn't think the question would bring so many replies
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Come out and watch some racing next weekend. May 14th/15th 2016 we are sponsoring the Car Tender Challenge at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA.

*6 Race Groups with over 100 different race cars
                                *Round 3 of the "Mini-Enduro" Series
                                *Championship Road Racing Saturday and Sunday
                                ~~Featuring: PRO3 and SPEC46

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...