No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really sure what's a fair price for these currently. Motor was rebuilt by a shop from previous owner, so I can't say how many miles are on it. It's clean and runs great lol. All I can say is it supposedly has wiseco pistons and a schrick cam. 24lb injectors and Miller chip. It's OBD1 and has some eBay stainless style headers. It pulls like a bat outta hell after 4K and redlined around 7.2. Anyone is welcome to scope it to make sure. Possibly selling the g260 with it as well if I can line up the t56 trans.

F80 M3 Alpine
    E10 Fjord Blue 2002
    E28 Blackish 535i
    E21 Silver 320i
    Disco1 98 4.6
    ~~~~~~
    E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
    E30 325i SOLD
    E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
    E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
      So I swapped out the god awful 17 inch boat anchors on my car for some 15x8 trm c1. I'm absolutely blown away by the difference. It feels like an entirely new car now, it's better in every way possible.
      Always wanted a set of those. What tires? What brakes do you have too. I'm worried I can't get a set of those on with my rx7 brakes now.
      F80 M3 Alpine
      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
      E28 Blackish 535i
      E21 Silver 320i
      Disco1 98 4.6
      ~~~~~~
      E30 325i SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

225 55 15, they're close to rubbing on the rear. I got the set that was advertised on here recently. I've seen guys run them with rx7 brakes. Look up the s54 e30 that was recently on overdrive? I think that's the YouTube show, the one with Matt Farah
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

225 55 15, they're close to rubbing on the rear. I got the set that was advertised on here recently. I've seen guys run them with rx7 brakes. Look up the s54 e30 that was recently on overdrive? I think that's the YouTube show, the one with Matt Farah
          Ya I'll check it out. I didn't notice what wheels he was running. Nice scoop on those. For the money they are the best. I'd like to get a fun light weight summer set up with those.
          F80 M3 Alpine
          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
          E28 Blackish 535i
          E21 Silver 320i
          Disco1 98 4.6
          ~~~~~~
          E30 325i SOLD
          sigpic

Comment

225/50r15 or 225/45r15 are what we run on the PRO3 cars. They do require a little fender rolling to keep from rubbing, but then again, our cars are usually set at close to the min height for the class, 4".

On a street car, depending which rear arches you have, you may get away just rolling the lip under if your car is on coils.

I did run 205/50r15's before, and they never rubbed, and were not bad looking on an 8" rim. That's the same size as Spec Miata/SE30, so in the RA1's I was able to find some pull off for rather cheap. It's still an available size by many sport tire manufactures.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-2002-6/

Toes long lost '02 cousin?

:)
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                225/50r15 or 225/45r15 are what we run on the PRO3 cars. They do require a little fender rolling to keep from rubbing, but then again, our cars are usually set at close to the min height for the class, 4".

On a street car, depending which rear arches you have, you may get away just rolling the lip under if your car is on coils.

I did run 205/50r15's before, and they never rubbed, and were not bad looking on an 8" rim. That's the same size as Spec Miata/SE30, so in the RA1's I was able to find some pull off for rather cheap. It's still an available size by many sport tire manufactures.
                Edit: I'm running 225 50 15. They rubbed when I had a 5mm spacer on the rear, so I took it off and they have great clearance with no fender roll. The car is sitting on the gc/koni setup. It looked a lot better with the 5mm spacer however, so I may just have to roll my fenders pretty good. This car has a super beat body so it's not like rolling the fenders will get me tarred and feathered or anything.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

where do they measure that 4" min ride height from on the car?

Comment

Edit: I'm running 225 50 15. They rubbed when I had a 5mm spacer on the rear, so I took it off and they have great clearance with no fender roll. The car is sitting on the gc/koni setup. It looked a lot better with the 5mm spacer however, so I may just have to roll my fenders pretty good. This car has a super beat body so it's not like rolling the fenders will get me tarred and feathered or anything.

Yes, I have 10mm spacers on the front of the racecar, but none on the rear, and run wheels that actually a little less offset then ideal for an E30 (Konig Rewinds with +20) and they aren't bad unless the rearend has shifted.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    where do they measure that 4" min ride height from on the car?
                    I had to double check, and it's actually 5", from the lowest point of the Rocker Panel.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I just picked up some 15x8s and il be throwing 205/50/15s on them, glad to hear they won't rub. What offset were yours? I belive mine are et20
                      Derek Stanelle
                      Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

et20

I added the spacers to the front when I shortened the front housing on my homemade coilovers to use Corrado shocks. With the 225/50 they rubbed on the housing a bit. Didn't have that issue with the 205's.

Since then, I went to GC's and haven't had any issues, but I also kept the spacers on for the extra track width.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I currently have 235s and they rub a little with my kyb bav auto combo. I plan on dropping it a bit lower with coils soon, I don't think il have any issues with 205s.
                          Derek Stanelle
                          Hellrot 325is coupe

Comment

205's are too wide for e30 lololololololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^hella scene points
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

...Seth's results don't reflect reality.

:)
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X